Windows 10: Post MDT image error on Windows welcome screen

Discus and support Post MDT image error on Windows welcome screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello,I have just completed my first build on MDT for Windows 10 Education and was able to successfully install all of my apps and Windows updates... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JSC_1980, Jan 25, 2024.

1. JSC_1980 Win User

Post MDT image error on Windows welcome screen

Hello,I have just completed my first build on MDT for Windows 10 Education and was able to successfully install all of my apps and Windows updates during the task sequence. Everything looks ok after the process completes and the client reboots and I sign in as the local administrator.However, as soon as I attempt to sign into the machine with a domain user account, I get hit with the following error during the "Welcome" splash screen:"certutil.exe system error the code execution cannot proceed because msvcr100.dll was not found. reinstalling the program may fix this problem."I have to click t

:)

JSC_1980, Jan 25, 2024
  2. Kari Win User

Windows Updates reinstalled by MDT ?

Sorry for a delayed reply.

You are not doing anything wrong. I would not bother to update image before deploying it because, as you noticed, MDT will do it in any case.

3. Nikhar_K Win User
    MDT install application with the credentials for connecting to network shares

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your query regarding Microsoft Development Kit.

However, we do have a dedicated forum for issues related to Microsoft Development Kit, let me point you in the right direction. I would suggest you to post your query in
    TechNet forums, where we have support professionals with expertise on Microsoft Development
    Kit to assist you with the appropriate details.

Below are few articles that might be helpful for you:

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 25, 2024
  4. ws2000 Win User

Windows Updates reinstalled by MDT ?

Hello

I have a Windows 10 1607 hyper-v reference image I update with all Windows updates prior to capturing and deploying. I recently noticed that when MDT gets to the Windows update step it is reinstalling many if the same updates I had already added to the image. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

ws2000, Jan 25, 2024
Thema:

1. Post MDT image error on Windows welcome screen - Similar Threads - Post MDT image

2. Post MDT image error on Windows welcome screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Post MDT image error on Windows welcome screen: Hello,I have just completed my first build on MDT for Windows 10 Education and was able to successfully install all of my apps and Windows updates during the task sequence. Everything looks ok after the process completes and the client reboots and I sign in as the local...
  3. Post MDT image error on Windows welcome screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Post MDT image error on Windows welcome screen: Hello,I have just completed my first build on MDT for Windows 10 Education and was able to successfully install all of my apps and Windows updates during the task sequence. Everything looks ok after the process completes and the client reboots and I sign in as the local...
  4. Error Dism Error 0x800f081e - the specified package is not applicable to this image in MDT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Dism Error 0x800f081e - the specified package is not applicable to this image in MDT: Hi, Recently I want to do a deploy language pack For Example: he-IL Or de-DE and also en-US to MDT,And I encounter this error 0x800f081e when i click "Update Deployment Share"The version is Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Or Enterprise. I'm looking for language pack .cab file suitable...
  5. microsoft deployment tool MDT capture image error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    microsoft deployment tool MDT capture image error: PASTEBIN2022-03-01 15:52:35, Info SYSPRP ============================== - Pastebin.com2022-03-01 15:52:35, Info SYSPRP ======================================================== 2022-03-01 15:52:35, Info SYSPRP === Beginning of a new sysprep run === 2022-03-01 15:52:35, Info...
  6. microsoft deployment tool MDT capture image error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft deployment tool MDT capture image error: PASTEBIN2022-03-01 15:52:35, Info SYSPRP ============================== - Pastebin.com2022-03-01 15:52:35, Info SYSPRP ======================================================== 2022-03-01 15:52:35, Info SYSPRP === Beginning of a new sysprep run === 2022-03-01 15:52:35, Info...
  7. microsoft deployment tool MDT capture image error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Capture Client Image with MDT

Capture Client Image with MDT: I have just been introduce to Microsoft Deployment toolkit MDT. The school I worked in had just acquire 150 laptops and instead of configuring each one individually, I was thinking , it would be more efficient to configure one and create an image and then copy that image to...
  9. Welcome Screen Background Image Gone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Welcome Screen Background Image Gone: I just updated to 1607 and that changed everything. One of the things I tried to do was remove the welcome screen. All that ended up doing was removing the background picture, and replacing it with a solid color. [img] This is what it used to look like. I use auto...
  10. Dual Account Image's On Welcome Screen

Dual Account Image's On Welcome Screen: Hi, This is my second time of installing tech. preview build #9926, this time I installed it correctly (on a newly created partition on my hard drive). The first time I installed it I had the same issue that I'm having now..but as I'm a senior citizen (and glad to be one)..I...