Windows 10: Prefetch folder deleted

Discus and support Prefetch folder deleted in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey, i was watching some video about performance boost and i deleted the prefetch folder. Now for a week my laptop is starting slower than it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Gogichko00, May 5, 2020.

1. Prefetch folder deleted

Hey, i was watching some video about performance boost and i deleted the prefetch folder. Now for a week my laptop is starting slower than it was before. I was researching and i found out that deleting this folder causes slower startup (2 minutes or more). Is there any chance that the prefetch folder can be recovered and how long it will take to fill up the folder to startup normally like before?

submitted by /u/Gogichko00
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Gogichko00, May 5, 2020

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Prefetch folder deleted :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Prefetch folder deleted :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, May 5, 2020
  3. Micah Bat Win User
    Delete Unused Prfetch Files

Hi,

To view the prefetch folder, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type in "C:/WINDOWS/Prefetch" without the quotation.

By then, you can now view the list of prefetch on your Windows. You can determine which prefetch to delete by its filename and the date that it has been modified. You can also check its properties for the details of the said prefetch files. To delete it, right-click
    the said prefetch and then, click Delete.

Let us know how it goes.

Micah Bat, May 5, 2020
  4. musek Win User

Prefetch folder deleted

ATI Driver install problems

Hi!

There seems to be a kind of a mess after deletion of your current driver.
    Have you tried step-by-step drivers update procedure including Driver Sweeper, deleting Prefetch and Temp folders, etc?

musek, May 5, 2020
Thema:

Prefetch folder deleted

1. Prefetch folder deleted - Similar Threads - Prefetch folder deleted

2. File eliminati dal prefetch / Files deleted from the prefetch

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File eliminati dal prefetch / Files deleted from the prefetch: Salve, vorrei chiedervi se per caso esiste un metodo, incluso in Windows, per controllare i file recentemente cancellati dal prefetch. Grazie in anticipo. Hi, I would like to ask you if by chance there is a method, included in Windows, to check recently deleted files from...
  3. File eliminati dal prefetch / Files deleted from the prefetch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File eliminati dal prefetch / Files deleted from the prefetch: Salve, vorrei chiedervi se per caso esiste un metodo, incluso in Windows, per controllare i file recentemente cancellati dal prefetch. Grazie in anticipo. Hi, I would like to ask you if by chance there is a method, included in Windows, to check recently deleted files from...
  4. File eliminati dal prefetch / Files deleted from the prefetch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Access to delete the prefetch, %temp% and temp folder for domain users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access to delete the prefetch, %temp% and temp folder for domain users: Hi All,I want to give some non-admin domain users, access to delete the prefetch, %temp% and temp folder for clearing the junk/unnecessary files through the GPO using windows server 2019 or local security policies.How can I do this can anyone help me out here?...
  6. Access to delete the prefetch, %temp% and temp folder for domain users

Access to delete the prefetch, %temp% and temp folder for domain users: Hi All,I want to give some non-admin domain users, access to delete the prefetch, %temp% and temp folder for clearing the junk/unnecessary files through the GPO using windows server 2019 or local security policies.How can I do this can anyone help me out here?...
  7. Auto delete %temp% and prefetch folder contents?

Auto delete %temp% and prefetch folder contents?: When I was deleting the %temp% and prefetch folder contents, I noticed that Windows NEVER deletes temporary folders. I would like an auto %temp% and prefetch folder content deleter in the next update....
  8. Auto delete %temp% and prefetch folder contents?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto delete %temp% and prefetch folder contents?: When I was deleting the %temp% and prefetch folder contents, I noticed that Windows NEVER deletes temporary folders. I would like an auto %temp% and prefetch folder content deleter in the next update....
  9. Auto delete %temp% and prefetch folder contents?

10. can't open the prefetch folder

can't open the prefetch folder: hi there:I cannot open the prefetch . I either have to restart explorer.exe or restart my device. When I restarted my device, I go and delete that . Then, I created a new one and go set it to full control. The issue is: Everytime after I am about to shutdown my device and go...