Windows 10: “Please insert external storage media and press ok” error. Helppp!!!

Discus and support “Please insert external storage media and press ok” error. Helppp!!! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Help, l was trying to update my Lenovo laptop and an error suddenly popped up saying “ please insert external storage media and press ok”.I’ve been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sg1071, Jun 16, 2020.

1. /u/sg1071 Win User

“Please insert external storage media and press ok” error. Helppp!!!

Help, l was trying to update my Lenovo laptop and an error suddenly popped up saying “ please insert external storage media and press ok”.I’ve been searching in the internet on how to do it and I’m confused, frustrated and tired cause it’s 2:10am right now. Can someone help me!!! I’m using a USB as the external storage btw

I’ve repeatedly restarted the laptop, pressed the ok button while the USB is connected, bios setting. Boot mode.

submitted by /u/sg1071
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sg1071, Jun 16, 2020
  2. xTSx Win User

Error: Please Insert The External Storage Media And Press Ok

My computer, HP 14-an013nr, said to do the Windows 10 update, but the storage was full so it suggested an external storage device... The problem is that now after using a usp drive and following the steps it is unable to reinstall the previous version. I've
    tried this multiple times and even when it says "Restoring the previous version of windows" it always comes back to the "error please insert the external storage media and press ok" message. I can no longer use the computer. It will do NOTHING. It won't restore
    the previous version of windows and only shows a black screen with the error message. Is there a way to save the thing or is it lost?

3. xTSx Win User
    error please insert the external storage media and press ok

When opening my computer (HP 14-an013nr, I think) it said to do the Windows 10 update, but the storage was full so it suggested an external storage device...so I bought a usb flash drive. Now after waiting forever, the update failed (not a shocker as this
    is the second time trying). The problem is that now it is unable to reinstall the previous version. I've tried this multiple times and even when it says "Restoring the previous version of windows" it always comes back to the "error please insert the external
    storage media and press ok" message. This whole thing has been strange from the start. Like how an unused laptop could suddenly lack storage space for a forced update.

Edit: Thank you for the replys! But, I think the point was missed...The problem is that I can no longer use the computer. It will do NOTHING. It won't restore the previous version of windows and only shows a black screen with the error message. Is there
    a way to save the thing or is it lost?

4. “Please insert external storage media and press ok” error. Helppp!!!

Windows not loading after update failed. Showing message "error please insert the external storage media and press ok"

Since the storage was limited in my RDP Thinbook laptop, Windows
    suggested to use an external device for windows 10 update. So I
    used my 32 GB usb flash drive. The update started and it was literally not moving. After waiting for some 6 hours it showed a message that “external storage device error”, so I removed flash drive
    and then a message came "error please insert the external storage media and press ok". So I put back flash drive and then that message will go and screen remains again blank with the mouse pointer all alone. I tried to
    restart but same message comes "error please insert the external storage media and press ok". Now I cant either use my previous version of windows nor the new one. I cant access my computer. Is there any solution that
    you can suggest?

Harikrishnan K, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

“Please insert external storage media and press ok” error. Helppp!!!

1. “Please insert external storage media and press ok” error. Helppp!!! - Similar Threads - “Please insert external

2. Error: X Please insert the external storage media and press OK

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error: X Please insert the external storage media and press OK: I have a ACER Aspire 1 Laptop. I’ve tried pressing ok multiple times but it would just result in to a loop with a ACER loading screen. I can’t get out of it and I have no I idea what to do....
  3. Error: X Please insert the external storage media and press OK

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error: X Please insert the external storage media and press OK: I have a ACER Aspire 1 Laptop. I’ve tried pressing ok multiple times but it would just result in to a loop with a ACER loading screen. I can’t get out of it and I have no I idea what to do....
  4. Error: X Please insert the external storage media and press OK

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Please insert the external storage media and press ok

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please insert the external storage media and press ok: Hi I just upgraded my windows 7 to 10 but when I restart my laptop it shows the error please insert the external storage media and press ok please help me to reset my pc and login...
  6. Please insert the external storage media and press ok

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please insert the external storage media and press ok: Hi I just upgraded my windows 7 to 10 but when I restart my laptop it shows the error please insert the external storage media and press ok please help me to reset my pc and login...
  7. Please insert the external storage media and press ok

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Black screen - please insert the external media and press ok

Black screen - please insert the external media and press ok: How big of an external drive do I need for windows pro but is home use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-please-insert-the-external-media-and/13b7bd69-7d17-4c55-be6c-c16d676f35fc
  9. Please insert the external storage media and press okay error message

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Please insert the external storage media and press okay error message: [IMG]I was trying to update to windows 2004, after a 2nd try and after waiting for many hours it was still on 0% so I pressed the power button until my laptop restarted. I did it the 1st time I tried to update and I was able to open it but now when I tried to restart my...
  10. Error please insert the external storage media and press ok

Error please insert the external storage media and press ok: I was wondering if anyone could help. Ive been recieveing the error message (the one in the title) and it stays on a black screen and nothing happens i cant click on anything as my windows wont load. Ive got a acer aspier. I recently contacted MS support to fix this issue but...