Windows 10: Problem Joining a Domain

Discus and support Problem Joining a Domain in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a new Windows 11 Pro PC...and cannot join my domain. I enter the correct user name and password and domain i even tried domainname.local. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Steven Zats, Dec 23, 2022.

1. Problem Joining a Domain

I have a new Windows 11 Pro PC...and cannot join my domain. I enter the correct user name and password and domain i even tried domainname.local. It then asks for the computer name and computer domain. I have no idea what the computer domain is. I tried my network domain and tried Workgroup...but receive a message that the Active Directory Domain Controller could not be contacted. I can ping the domain server, but cannot join the domain.

:)

Steven Zats, Dec 23, 2022
  2. bdanmo Win User

UnattendedJoin error: failed to find the domain data (0x6e)

Thanks for the suggestion! I don't want to add a domain account, as this is a generic unattended install that will be used for all company machines. Do you think it's possible that the computer would join the domain if, instead of using UnattendedJoin in specialize, I used your steps but left out the specific account?

The other thing I was thinking was to use a generic account to allow the domain join during the specialize step. I added a machine password in the UnattendedJoin component, and instead of getting the error listed above, I got an authentication error, which makes me think I could probably do a secure join instead of the unsecure join.

Thoughts?

bdanmo, Dec 23, 2022
  3. Re-join the domain after upgrade

There is no need to leave the domain, you can perform the upgrade (with Admin privileges).

You can also leave the domain, upgrade with a local account, then join the domain again.

Resources:

Andre Da Costa, Dec 23, 2022
  4. Brink Win User

Problem Joining a Domain

Join Windows 10 PC to a Domain  

@rseiler,

I just finished clean installing Windows 10 Enterprise build 17093 in a VM using a local account, and it still has the same steps in the tutorial for me.

Is your PC already joined to a domain?

Problem Joining a Domain [​IMG]

Brink, Dec 23, 2022
Thema:

Problem Joining a Domain

1. Problem Joining a Domain - Similar Threads - Problem Joining Domain

2. Joining a virtual machine to a domain?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Joining a virtual machine to a domain?: Hi everybody. Long backstory, but I work in IT at a small school system. We need to share a video camera resource with local law enforcement, so we were trying to port forward on our Meraki network to an on-premises machine we have that runs a virtual machine. It's just a...
  3. How to join a Domain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to join a Domain: I am trying to join a domain on a new laptop. When I try to join it, it says, "You cannot join a computer running this edition of Windows 10 to a domain." I have tried a few solutions I found online, but nothing has worked. I am running Windows 11 Home version....
  4. How to join a Domain

How to join a Domain: I am trying to join a domain on a new laptop. When I try to join it, it says, "You cannot join a computer running this edition of Windows 10 to a domain." I have tried a few solutions I found online, but nothing has worked. I am running Windows 11 Home version....
  5. Problem Joining a Domain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem Joining a Domain: I have a new Windows 11 Pro PC...and cannot join my domain. I enter the correct user name and password and domain i even tried domainname.local. It then asks for the computer name and computer domain. I have no idea what the computer domain is. I tried my network domain and...
  6. Cant join domain

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cant join domain: Hello,Someone in my company bought a Surface go 3 but bought it with windows 11 home edition so we cant join it to our domain.I removed it from s mode and tried to enter our pro key multiple activation but it wouldn't accept it. I tried entering the generic key...
  7. Cant join domain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant join domain: Hello,Someone in my company bought a Surface go 3 but bought it with windows 11 home edition so we cant join it to our domain.I removed it from s mode and tried to enter our pro key multiple activation but it wouldn't accept it. I tried entering the generic key...
  8. Cant join domain

9. Joining a Domain

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Joining a Domain: I'm trying to join a domain that resides on my Synology NAS. When trying to join the domain I'm getting the following message: [ATTACH] I've also tried joining the domain using the "Network ID" button and I get the following message: [ATTACH] I'm running Windows 10...
  10. Domain Joining error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Domain Joining error: Hai all I am Sumesh I have a problem for joining to my company domain ,if we trying to join a new win10 PC to domain its showing the below error Our Server is win2008 R2 and this system is win 10 pro 64bit please help me to solve this issu...