Windows 10: problem with adjusting size on second screen

Discus and support problem with adjusting size on second screen in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have connected a second screen to my laptop via HDMI. However, the image resolution does not adjust on my second screen correctly. When I go into the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JulietteB67, Jan 1, 2024.

1. problem with adjusting size on second screen

I have connected a second screen to my laptop via HDMI. However, the image resolution does not adjust on my second screen correctly. When I go into the settings to manually adjust the resolution it still won't give me the resolution needed for my second screen. My second screen is an old screen and is in 16*10 format. The resolution I have right now is 1920*1080 and this is the recommended setting but it clearly does not work for my second screen. I have tried all of the easy trouble shooting solution like turning both my computer and extra screen on/off and unplugging/plugging my HDMi cable.

:)

JulietteB67, Jan 1, 2024
  2. jimbo45 Win User

Adjusting font size in Outlook folder list (2016/2019)

Hi folks
    Is there a way to get this screen in Outlook 2016/2019.

Here in Outlook 2010 you can easily adjust the font size and type in the folder list (navigation pane) and other things which makes it much more readable on a large monitor - sometimes default fonts are too tiny - especially when viewed on large screens !!

problem with adjusting size on second screen [​IMG]

I can't seem to get to similar screens in Outlook 2016/2019.
    In Some places you can't set size either - you just get choice of small, large, larger !!!!!!! definitely a retrograde step IMO.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jan 1, 2024
  3. Change text etc size

Hi,

To help you with your concern, we suggest you adjust your screen resolution and choose your desired screen size. Steps do to that are below:

• Right-click on the Start button, and choose Control Panel.
    • Click Appearance and Personalization.
    • Select Display, then Adjust Resolution.
    • Drag the slider for Resolution to test and choose your desired screen size.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Jan 1, 2024
  4. problem with adjusting size on second screen

Screen size does not fix.

Since the new upgrades the screen size is too big for my 7 YR old Toshiba Laptop, which I use constantly. I Can not access the x or the scroll bar. The character's are Hugh, stretched and distorted. I have followed every single step listed in troubleshooting
    and even paid two computer techs to fix it. NOTHING WORKS! There used to be a simple one step adjustment: Settings: Display: Screen Size. Neither, Resetting, troubleshooting app, driver updates, changing to another resolution (which btw is suggested as a
    fix but non existant) nothing works. I am at wits end. The last guy I paid to fix it suggested I just buy anew unit? I can't afford that. Please please address this issue asap. Thank you

Arose Krashmam, Jan 1, 2024
Thema:

problem with adjusting size on second screen

1. problem with adjusting size on second screen - Similar Threads - problem adjusting size

2. problem with adjusting size on second screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problem with adjusting size on second screen: I have connected a second screen to my laptop via HDMI. However, the image resolution does not adjust on my second screen correctly. When I go into the settings to manually adjust the resolution it still won't give me the resolution needed for my second screen. My second...
  3. Screen size problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen size problem: I turned my computer on for the first time in months and the screen was stretched so things were running off the edge. I updated all drivers; apps; and system updates, made sure all of my settings were on recommended, and went into display settings and there is no resizing...
  4. Screen size adjustment

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen size adjustment: My screen picture is too big for my computer screen. How do I adjust? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-size-adjustment/36a1f95e-9e91-40b1-baa8-6e688fb0e905
  5. Text size (not scaling) adjustment for second monitor?

Text size (not scaling) adjustment for second monitor?: Running 1903, and looking to adjust text size for a laptop's external monitor. The text size slider adjusts the text size only for the main display, no matter what screen is selected before adjustment. Is there any way to adjust text size (not scaling) for individual...
  6. How to adjust monitor screen size?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How to adjust monitor screen size?: Hi! I cracked my monitor on left side. Now i want to adjust monitor size. How to do that? Image: https://imgur.com/a/1bFPRMs Regards Ales
  7. Help! Can't adjust screen size for dual monitors

Help! Can't adjust screen size for dual monitors: [ATTACH] Hoping someone can help me here. First and foremost, if this post is supposed to go to a different page please advise. I need to adjust both of my screen sizes. Right now, monitor #2 is registered as sufficiently smaller (to the point where it is annoying) to my...
  8. Screen brightness adjust problems

Screen brightness adjust problems: I couldnt adjust my screen brightness cause the brightness button didnt working, it stuck at 0% and i cant click on it At the setting display section it didnt show the screen brightness bar either. I dont remember this problem happenned after i updating window or not, it been...
  9. How do I adjust page/screen size

How do I adjust page/screen size: I have the most updated version of Microsoft 10 Home. However when I click on a file/document or webpage it doesn't fit on my screen. They are too big. I thought the update would fix this. I can't even get to the start link. I have to use the button on the keyboard to...
  10. Problem in Adjusting Brightness of screen

Problem in Adjusting Brightness of screen: Hi, can you please help me with may video card. My video card is NVIDIA GEFORCE, and my laptop had its windows update last last week and it seems like it had some issue. My AutoCAD software have been damage. I can't also adjust the brightness of my screen, even though I use...