Windows 10: Possible powershell malware

Discus and support Possible powershell malware in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Split from this thread. Thanks. All is good in the Fixlog. If there's nothing further you can delete Farabar and the C:\FRST folder.Best of luck!I've... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by KROZER, May 17, 2024.

1. KROZER Win User

Possible powershell malware

Split from this thread. Thanks. All is good in the Fixlog. If there's nothing further you can delete Farabar and the C:\FRST folder.Best of luck!I've been having the same issue for some time now. I thought nothing of powershell opening and flashing but it's become a hassle now and it's a bit annoying, do you mind making a fixlist for me as well?Here's the link to the txt files FRST made: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1sREob01AZzN0ZWVz8fxSR9ZWjApITeHz?usp=sharing

:)

KROZER, May 17, 2024
  2. Mark Isi Win User

PowerShell randomly poping-up in tool bar

Hello,

Just to verify, do you have any scheduled tasks that uses Powershell? Scheduled tasks makes Powershell window appear periodically on your computer, therefore we suggest that you check the Task Scheduler. Here are the steps:

• Click on Start.
    • In the search bar, type Task Scheduler and click on

Task Scheduler
      in the results.
    • Under Active Tasks, check for any tasks that use Powershell and the scheduled time.

If the issue still persist, we suggest that you run a Windows Defender scan to see if it will pick up any malware that the first scan missed.

Let us know the outcome.

Mark Isi, May 17, 2024
  3. Boatvan Win User
    Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, May 17, 2024
  4. Kursah Win User

PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, May 17, 2024
Thema:

1. Possible powershell malware - Similar Threads - Possible powershell malware

2. Possible powershell malware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possible powershell malware: Split from this thread. I've been having the same issue for some time now. I thought nothing of powershell opening and flashing but it's become a hassle now and it's a bit annoying, do you mind making a fixlist for me as well?Here's the link to the txt files FRST made:...
  3. Possible powershell malware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Possible powershell malware: Split from this thread. I've been having the same issue for some time now. I thought nothing of powershell opening and flashing but it's become a hassle now and it's a bit annoying, do you mind making a fixlist for me as well?Here's the link to the txt files FRST made:...
  4. Powershell malware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powershell malware: One week ago. i had a powershell pop up and disappears within moments and takes 2gb ram usage malware for sure. i had nod32 app to clean my C:/ drive and now the powershell pops up and disappears but nothing on task manager all safe but this keep happening so i ran autoruns64...
  5. Powershell malware

Powershell malware: One week ago. i had a powershell pop up and disappears within moments and takes 2gb ram usage malware for sure. i had nod32 app to clean my C:/ drive and now the powershell pops up and disappears but nothing on task manager all safe but this keep happening so i ran autoruns64...
  6. Powershell malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Possible Malware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possible Malware: Recently a computer vendor installed a MS WINDOWS 11 and since then, my PC isn't under my control. It feels like someone else is also using it. After it was installed Microsoft Defender is not accessible/ not available. And there's a strange folder in one of my local disks....
  8. Possible Malware

Possible Malware: I was trying to enable Core Isolation on my Windows 11 machine. I get an error about incompatible drivers. When I check, its a file named toupcam.sys.I checked it with Defender, it says no threat was found.I checked it on virus total and it flagged it as malicious, by a...
  9. Possible malware?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possible malware?: So I don't really know anything but I think there might be a malware in this computer that windows defender cannot detect.My drivers work perfectly fine but today they were kind of off and glitchy. And then I got a warning and shut off the driver. After a while it turned on ,...
  10. Possible malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Possible malware: Hello, I am completely freaking out and was hoping for some expert advice. I was going to download something from the internet through mega, but without realising it I was redirected to another site which made me download an exe file not my best day. As I proceed and thought...