Windows 10: Prevent Win+Shift+R from opening Snipping Tool record

Discus and support Prevent Win+Shift+R from opening Snipping Tool record in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Win+Shift+R is the PowerPoint shortcut to pause/resume recording while recording your screen. Recently it started opening Snipping Tool record. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Wes S_l, Oct 12, 2023.

1. Wes S_l Win User

Prevent Win+Shift+R from opening Snipping Tool record

Win+Shift+R is the PowerPoint shortcut to pause/resume recording while recording your screen. Recently it started opening Snipping Tool record. This means that when recording screen with PowerPoint, instead of pausing recording it just opens Snipping Tool and your PowerPoint recording keeps on recording.I have Googled and no one appears to have this problem. I have repaired and reset Snipping Tool. Is there any way to disable the Win+Shift+R shortcut in snipping tool?

:)

Wes S_l, Oct 12, 2023
  2. zeel Win User

Automatically open Snip & Sketch editor after using snipping tool with Win+Shift+S

The new version of the snipping tool in Windows 10 has some nice features, but one big difference between its behavior and that of the old snipping tool is that you can either use the Shift+Win+S command to go directly into snipping mode, which then places the image into the clipboard, or you can open the "Snip & Sketch" from which you must click "new" but the resulting snip will be open in the editor once taken.

In the old tool, you could open it in snipping mode, and then it would open the editor directly once you snip the screen. From there you can annotate and save the file, or copy it to the clipboard.

The new tool does (sometimes) pop up a notification you can click to open the editor, but I have had instances where the notification did not appear, or got lost in a torrent of notifications.

Is there a way to change the behavior such that Shift+Win+S will invoke snipping mode, and the editor will open automatically to allow annotation, cropping, and saving?

Alternatively, a way to open the app directly into "new" mode, or to at the very least save a copy of the snip to some folder so it can be found later? Not every application allows pasting of images, sometimes you need to "Open" them. Or you may want to both paste it and save it.

So far, I haven't been able to find a way to emulate the simplicity of the old workflow - other than simply using the old snipping tool.

3. Gen Test Win User
    Automatically open Snip & Sketch editor after using snipping tool with Win+Shift+S

You can open the Snip & Sketch app directly in "new" mode by right-clicking the app (on either the Start Menu App List, on the pinned tile, or on the Task Bar) and select "Take a new snip" from the Jump List menu.

The Clipboard History feature (October 2018 update) will save and list all items sent to the clipboard, including any snips. These items can then be accessed through Win+V. The hotkey will also take you to the setup for Clipboard History if the feature is not enabled.

As for your other concerns, I am not sure of how to open editor automatically after sniping using the hotkeys. But the following information could be of use.

If you take a snip using Shift+Win+S, the Snip & Sketch App's notification should be accessible at the top of the Action/Notification Center side bar even if there's no pop-up. The Notification Center can be accessed through Win+A or through the Notification icon at the end of the task bar (Windows Tips). Clicking on the Snip & Sketch's notification there will launch the editor with the latest snip.

You could thus use Shift+Win+S for a snip, then Win+A and click on the notification to launch editing.

Gen Test, Oct 12, 2023
  4. Prevent Win+Shift+R from opening Snipping Tool record

How can I make Win-Shift-S automatically open the snip tool?

Hi Oliver,

Check the Notification and Focus Assist settings so that the toast always appears when using Win + Shift + S. Check out items #3 & 4 in this article.

As a workaround, I can write a script for you that opens the latest snip in the Snipping Tool editor.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Oct 12, 2023
Thema:

Prevent Win+Shift+R from opening Snipping Tool record

1. Prevent Win+Shift+R from opening Snipping Tool record - Similar Threads - Prevent Win+Shift+R opening

2. No screen recorder in Snipping tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No screen recorder in Snipping tool: I don't see screen recorder in my snipping tool. I just got my laptop from the IT department and notice that Windows update says you're up to date, however link for "get the latest updates......" is not active.Please help. I use snipping tool a lot, Thanks!KR, Fahim...
  3. Upgraded from win 10 to win 11 and no screen recording in snipping tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgraded from win 10 to win 11 and no screen recording in snipping tool: I am an IT Admin for our agency and our problem is that state government network blocks all users from the Win Apps Store. All of the workstation that have been upgraded from Win 10 to Win 11 snipping tool has no screen recording. The Snipping Tool is version 11.2201.12.0....
  4. Upgraded from win 10 to win 11 and no screen recording in snipping tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgraded from win 10 to win 11 and no screen recording in snipping tool: I am an IT Admin for our agency and our problem is that state government network blocks all users from the Win Apps Store. All of the workstation that have been upgraded from Win 10 to Win 11 snipping tool has no screen recording. The Snipping Tool is version 11.2201.12.0....
  5. Snipping Tool Video Recording

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool Video Recording: Hi I was recording using the snipping tool. For some reason, there is half audio and half no audio in the recording when finished. Can I recover the half part of audio?...
  6. Snipping Tool Video Recording

Snipping Tool Video Recording: Hi I was recording using the snipping tool. For some reason, there is half audio and half no audio in the recording when finished. Can I recover the half part of audio?...
  7. Snipping tool not recording.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping tool not recording.: I'm on the latest version of Windows and so is my "Snipping tool" app. However, I can't use it for recording my screen and it keeps giving me an error message: "Recording stopped Something happened, and we've stopped recording. Wait a bit, then try again. If this continues,...
  8. Snipping tool not recording.

Snipping tool not recording.: I'm on the latest version of Windows and so is my "Snipping tool" app. However, I can't use it for recording my screen and it keeps giving me an error message: "Recording stopped Something happened, and we've stopped recording. Wait a bit, then try again. If this continues,...
  9. Prevent Win+Shift+R from opening Snipping Tool record

Prevent Win+Shift+R from opening Snipping Tool record: Win+Shift+R is the PowerPoint shortcut to pause/resume recording while recording your screen. Recently it started opening Snipping Tool record. This means that when recording screen with PowerPoint, instead of pausing recording it just opens Snipping Tool and your PowerPoint...
  10. Snipping tool shortcut (shift+win+s)

Snipping tool shortcut (shift+win+s): Hello everyone. As mentioned I have a problem with the snipping tool shortcut. To be more precise: It generally seems to work and I get the overlay (white screen and I can cut. However after letting the mouse button go it just disappears and nothing happens. So basically...