Windows 10: Powering off on its own

Discus and support Powering off on its own in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a work computer that is a laptop. That is connected into 2 monitors. My previous work computer had the same setup. However, this one now turns... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Melody Berry, Aug 29, 2023.

1. Powering off on its own

I have a work computer that is a laptop. That is connected into 2 monitors. My previous work computer had the same setup. However, this one now turns off by itself overnight and I have to get on the laptop to actually start my system again. How can I avoid this? Where do I go to change that type of setting? So it doesn't log me out unless I manually do it myself.

:)

Melody Berry, Aug 29, 2023
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Aug 29, 2023
  3. John Fer Win User
    Power plan?

Upon checking, it seems that there's nothing wrong with your system. It is usual that you have to double-click your mouse before your monitor wakes up.

For the meantime, we suggest changing the power plan by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + S.
    • Type in Power Settings.
    • On the pop-up window, choose Additional power settings.
    • Select High performance.

After changing the power plan, we suggest that you monitor the changes made and check if that will work for you.

Get back to us if you need further help.

John Fer, Aug 29, 2023
  4. Powering off on its own

Lost Power, now PC won't boot. Powers on and clicks.

I had tried both of those steps. Neither worked. I have a replacement power supply on order. Should be here on Monday. Thanks for the suggestions.

musiclover7, Aug 29, 2023
Thema:

Powering off on its own

1. Powering off on its own - Similar Threads - Powering off own

2. Laptop turning off on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop turning off on its own: My laptop is been turning off while using it, today its been like 5 times already where im working as usual on my laptop and it suddenly turned off in the middle of me using it. I tried checking if its a software update problem but it shows i have the latest version, please...
  3. Laptop turning off on its own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop turning off on its own: My laptop is been turning off while using it, today its been like 5 times already where im working as usual on my laptop and it suddenly turned off in the middle of me using it. I tried checking if its a software update problem but it shows i have the latest version, please...
  4. Powering off on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powering off on its own: I have a work computer that is a laptop. That is connected into 2 monitors. My previous work computer had the same setup. However, this one now turns off by itself overnight and I have to get on the laptop to actually start my system again. How can I avoid this? Where do I go...
  5. Powering off on its own

Powering off on its own: I have a work computer that is a laptop. That is connected into 2 monitors. My previous work computer had the same setup. However, this one now turns off by itself overnight and I have to get on the laptop to actually start my system again. How can I avoid this? Where do I go...
  6. PC turns off and on on its own

PC turns off and on on its own: My PC has had this problem for a while. It happens to shut down without any prior warning or struggles, and turns right back on as if i had manually restarted it. For example, today, i was browsing the internet, and then, out of the blue, my screen and case LEDs went dark for...
  7. PC turns off and on on its own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC turns off and on on its own: My PC has had this problem for a while. It happens to shut down without any prior warning or struggles, and turns right back on as if i had manually restarted it. For example, today, i was browsing the internet, and then, out of the blue, my screen and case LEDs went dark for...
  8. pc turning off on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc turning off on its own: hello my pc turned off on his own ,when i turned it on again crashed again,then i turned it on again but this time i waited for all the startup application to open i turned off blitz"software for a game "and discord and then i try to open the game i played "lol or league of...
  9. My Laptop Powers off on its own.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Laptop Powers off on its own.: My laptop appears to be powering off on it's own. I will try to load up something and it will run for a good 10-15 minutes then all of a sudden it will just shut off. Please help me fix this issue so I dont have to buy another one....
  10. Camera is turning on and off on its own

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera is turning on and off on its own: Something it is happening with my camera. It starts turning on or off on its own, without any interference on my side. What kind of issue it is? I have Acer Predator Helios and Windows 10. Thank you...