Windows 10: Powershell access is denied.

Discus and support Powershell access is denied. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I have a Windows 10 Pro OS computer. When launching Powershell, I get Encountered a problem reading the registry. Cannot open registry key... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by LuisMtzPL, Jul 16, 2024.

1. LuisMtzPL Win User

Powershell access is denied.

Hi, I have a Windows 10 Pro OS computer. When launching Powershell, I get Encountered a problem reading the registry. Cannot open registry key SOFTWARE\Microsoft\PowerShell\3\PowerShellEngine. System error: Access is denied.If I run powershell -version 2.0, I do enter powershell. But I can't launch powershell from the Windows icon or typing powershell I get the described error.My goal is to make sure I have powershell 5.x, but I can't get beyond the Access is denied error.

:)

LuisMtzPL, Jul 16, 2024
  2. jack63ss Win User

LAPTOP is not accessible ..... Access is denied.

I am trying to share a folder on a LAPTOP. I have other a number of other systems that have folders Shared and they work fine, but with this one I get the error "LAPTOP is not accessible ..... Access is denied." when I try to access it from a different Win10 system. So I went thru the entire "How to Share Files and Folders Over a Network in Windows 10" tutorial step by step. File and Print Sharing is enabled, SMB1.0 client & server are running, and Everyone has Full Access to the Share. Still get the error. I have tried it with the Network Public and Private, with the same result. Any suggestions ? Microsoft Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042

jack63ss, Jul 16, 2024
  3. EsMj Win User
    Change Folder Destination access Denied

Thanks.

After following the steps suggested, I get the message "Access denied" in command prompt.

Please advise how to allow permission.

4. Yolvi Ell Win User

net user administrator /active:no keeps saying access denied.

Hi Rebekah,

It's possible that you're not using an elevated command prompt, causing the Access Denied error. We suggest following these steps to properly disable the built-in administrator account:

• Right-click the Start button.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste net user Administrator /active:no and press
      Enter
      . If the command isn't successful, please post a screenshot so that we can study it further.

Let us know if you're able to hide the administrator account after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Jul 16, 2024
Thema:

1. Powershell access is denied. - Similar Threads - Powershell access denied

2. Powershell access is denied.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Powershell access is denied.: Hi, I have a Windows 10 Pro OS computer. When launching Powershell, I get Encountered a problem reading the registry. Cannot open registry key SOFTWARE\Microsoft\PowerShell\3\PowerShellEngine. System error: Access is denied.If I run powershell -version 2.0, I do enter...
  3. Powershell access is denied.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Powershell access is denied.: Hi, I have a Windows 10 Pro OS computer. When launching Powershell, I get Encountered a problem reading the registry. Cannot open registry key SOFTWARE\Microsoft\PowerShell\3\PowerShellEngine. System error: Access is denied.If I run powershell -version 2.0, I do enter...
  4. Access Denied In PowerShell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access Denied In PowerShell: HelloI am New TO PowerShellI am Doing a script to disable some services in windowsI DID IT But NOT all of them Disabled Some OF them Won't Disable....This is the commend to understand me$Services = @ "ClipSVC" "wscsvc" foreach $Service in $Services { Stop-Service $Service...
  5. Access Denied In PowerShell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access Denied In PowerShell: HelloI am New TO PowerShellI am Doing a script to disable some services in windowsI DID IT But NOT all of them Disabled Some OF them Won't Disable....This is the commend to understand me$Services = @ "ClipSVC" "wscsvc" foreach $Service in $Services { Stop-Service $Service...
  6. Access Denied In PowerShell

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. PowerShell Get-Appxpackage Access Denied, Not recognized or Not working

in Windows 10 News
    PowerShell Get-Appxpackage Access Denied, Not recognized or Not working: [ATTACH]Get-Appxpackage is a PowerShell command that can display a list of the app packages that are installed in a user profile. It includes all the applications that are installed from the Microsoft Store or third-party apps. When using the command, if you receive an error—...
  8. Access Denied when installing a driver from Powershell

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Access Denied when installing a driver from Powershell: Recently in my notebook that have been reinstalled with Windows 10 Home Single Language, when i want to connect to a network using wireless network, is seems to be disappear. i have downloaded the driver but it's not an exe file but it's a bat file. there's an instruction...
  9. Access Denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access Denied: Until a week or so ago I was able to go to the Argos website, but now I am refused with an Access Denied message. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-denied/ca707c4d-a849-4099-8df1-dbd15ebbeb6d
  10. Access Denied while clearing Event Viewer error in Powershell

in Windows 10 Support
    Access Denied while clearing Event Viewer error in Powershell: I am trying to cleat all the events in my event viewer as I had so many errors in the past 7 days. I opened powershell & ran as administrator & use this command wevtutil el | Foreach-Object {wevtutil cl “$_”} & I had some access denied errors. PS C:\Windows\system32>...