Windows 10: PowerToys - Need help for Uninstall/Reinstall

Discus and support PowerToys - Need help for Uninstall/Reinstall in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My install for PowerToys got messed up somehow. I can't use it, and I cannot uninstall it to reinstall it. I currently have release v0.51.1. I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Aiken4Moore, Mar 16, 2022.

1. PowerToys - Need help for Uninstall/Reinstall

My install for PowerToys got messed up somehow. I can't use it, and I cannot uninstall it to reinstall it. I currently have release v0.51.1. I am trying to install release v0.56.2. When I try to do that, I get a message saying that PowerToysSetup-0.49.1-x64.msi cannot be found. All the install files for PowerToys are in the following folder on my PC:C:\Users\Aiken\AppData\Local\Microsoft\PowerToys\UpdatesBUT --- the .msi file for that release is not there. I cannot find it anywhere, so I don't know what happened to it. I downloaded a copy of that older release and tried to install it, but I re

:)

Aiken4Moore, Mar 16, 2022

2. powertoys for win10

Hi fpefpe, I am Rob, an independent and a 14 time and dual award MVP specializing in Windows troubleshooting and Bluescreen analysis. Please remember as independents we are not responsible for the development of Windows or the computer hardware and drivers.
    If you will work with me I will be here to help until the issue is resolved.

PowerToys is now available at Microsoft's GitHub

GitHub - PowerToys

https://github.com/microsoft/PowerToys/tree/b4f...

GitHub - microsoft/PowerToys: Windows system utilities to maximize productivity

Releases · microsoft/PowerToys

Though not officially supported you will find experienced users on Microsoft's TechNet Forums.

TechNet - Windows 10 - General

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-...

Here to help

Rob

moe ee ee e

------

Standard Disclaimer: Those may be non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research
    any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Please let us know the results and if you need further assistance. Feedback definitely helps us help all.

Rob B. - MVP, Mar 16, 2022
  3. PowerToys update problems

Hello @clayto,

Yes, this all seems to have got out of control.

Deleting software folders and files directly is NOT a good idea. Most [ NOT all though ] have their own built-in uninstallers. Revo Uninstaller [ I have used it for years ] is excellent at uninstalling software. It first allows the built-in software to run its own uninstaller, and then Revo Uninstaller scans for leftover files which can be deleted.

[1] Have you got a System Image prior to the installation of PowerToys that you could Restore back to?
    [2] Is this having an impact on the running and performance of the OS?

I would suggest an In-Place-Upgrade, but I don't think that will really help.

I hope this helps.

Paul Black, Mar 16, 2022
  4. Callender Win User

PowerToys - Need help for Uninstall/Reinstall

Callender, Mar 16, 2022
Thema:

PowerToys - Need help for Uninstall/Reinstall

1. PowerToys - Need help for Uninstall/Reinstall - Similar Threads - PowerToys Need help

2. Cannot reinstall PowerToys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot reinstall PowerToys: I run Windows 10 Pro on a Dell laptop. I had to uninstall Power Toys; I went so far as to delete all the Power Toys files on my system. I tried downloading the GitHub installer, but when I ran it, I got a message that PowerToys was already installed. It does not appear in my...
  3. Cannot reinstall PowerToys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot reinstall PowerToys: I run Windows 10 Pro on a Dell laptop. I had to uninstall Power Toys; I went so far as to delete all the Power Toys files on my system. I tried downloading the GitHub installer, but when I ran it, I got a message that PowerToys was already installed. It does not appear in my...
  4. Cannot reinstall PowerToys

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Need help uninstalling drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help uninstalling drivers: Was talking with Greg Carmack; can't get back in touch. Trying to load drivers in my Canon printer to accommodate Win 11 home. Instructions were to uninstall drivers and do a clean install? Difficulties in uninstalling drivers! I can't get through to solve my problem of not...
  6. PowerToys - Need help for Uninstall/Reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PowerToys - Need help for Uninstall/Reinstall: My install for PowerToys got messed up somehow. I can't use it, and I cannot uninstall it to reinstall it. I currently have release v0.51.1. I am trying to install release v0.56.2. When I try to do that, I get a message saying that PowerToysSetup-0.49.1-x64.msi cannot be...
  7. PowerToys - Need help for Uninstall/Reinstall

PowerToys - Need help for Uninstall/Reinstall: My install for PowerToys got messed up somehow. I can't use it, and I cannot uninstall it to reinstall it. I currently have release v0.51.1. I am trying to install release v0.56.2. When I try to do that, I get a message saying that PowerToysSetup-0.49.1-x64.msi cannot be...
  8. Can't uninstall powertoys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't uninstall powertoys: I can uninstall the software but for some strange reason, it just pops back meaning it gets reinstalled upon a system restart after I uninstall it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-uninstall-powertoys/34fe9645-b452-4c00-a920-f25ecef9aba6
  9. Can't uninstall powertoys

Can't uninstall powertoys: I can uninstall the software but for some strange reason, it just pops back meaning it gets reinstalled upon a system restart after I uninstall it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-uninstall-powertoys/34fe9645-b452-4c00-a920-f25ecef9aba6
  10. Need Help to Uninstall Windows 10 and reinstall windows 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need Help to Uninstall Windows 10 and reinstall windows 7: I've tried to work with the windows 10 upgrade for couple of years now but find that my system is getting slower and slower no matter how much I remove/clean out in attempts to clear space. So I've decided that I just need to go back to Windows 7 because it is taking too...