Windows 10: Please don't force a PIN when adding a MS account.

Discus and support Please don't force a PIN when adding a MS account. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-dont-force-a-pin-when-adding-a-ms-account/cf3defaf-f184-428e-a89c-6380b5e12c92 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SproutTheRobot, Sep 15, 2022.

1. Please don't force a PIN when adding a MS account.

Thank you.

:)

SproutTheRobot, Sep 15, 2022
  2. armym3 Win User

WarRock 3D Detection don´t works

Hello Guys,

i had a problem with my Card. The card didn´t wanted to change in 3D Modus. Ok now i removed the other 2 Pins and now it runs in 3D Modus in 3DMark06 too. The Card is a HD 2900GT. But my Game WarRock don´t runs in 3D Modus. Is there a List where i can start the game in 3D Manual? Because in Automatic it don´t want start because the Card don´t see that it is an 3D Game. Can someone help me?

armym3, Sep 15, 2022
  3. Kari Win User
    Asks for PIN when adding a different hotmail account to the mail app

Are you sure now you are not mixing the password and the PIN? I checked my previous post and the information told in it is both accurate and valid.

To put it very short: if you sign in to windows using an MS account Email1@OutlookOrHotmailOrLive.com, and you want to add Email2@OutlookOrHotmailOrLive.com to the Mail app, the PIN asked is the PIN (not the password) for the Email1@OutlookOrHotmailOrLive.com, your current Windows sign-in account.

Below a live example with screenshots.

By default a Windows user account has no PIN. It needs to be set up, either when installing Windows or later on if skipped when installing. When set, the PIN for the Windows 10 sign-in is four or more digits long, as the user prefers. In your case if it auto enters after 4 digits, you have a 4 digit PIN. I use a 5 digit PIN, in my case when I add a new Microsoft email account to mail app it auto enters after the 5th digit.

Here's how it works:

My Windows sign-in MS account L: @abcdefgh.com is already automatically added to Mail app, later on I have added a second MS account. Now adding a new account L: larry.laffer@abcdefgh.com, I enter this new account's credentials normally:

Please don't force a PIN when adding a MS account. [​IMG]

When added, the account tells Attention Required. Clicking the account I get the option Fix account selecting it:

The next dialog is a bit confusing. It asks me to verify that the L: larry.laffer@abcdefgh.com is mine by asking the current Windows 10 sign-in accounts PIN, that of L: @abcdefgh.com

I enter my Windows sign-in 5 digit PIN for the user account L: @abcdefgh.com, the account I am currently using to sign in to Windows, and now the L: larry.laffer@abcdefgh.com will finally be added to the mail app.

If you are not sure which PIN you have set up, if you have forgot it, go to your account settings and change it. Notice that if you have forgotten the PIN, you need first to remove it, then set a new one. Changing the PIN will first ask the old PIN which of course if you have forgotten it you cannot enter.

4. imrazor Win User

Please don't force a PIN when adding a MS account.

Why the <bleep> is MS forcing me to use a PIN?

After logging in with my MS account, I was taken straight to step F. However, there was no "Do this later" button. Hitting Next (the only option) brought me to the PIN entry screen. Hitting Cancel there brought me to a screen that asked if I really, really wanted to pass on the opportunity to use a wondrous PIN. However, the only option was Next, which brought me right back to the PIN entry screen.

And now that I have a PIN, even if I go into settings and delete the stupid thing, I'm forced to re-create it *immediately* after logging in with the password. In other words, I don't see the desktop, just a blue screen demanding that I create a PIN.

imrazor, Sep 15, 2022
Thema:

Please don't force a PIN when adding a MS account.

1. Please don't force a PIN when adding a MS account. - Similar Threads - Please don't force

2. **** you don't force me to make a pin code

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    **** you don't force me to make a pin code: I already went trough the pain of having to make a **** microsoft email and a pin code unskippable. I just logged off for the first time in prob. a year and it forced me to make a pin code to log on again... I already made one and deleted it. So thanks for wasting even more...
  3. **** you don't force me to make a pin code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    **** you don't force me to make a pin code: I already went trough the pain of having to make a **** microsoft email and a pin code unskippable. I just logged off for the first time in prob. a year and it forced me to make a pin code to log on again... I already made one and deleted it. So thanks for wasting even more...
  4. CANT SETUP NEW PC CAUSE OF FORCING OF MS ACCOUNT & PIN!!!!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CANT SETUP NEW PC CAUSE OF FORCING OF MS ACCOUNT & PIN!!!!!!!!!: Please help.I am trying to setup and brand new PC with Windows preloaded. I go through your annoying new windows setup that now FORCES me to sign in with a microsoft account and create a pin. Except when you click create pin there is no other option your just get the spinning...
  5. CANT SETUP NEW PC CAUSE OF FORCING OF MS ACCOUNT & PIN!!!!!!!!!

CANT SETUP NEW PC CAUSE OF FORCING OF MS ACCOUNT & PIN!!!!!!!!!: Please help.I am trying to setup and brand new PC with Windows preloaded. I go through your annoying new windows setup that now FORCES me to sign in with a microsoft account and create a pin. Except when you click create pin there is no other option your just get the spinning...
  6. Please don't force a PIN when adding a MS account.

Please don't force a PIN when adding a MS account.: Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-dont-force-a-pin-when-adding-a-ms-account/cf3defaf-f184-428e-a89c-6380b5e12c92
  7. Picture/Pin Password for AD accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Picture/Pin Password for AD accounts: Hello, I've introduced Picture password and Pins for a few users within my organisation, however, I am interested in setting it up for the whole company but on the AD network level. Currently, the users are setting this up via the Local account, meaning that any time they...
  8. Why the <bleep> is MS forcing me to use a PIN?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Why the <bleep> is MS forcing me to use a PIN?: I recently installed Windows 10 Pro on a new (to me) laptop. It forced me to choose a PIN during installation, and absolutely would not let me cancel PIN creation, though I tried many times. So I thought, OK, I'll just set up the stupid PIN and delete it after installation. I...
  9. Adding devices to my MS Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding devices to my MS Account: I subscribed to Office on one pc; how can I add another pc on the same account? The only selection is add a Local Account, which was denied....
  10. Please Ms FIX the shares issue when using an MS account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Please Ms FIX the shares issue when using an MS account: Hi there as Ms people obviously read these excellent Forums -- please seriously sort out the Networking issues some of us (a lot actually) have with accessing shares on our LANS when using logged on with an Ms account. The networking seems to work fine when using a...