Windows 10: Printer - was working fine but now not recognized

Discus and support Printer - was working fine but now not recognized in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've got an old Epson SX130 which has worked fine on Windows 10, without the need to download drivers. Now it's just disappeared, when I want to print... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JonathanLewis6, Nov 1, 2020.

1. Printer - was working fine but now not recognized

I've got an old Epson SX130 which has worked fine on Windows 10, without the need to download drivers.

Now it's just disappeared, when I want to print it's not there. It's still listed on the printer page in control panel, but if I ask to print a test page windows tells me to search for an app in the store, the only one that Epson ever made was for Windows 8.

The scanner still works fine.

I'm not here to get advice on installing drivers or whatever, I'll get around to that. I just want to know what happened. Why is it from one day to the next it just stops working? What have Microsoft done and can I prevent it in future?

On a broader level, why do tech companies seem to make things worse not better? Searching my hard drive was great with Windows 7, now search is much slower while it gives me web results that I didn't ask for. And all these apps that I don't want or need.

:)

JonathanLewis6, Nov 1, 2020

2. Scanner not being recognized by PC after working fine

I went to scan a document I signed and the HP Officejet printer did not recognize the computer. It had just printed said document sans signature from said computer.

I then tried to initiate scan from the computer to the printer. It was unable to recognize the scanner. Even though when I went to devices, there the printer/scanner is listed as ready to print/scan. I am at a loss.

Thankyou in advance for any suggestions.

Fred

FredHammondWW, Nov 1, 2020
  3. How can I get Windows 10 to recognize an Unspecified Device as a Printer?

I have installed a DYMO printer, but it is not listed as a printer but only as an Unspecified Device. How can I get Windows 10 to recognize an Unspecified Device as a Printer? All printer troubleshooting steps require it to be listed as a Printer, and
    all Help solutions assume that it can be recognized as a printer.

Shesabigdork, Nov 1, 2020
  4. Printer - was working fine but now not recognized

Network Printer NOT RECOGNIZED!

Hi Laura,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Is your printer is connected to wired or wireless network?

• Are you able to view your printer on your network location?
    I would suggest you to try running Printer troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the
      Search
      area on the taskbar.

• Click on View all on the left panel of the Troubleshooting Windows.

• Select Printer.

• Follow the on screen instruction.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Nov 1, 2020
Thema:

Printer - was working fine but now not recognized

1. Printer - was working fine but now not recognized - Similar Threads - Printer was working

2. printer that was working now isn't :

in Windows 10 Gaming
    printer that was working now isn't :: I installed a new printer and it worked. I just printed 3 or 4 pages. But today it is not printing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-that-was-working-now-isnt/b9e65e72-0c36-42e0-b3ff-2975158186bb
  3. printer that was working now isn't :

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    printer that was working now isn't :: I installed a new printer and it worked. I just printed 3 or 4 pages. But today it is not printing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-that-was-working-now-isnt/b9e65e72-0c36-42e0-b3ff-2975158186bb
  4. Printer is not working fine pls solve the issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer is not working fine pls solve the issue: Printer is not working fine pls solve the issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-is-not-working-fine-pls-solve-the-issue/8174779b-ad00-4c5f-86b8-0720aca5b864
  5. Printer is not working fine pls solve the issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer is not working fine pls solve the issue: Printer is not working fine pls solve the issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-is-not-working-fine-pls-solve-the-issue/8174779b-ad00-4c5f-86b8-0720aca5b864
  6. Printer is not working fine pls solve the issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Headphones are recognized but no sound is playing, Mic works fine

Headphones are recognized but no sound is playing, Mic works fine: After a recent update, I am unable to use headphones to play sound. It is recognized by my device but I cannot hear a thing. The mic is also working fine. Thank you...
  8. Printer now working

Printer now working: My printer is saying it's offline - it has power and have I have checked the connections and rebooted it a few times. The machine is a Canon MG3650. Can anyone help a non technie please...?...
  9. Printer not recognized

Printer not recognized: How do I install an old printer on a new Windows 10 ThinkPad? The printer is an HP LaserJet 2200. Windows can't find it, even when I tell it to search for an older printer....
  10. Printers working fine until update to 10074

Printers working fine until update to 10074: I had two printers hooked up in wireless mode, a Samsung ML-2525W and a Brother inkjet MFC_J870DW. Both were working fine until the recent update and both dropped off the network. I reinstalled the driver for the Samsung and providing I have it wired to a USB port on the...