Windows 10: Problem waking PC from sleep on Win 11

Discus and support Problem waking PC from sleep on Win 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; A few months ago I bought this pre-built... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GusK87, Mar 15, 2024.

1. GusK87 Win User

Problem waking PC from sleep on Win 11

A few months ago I bought this pre-built PC:https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpowerpc-gamer-supreme-gaming-desktop-amd-ryzen-7-7700-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-rtx-3070-1tb-ssd-white/6533252.p?skuId=6533252For some reason I can't get it to wake from sleep mode. The fans/lights turn on and the mouse lights up when clicked. But the monitor stays on standby, the keyboard doesn't light back up, and I end up having to hold the power button and just force restart. I *am* able to let the monitor itself turn off after a set amount of time and turn it back on through activity.I tried turning off Fast St

:)

GusK87, Mar 15, 2024
  2. kenhaka Win User

Win 11 PC immediately wakes from sleep

Thanks for the troubleshooting steps, unfortunately I'm still experiencing the issue. In fact, the sleep to wake time has actually gotten even shorter. The PC now appears to wake up faster than before.

kenhaka, Mar 15, 2024
  3. Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Mar 15, 2024
  4. Problem waking PC from sleep on Win 11

Troubleshooting PCs spontaneously waking from sleep

I've also battled with sleep/wake issues over the years, and from experience have learned that trying to find, or rationalise, the root cause is a waste of time. All you need is `powercfg`.

`powercfg -devicequery wake_armed` from an Administrator PowerShell window/Command Prompt will give you a list of all devices that can possibly wake the PC. This command is interesting because very often, it will show devices that you'd never expect being able to wake your computer. I think in one instance I had the chipset device listed!

`powercfg -devicedisablewake "device_name_from_device_query"`will prevent said device from ever waking the computer. This command is 100% the only thing I have found that will resolve sleep/wake problems. Updating drivers, unplugging peripherals, switching to a cleaner power supply (UPS), changing ethernet cables... none of those have helped, yet`powercfg -devicedisablewake` has done the trick.

Note that occasionally, devices you have disabled wake for may start waking up the PC again - this happens if you plug a USB device into a different port, or occasionally when drivers are updated, because Windows sees it as a new device. In that case rerun `powercfg` to find and disable that device again.

If this does not resolve your wake issues, I would start looking at power fluctuations.

Assimilator, Mar 15, 2024
Thema:

Problem waking PC from sleep on Win 11

1. Problem waking PC from sleep on Win 11 - Similar Threads - Problem waking sleep

2. Problem waking PC from sleep on Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem waking PC from sleep on Win 11: A few months ago I bought this pre-built PC:https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpowerpc-gamer-supreme-gaming-desktop-amd-ryzen-7-7700-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-rtx-3070-1tb-ssd-white/6533252.p?skuId=6533252For some reason I can't get it to wake from sleep mode. The fans/lights...
  3. Win 11 PC immediately wakes from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 PC immediately wakes from sleep: when selecting sleep as an option or simply letting the pc go to sleep on it's own it will display a black screen then immediately show the login screen.I've made sure to disable wake on LAN in my bios as well as disabled the option to wake the pc from each device in device...
  4. Win 11 PC immediately wakes from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 PC immediately wakes from sleep: when selecting sleep as an option or simply letting the pc go to sleep on it's own it will display a black screen then immediately show the login screen.I've made sure to disable wake on LAN in my bios as well as disabled the option to wake the pc from each device in device...
  5. pc randomly waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc randomly waking from sleep: This HP desktop pc is continually waking when not in use and poser is set to 'sleep'.I do not understand the power setting options: "What do you want the pc to do when you press sleep?""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" shut down"?Isn't it natural that I...
  6. Pc waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pc waking from sleep: So, I have this problem where my pc immediately wakes itself up from sleep. I have done everything like powercfg, power management to disable wake up but nothing works. Powercfg lastwake shows type: fixed feature and source: power button. But, I'm sure it's not happening...
  7. problem waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    problem waking from sleep: Hi Ive recently upgraded from win 10 ver1803 to version 1903 since then i am having issues with the computer not recovering from sleep mode. it tries to wake up, black screen, then it shuts down and restarts. I get event id 41 in event viewer[ATTACH]...
  8. Boot Problem and Wake from Sleep Problem

Boot Problem and Wake from Sleep Problem: Some, but not all, of the time when I boot the machine I get a message stating that overclocking failed. I have never tried to overclock the machine. The temporary fix appears to be to press F1 to configure, do nothing, press F10 to exit, get a message telling me I have...
  9. Waking pc from sleep with the mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Waking pc from sleep with the mouse: Up until yesterday, if my pc was in sleep mode and I wanted to use it, I simply had to click the mouse and it would kick into life. That doesn't happen anymore and I can't seem to get the answer. I thought about doing a system restore but I discovered this morning that the...
  10. Problems waking from sleep state

Problems waking from sleep state: Fresh install of Windows 10 Pro x64 has an issue waking from sleep. Moving mouse/pressing keyboard wakes the computer, and once desktop displays, the mouse and keyboard does not function and ethernet has red X. Mouse is wireless (USB transceiver) and switching USB ports will...