Windows 10: Printer driver not available. On install of HP printer and now Brothers printer.

Discus and support Printer driver not available. On install of HP printer and now Brothers printer. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I tried to install HP printer and kept getting "no driver available". After HP Support worked on it for 5 hours and gave up. I sent the printer back to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Marcus Roberts, Jan 7, 2024.

1. Printer driver not available. On install of HP printer and now Brothers printer.

I tried to install HP printer and kept getting "no driver available". After HP Support worked on it for 5 hours and gave up. I sent the printer back to Amazon. I then purchased a Brothers printer and "print driver not available" again. Has anyone had this problem as well?

:)

Marcus Roberts, Jan 7, 2024
  2. keakar Win User

Printer advice

hp printers have the most expensive ink of all printers, the most economical is cannon and epson so i suggest if you looking to keep costs down look at those brands.

that being said it may not have the best print quality if it uses less costly ink.

if keeping cost down is the most important then shop in reverse, find a brand that has cheap replacement ink cartridges then see what printers they are used on. then from that list look to see if you like any of those printers and if they are affordable to you, if not then select another ink cartridge and look at the printers that those are used on. this method will give you the most affordable printer and the cheapest cost of replacement ink.

personally i use the refillable ink cartridges like these: http://www.inkproducts.com/ink-store/catalog/Our-Epson-Refill-Kits-orderby0-p-1-c-4.html

keakar, Jan 7, 2024
  3. Printer with decent driver

I've had a HP PSC1205 printer for a few years and have fought constantly against the absolutely rubbish software that HP supply with it. The hardware's OK but the driver etc is poor.

Can anyone recommend a manufacteurer of printers who have half-decent software developers!! I just want some printer software that works and doesn't conflict/crash!!

EnglishLion, Jan 7, 2024
  4. alucasa Win User

Printer driver not available. On install of HP printer and now Brothers printer.

I loathe printers and HP rant

That old printer on network: the installation progress was like this. I just need to find its IP address on the LAN and Windows asked what kind of printer it was. I found the brand on the list of hardware and selected it. That was all that needed to be done.

As for the Brother printer. Obviously, I needed to let it connect to the wireless network and then it simply showed up on my Win 10 laptop. I didn't need to do anything.

alucasa, Jan 7, 2024
Thema:

Printer driver not available. On install of HP printer and now Brothers printer.

1. Printer driver not available. On install of HP printer and now Brothers printer. - Similar Threads - Printer driver available

2. Printer driver not available. On install of HP printer and now Brothers printer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer driver not available. On install of HP printer and now Brothers printer.: I tried to install HP printer and kept getting "no driver available". After HP Support worked on it for 5 hours and gave up. I sent the printer back to Amazon. I then purchased a Brothers printer and "print driver not available" again. Has anyone had this problem as well?...
  3. Trouble with HP Printer and old printer installs/drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble with HP Printer and old printer installs/drivers: Recently moved houses and moved router but did not change WIFI name or Password. Printer had issues printing so I removed and reinstalled in the HP app and Windows App. Had to do this multiple times to get it to work but now I have multiple instances of the same Printer...
  4. Trouble with HP Printer and old printer installs/drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble with HP Printer and old printer installs/drivers: Recently moved houses and moved router but did not change WIFI name or Password. Printer had issues printing so I removed and reinstalled in the HP app and Windows App. Had to do this multiple times to get it to work but now I have multiple instances of the same Printer...
  5. Brother printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brother printer: I can load my Brother printer software but it will not actually install, why?. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-printer/29dde689-b09c-4cbe-bfb4-acf6c49ac5d1
  6. HP Printer driver not available

HP Printer driver not available: I use 2 different Printer in 2 locations. This time, the message on my computer is that the driver is unavailable. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but still same message. Help!...
  7. Brother Printer

Brother Printer: I cannot get my printer to print anything from my laptop. The internet is unstable, so I have it cabled connected. It copies and work wireless to pint PDFs only. I've removed it and added the device again; still no luck. ugh...
  8. Brother Printer Drivers

Brother Printer Drivers: I upgradewd my Windows 7 to Windows 10 recently. Will my Brothger HL2240 work with Windows 10? Do I need new drivers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-printer-drivers/b3d579c3-2686-4c54-8476-abf0e930e113
  9. HP printer driver not available

HP printer driver not available: Just bought new surface laptop. Tried to install HP printer driver. Works on all other devices in the house but showing "driver not available". Have installed, uninstalled etc. but nothing seems to work/ Any ideas?...
  10. Brother printer, Generic printer driver, Windows 10?

Brother printer, Generic printer driver, Windows 10?: I have an old Brother printer - an HL 5070-N and I recently bought a new computer. In trying to install the printer, I see that my model is missing from the very long list of Brother products provided by the 'Windows Update' during the installation process. I searched the...