Windows 10: Power off and task manager don't work

Discus and support Power off and task manager don't work in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I'm experiencing some trouble with my surface book 2. When i press the Windows button and try to turn off the computer, all the usual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by RiccardoMorgan, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Power off and task manager don't work

Hi everyone, I'm experiencing some trouble with my surface book 2.

When i press the Windows button and try to turn off the computer, all the usual buttons turn off,reboot,etc... are not there. Instead there is a sentence saying "Power saving options are not available at the moment" I translated from italian, the english sentence could use different words.

The only way in can turn off my computer is by pressing the general power button next to the volume.

In addition to this, if i press ctrl+alt+del all the usual functions disappear. if i try to open the task manager from the pc, an error message appears, saying "task manager has been disabled by your administrator" which makes no sense, since i am the administrator.

I have just run a complete antivirus scan and everything seems ok with that.

Does anyone have had similar problems??

Thank you!

[Moved from It-It to En-Us]

:)

RiccardoMorgan, Jun 8, 2020
  2. JDivineŠ Win User

stuff that don`t work

The problem with the messed up keyboard is now ok, I can write normally.

But, the problem with non working pin and unpin from task bar, the right mouse click don`t work on it at all - still stays, as well as non working New notifications - I click and nothing happens. Can you fix that all?

JDivineŠ, Jun 8, 2020
  3. bruce1943 Win User
    Task Manager not working

Topguncp - I went into Admin Command prompt and followed your three steps which fixed the problem Task Manager now working. Thanks for your assistance. Cheers Power off and task manager don't work :)

bruce1943, Jun 8, 2020
  4. armym3 Win User

Power off and task manager don't work

WarRock 3D Detection don´t works

Hello Guys,

i had a problem with my Card. The card didn´t wanted to change in 3D Modus. Ok now i removed the other 2 Pins and now it runs in 3D Modus in 3DMark06 too. The Card is a HD 2900GT. But my Game WarRock don´t runs in 3D Modus. Is there a List where i can start the game in 3D Manual? Because in Automatic it don´t want start because the Card don´t see that it is an 3D Game. Can someone help me?

armym3, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

Power off and task manager don't work

1. Power off and task manager don't work - Similar Threads - Power off task

2. Steam games don't work, task manager freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steam games don't work, task manager freezes: I just bought and built a new PC and I am having some problems. I can open steam but when I try to run any games it launches and immediately freezes. I'll close the game with task manager but then it will stop responding and steam will say its still running. Then the Discord...
  3. Steam games don't work, task manager freezes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Steam games don't work, task manager freezes: I just bought and built a new PC and I am having some problems. I can open steam but when I try to run any games it launches and immediately freezes. I'll close the game with task manager but then it will stop responding and steam will say its still running. Then the Discord...
  4. Task manager doesn't work and icons don't show up

Task manager doesn't work and icons don't show up: A few months ago, my laptop's HP ENVY x360 Convertible, Model No. 15-dr1000nx desktop and taskbar icons suddenly disappeared and soon after that, I found out that Task Manager had also stopped working. I also noticed that applications that are pre-installed or installed from...
  5. Task manager doesn't work and icons don't show up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task manager doesn't work and icons don't show up: A few months ago, my laptop's HP ENVY x360 Convertible, Model No. 15-dr1000nx desktop and taskbar icons suddenly disappeared and soon after that, I found out that Task Manager had also stopped working. I also noticed that applications that are pre-installed or installed from...
  6. Task manager doesn't work and icons don't show up

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Task manager doesn't work and icons don't show up

8. Camera and Wifi don't work anymore : usb power management ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera and Wifi don't work anymore : usb power management ?: Hi everyone !Sorry for my english, i'm not a english-speaker.I'm a owner of Asus UX450FDX.Before having updated my pc, i had changed some option because my camera didn't work. I desactivated the option "allow the computer to turn off this device". And the camera worked well...
  9. Camera and Wifi don't work anymore : usb power management ?

Camera and Wifi don't work anymore : usb power management ?: Hi everyone !Sorry for my english, i'm not a english-speaker.I'm a owner of Asus UX450FDX.Before having updated my pc, i had changed some option because my camera didn't work. I desactivated the option "allow the computer to turn off this device". And the camera worked well...
  10. Task Manager not working

Task Manager not working: When I right click start window and then click Task Manager I receive the following response: "C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WinX\Group2\5 - Task Manager.lnk This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a...