Windows 10: Problem with 5 ghz Hotspot

Discus and support Problem with 5 ghz Hotspot in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Previously my I was able to share hotspots both on 2.4 and 5 ghz bands while my pc is on ethernet but now wasn't able to turn my 5ghz hotspot while the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SEVA NIKETAN, Aug 17, 2024.

1. Problem with 5 ghz Hotspot

Previously my I was able to share hotspots both on 2.4 and 5 ghz bands while my pc is on ethernet but now wasn't able to turn my 5ghz hotspot while the pc is on ethernet. But I am able to turn the 5ghz band on while the pc is connected via 5ghz wifi.My adaptor- IntelR Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265Windows 11 Pro Version 23H2 OS build 22631.4037Picture over WiFi : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XwCQtD4tD2LRE9m0Qmq2a3Yhxy4zvmJZ/view?usp=sharingPicture over Ethernet : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1o7YZi1Amhu4EEQBf9JQLhJmMiSYOAZ3q/view?usp=sharing

:)

SEVA NIKETAN, Aug 17, 2024

2. Can't create 5 ghz hotspot

My laptop is Dell Inspiron 7566, network adapter is Intel Dual-band Wireless AC 3165, supporting both 2.4 and 5 ghz networks; latest Windows 10 version with all recommended updates, all laptop-side drivers are also up-to-date.

So recently I noticed that internet on my phone when it connected to hotspot on computer became really slow. I figured out that my room is virtually jam-packed by 2.4 ghz networks, but there's the only 5ghz network so I decided if I switch hotspot to 5ghz
    it should work much better (formerly I created hotspot with automatic band choose and I think that system created 5ghz hotspot, but then something happened and it switched to 2.4 ghz).

But Windows tells me that "The selected network band isn't available. Select a different band and try again". Any suggestions?

kekonyanus, Aug 17, 2024
  3. Can't create 5 ghz hotspot

Press Windows key + X

Click Device Manager

Expand Network adapters

Right click your wireless adapter

Click Properties

Click the Advanced tab

In the Property list, choose Band

In the Value list box, select 5 GHz

Click OK

Andre Da Costa, Aug 17, 2024
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Problem with 5 ghz Hotspot

Windows Hotspot

Hi Hariprasad,

Faulty WiFi adapter is one of the possible reasons why you are not able to connect to a hotspot that has 5.2 GHz Band. For us to assist you regarding your network issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Have you tried using another device to connect to your hotspot that runs on the 5.2 GHz band?
    • Are you using a third-party software to setup your hotspot?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Aug 17, 2024
Thema:

Problem with 5 ghz Hotspot

1. Problem with 5 ghz Hotspot - Similar Threads - Problem ghz Hotspot

2. Problem with 5 ghz Hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with 5 ghz Hotspot: Previously my I was able to share hotspots both on 2.4 and 5 ghz bands while my pc is on ethernet but now wasn't able to turn my 5ghz hotspot while the pc is on ethernet. But I am able to turn the 5ghz band on while the pc is connected via 5ghz wifi.My adaptor- IntelR Dual...
  3. Cannot connect to 5 GHz

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot connect to 5 GHz: I have a HP Probook 4530s with Windows 10 installed and I am trying to get a connection to 5 GHz. The adapter I have Realtek 8812U is dual band so it should support this but I have no option under the properties tab, only 2.4. I have checked on the command prompt and I...
  4. Mobile hotspot keeps connecting to 2.4 ghz despite asking for 5 ghz

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mobile hotspot keeps connecting to 2.4 ghz despite asking for 5 ghz: Hello! I really need help here. I'm trying to use 5G on my mobile phone's hotspot, but it keeps connecting to 2.4 ghz. I event went to device manager and changed preffered band to 5 ghz, but my computer keeps connecting to 2.4 ghz, and it's really slow. Help? I even checked...
  5. 5 GHz band problem and request time out

5 GHz band problem and request time out: In my PC, using TP Link wireless adapter AC600 v1.0 i can't connect it to my 5Ghz band when it is plugged at the back of my PC, it says "cant connect to this network" if i plug in the front it gets connected but I'm not to able play games with ease i get constant 300 - 500...
  6. Over-aggressive band steer 2.4 GHz to 5 GHz?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Over-aggressive band steer 2.4 GHz to 5 GHz?: One of my users has recently experienced bad WiFi-connectivity. At boot, all was good; though after some time the number of quarter-circles indicating field strength went down, and connections became bad, at times making video conferencing MS teams lousy to impossible. I...
  7. GHz Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    GHz Problem: Hi there Problem with my laptop again, I recently purchased the MSI PS63 Modern off of the Microsoft website and under tech specs it says it should go up to 4.6 GHz but it's stuck at around 1.6 GHz. I've tried switching the mode in order to increase it but it won't budge?...
  8. WIN10 mobile hotspot not working on either 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz

WIN10 mobile hotspot not working on either 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz: On 2.4 GHz, phones cannot even detect the signal; On 5 GHz, phones can detect the signal but never pass the authentication, it won't fail the authentication, but just keep verifying the password!...
  9. WiFi Connection 5 ghz problem--

WiFi Connection 5 ghz problem--: my Dell Inspiron 3521 computer running Windows 10 with a DW WLan card does not connect to my 5 GHZ network. It connects to my 2.4 GHz and does not show my 5GHZ....
  10. HOW TO CHANGE FROM 5 GHZ TO 2.4 GHZ

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HOW TO CHANGE FROM 5 GHZ TO 2.4 GHZ: I HAVE NEW SECURITY CAMERA WILL NOT CONECT TO 5 GHZ , SO HAVE TO CHANGE SETTING ON ROUTER? TO 2.4 GHZ HOW? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/how-to-change-from-5-ghz-to-24-ghz/576f5c1a-1a88-4ba9-bcf6-7eb409642e62