Windows 10: Problem with access

Discus and support Problem with access in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hii was trying to install a game called stalker anomaly that requires a .net Framwork 3.5 when it finished downloading the files it would say... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tommaso Grazia, Apr 29, 2024.

1. Problem with access

Hii was trying to install a game called stalker anomaly that requires a .net Framwork 3.5 when it finished downloading the files it would say impossible to install the feature and underneath it would say access denied, I tried to see if it was an administrators probl but it doesn't seem to be although I don't rule it out I also tried to see if it was a problem with the Windows Update service where however I noticed that the service is stopped and the moment I try to start it I get access denied again. Could this be a related problem? Please help me

:)

Tommaso Grazia, Apr 29, 2024
  2. jcaswell Win User

W10 can connect to wider internet but cannot access web pages

I have an odd issue with my W10 laptop linked to Sky broadband in the UK via wifi using a Sky router. The effect is that while I can actually access the internet (I can send and receive emails using Outlook and can connect to other machines using TeamViewer) I cannot access any web site (Google, BBC etc). There is no specific error message, merely that the access request timed out and a suggestion that it may be to do with proxy. I have tried the following:
    1. Other systems (W10 and ios) can access web sites using the same Sky router (therefore probably not a router problem)
    2. I have sent and received emails using Outlook, so the broadband connection is working (probably not a Sky problem)
    3. I have tried two different browsers (Firefox and Edge), no connection (not a browser problem)
    4. I am using Windows Defender and have:
      1. Made sure that Firefox is in the list of allowed systems in its Firewall, no connection after a reboot
      2. Turned off the Firewall and tried again - no connection
    My next step will be to re-install Windows, but has anyone got any other suggestions? Could it be some sort of virus (I have carried out a complete virus check using Defender) So - any suggestions?

jcaswell, Apr 29, 2024
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. dalchina Win User

Problem with access

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Apr 29, 2024
Thema:

Problem with access

1. Problem with access - Similar Threads - Problem access

2. voice access problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    voice access problems: my voice access keeps shutting off with message "speech recognition has encountered a problem please try again error 2001." If I go to the services window and restart window audio end point builder it will turn voice access on but after a few minutes it turns off again. I...
  3. voice access problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    voice access problems: my voice access keeps shutting off with message "speech recognition has encountered a problem please try again error 2001." If I go to the services window and restart window audio end point builder it will turn voice access on but after a few minutes it turns off again. I...
  4. Problems with Windows 10, Control Panel not accessible, Audio not enabled, Taskbar not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with Windows 10, Control Panel not accessible, Audio not enabled, Taskbar not...: Hello Microsoft Support/Community,I am experiencing too many failures in Windows 10 version 22H2 OS Build 19045.4842, have faced blue screen errors for DRIVER STATE FAILURE, along with no access to Control Panel, it opens and closes immediately, task bar is not working, when...
  5. Problems with Windows 10, Control Panel not accessible, Audio not enabled, Taskbar not...

Problems with Windows 10, Control Panel not accessible, Audio not enabled, Taskbar not...: Hello Microsoft Support/Community,I am experiencing too many failures in Windows 10 version 22H2 OS Build 19045.4842, have faced blue screen errors for DRIVER STATE FAILURE, along with no access to Control Panel, it opens and closes immediately, task bar is not working, when...
  6. Problems with Windows 10, Control Panel not accessible, Audio not enabled, Taskbar not...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. File access problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File access problem: Greetings, saw some time ago this account: S-1-15-3-65536-1888954469-739942743-1668119174-2468466756-4239452838-1296943325-355587736-700089176Seemed suspicios, and i looked into it a bitSaw some thread on here where it was mentioned that i can safely delete it, and i did...
  8. File access problem

File access problem: Greetings, saw some time ago this account: S-1-15-3-65536-1888954469-739942743-1668119174-2468466756-4239452838-1296943325-355587736-700089176Seemed suspicios, and i looked into it a bitSaw some thread on here where it was mentioned that i can safely delete it, and i did...
  9. Problems accessing my other PC over the network using the PC name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems accessing my other PC over the network using the PC name: When I try to access my other win11 both are win11 I have an error using the explorer link where the list of networked PCs appears. But if I try to access the explorer using \\ip\folder the connection is perfect. Service look correctly .Any idea ?...
  10. Problems accessing my other PC over the network using the PC name

Problems accessing my other PC over the network using the PC name: When I try to access my other win11 both are win11 I have an error using the explorer link where the list of networked PCs appears. But if I try to access the explorer using \\ip\folder the connection is perfect. Service look correctly .Any idea ?...