Windows 10: PLEX - stop transcoding for 6CH HEVC H265 video 1080p

Discus and support PLEX - stop transcoding for 6CH HEVC H265 video 1080p in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there Using Plex for 1080p with 6Ch and codec HEVC H265 transcoding always seems to take place and video pauses frequently even on megafast... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jimbo45, Oct 7, 2016.

1. jimbo45 Win User

PLEX - stop transcoding for 6CH HEVC H265 video 1080p

Hi there

Using Plex for 1080p with 6Ch and codec HEVC H265 transcoding always seems to take place and video pauses frequently even on megafast Network connection.

If I drop the audio to 2CH then it works fine seems PLEX has problem with the AUDIO rather than the video codec --strange though.

It all works at 720p whatever audio but I do prefer the full 1080p on decent TV's.

Is there any way to either "Pre-transcode in advance" or fix the audio problem -- 2Ch is OK but full 6 Ch is great for some movies.
    Using HEVC H265 saves HUGE amounts of disk space at 1080p and will be even better for 4K UHD TV too.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Oct 7, 2016
  2. DaveM121 Win User

How can I get HEVC to play on Windows 10

Hi GoPro, with 5KPlayer you will be able to view the H265 video only . . .

There is software available on the web that allows you to transcode H265 back to H264 (p4, avi . .etc.), just google 'Convert H265 to mp4' or 'Convert HEVC to mp4'

In fact I thiink that codec has been recently added to the excellent and free FormtFactory V4.2 . . .

http://www.pcfreetime.com/formatfactory/index.p...

DaveM121, Oct 7, 2016
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    How can I get HEVC to play on Windows 10

Hi GoPro, Windows does not support H265 (HEVC) yet, there are a few free video players available on the Web

Simply Google the free 5KPlayer or 'Free video player for HEVC' or 'Free video player for H265'

DaveM121, Oct 7, 2016
  4. PLEX - stop transcoding for 6CH HEVC H265 video 1080p

You can Pre-Transcode (not sure how it deals with Audio)

Go to the Movie details page
    Click the 3 little dots at the bottom left and select Optimize
    Selecting the Custom option on next pop up gives more control over how you want it

HTH

You can create numerous different versions and then the device will select the best to play, they do get stored in the same folder as original, make sure you have lots of spce

paulsalter, Oct 7, 2016
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

thanks
    that did the trick.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Oct 8, 2016
  6. Good to hear it worked *Smile

I use this when i get recordings from the TV, auto convert from .ts files so they can be played on more devices

paulsalter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

PLEX - stop transcoding for 6CH HEVC H265 video 1080p

1. PLEX - stop transcoding for 6CH HEVC H265 video 1080p - Similar Threads - PLEX stop transcoding

2. HEVC/H265 videos are no longer showing thumbnails, perhaps starting after installing the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HEVC/H265 videos are no longer showing thumbnails, perhaps starting after installing the...: Title pretty much explains everything. My .mp4 videos shot in HEVC/H265 in HDR10+ used to show thumbnails, but I noticed a few days ago that they stopped showing them. I've deleted the thumbnail cache to try to regenerate the thumbnails, but it didn't work. I've downloaded...
  3. HEVC/H265 videos are no longer showing thumbnails, perhaps starting after installing the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HEVC/H265 videos are no longer showing thumbnails, perhaps starting after installing the...: Title pretty much explains everything. My .mp4 videos shot in HEVC/H265 in HDR10+ used to show thumbnails, but I noticed a few days ago that they stopped showing them. I've deleted the thumbnail cache to try to regenerate the thumbnails, but it didn't work. I've downloaded...
  4. Windows 11 HEVC/H265 problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 HEVC/H265 problems: I'm unable to load any H265 videos into RaceRender on Windows 11. This includes videos from any source, such as GoPro, https://test-videos.co.uk/bigbuckbunny/mp4-h265, or videos converted to H265 with ffmpeg. I get the error message shown below. The problem does not happen on...
  5. Windows 11 HEVC/H265 problems

Windows 11 HEVC/H265 problems: I'm unable to load any H265 videos into RaceRender on Windows 11. This includes videos from any source, such as GoPro, https://test-videos.co.uk/bigbuckbunny/mp4-h265, or videos converted to H265 with ffmpeg. I get the error message shown below. The problem does not happen on...
  6. microsoft converter HEVC to H265.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft converter HEVC to H265.: Hi, I am very new to torrenting so forgive my ignorance. I search for a particular title but often only HEVC format is available. I have downloaded the movies with Qbittorrent and VLC. I load the movies onto my USB and connect it to my tv. Up comes a message that HEVC format...
  7. microsoft converter HEVC to H265.

microsoft converter HEVC to H265.: Hi, I am very new to torrenting so forgive my ignorance. I search for a particular title but often only HEVC format is available. I have downloaded the movies with Qbittorrent and VLC. I load the movies onto my USB and connect it to my tv. Up comes a message that HEVC format...
  8. Sudden HEVC / H265 failure with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sudden HEVC / H265 failure with Windows 10: My 2016 production Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 computer suddenly stopped playing HEVC videos properly. I need this feature in my computer because of my work and entertainment purposes other that it should just work. It presented this behavior about two weeks ago. Before...
  9. Microsoft Photos fails to load HEVC H265 input files into video editor.

Microsoft Photos fails to load HEVC H265 input files into video editor.: When attempting to import HEVC files into the video editor I recieve the error "These files have properties that could not be read so we couldent add them". I have installed the HEVC codec extension from the microsoft store but this has not resolved the issue. I have also...
  10. MP4/MKV H264 Video to HEVC H265 fast converter ??

MP4/MKV H264 Video to HEVC H265 fast converter ??: Hi folks I've a number of videos that I want to convert to H.265 HEVC - the converter I've got is far too slow for this to be even remotely feasible -- Source videos are H.264 MKV. Converter using is Wondershare Video converter which does the job for converting things like...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stop plex transcoding mp4 to h264 chromecast