Windows 10: Play MP4 Videos copied from hard drive to Lenovo USB Flash Drives

Discus and support Play MP4 Videos copied from hard drive to Lenovo USB Flash Drives in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have Windows 7 Ultimate computer and copied MP4 videos from my hard drive to Lenovo USB flash drives that I recently purchased which are 1TB and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RobSeth52, Oct 10, 2023.

1. RobSeth52 Win User

Play MP4 Videos copied from hard drive to Lenovo USB Flash Drives

I have Windows 7 Ultimate computer and copied MP4 videos from my hard drive to Lenovo USB flash drives that I recently purchased which are 1TB and 500GB in size. When I go to play the movies I get a pop up message saying "Windows Media Player cannot play the file. etc... This only happens with the Lenovo USB Flash Drives. I can still play movies on other flash drives that I have but they are only 32GB or 64GB.I've been in touch with the sellers but to date they have been unable to help.

:)

RobSeth52, Oct 10, 2023
  2. Sher Amo Win User

Copying movie to Flash Drive

Hi Todd,

One way on how to save and move files to a flash drive is by using the File Explorer in Windows 10. To assist you with your concern, to save your movie file to a flash drive, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Connect your USB flash drive to your PC.
    • Navigate to the folder or location where you save your movie files.
    • Right-click on the movie file and select
      Copy
    • Right-click on the Start menu, and select
      File Explorer.
    • On the left-pane, double-click on This PC.
    • Double-click on the drive letter that correspond to your USB flash drive.
    • Right-click and select Paste.
    • Wait for the process to complete the transfer.
    • Once you’re done, you can safely remove your USB flash drive.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Sher Amo, Oct 10, 2023
  3. Todd H P Win User
    Cant play MP4 videos from my external hard drive

Hi

Can anyone help me with this, I down loaded a heap of MP4 clips from my Go Pro to my lap top & to save space I then copied them to my 2TB external hard drive. Every video only plays for 1 second & then stops. I tried copying them back to the computer desktop
    & still have the same issue.

They played fine before I copied them to the external hard drive.

Any idea on what I need to do to fix this. I tried playing them both thru Movie & TV as well as Windows media player

Todd H P, Oct 10, 2023
  4. Denny57 Win User

Problems copying additional MP4 files to a USB Flash Drive

I have a number of MP4 files which I am trying to copy to a USB Flash Drive. Each file is approximately 17GB. I have been able to copy File 1 which runs in WMP. I then load File 2, which also runs in WMP. However, when I copy File 3 all three files fail to run.

It does not matter in which order I copy the files, the result is the same.

Device : Surface Pro 7

WMP: Latest Version

WMP Legacy : Also on Surface Pro

USB: 512GB

Format: NTFS

Strangely, I managed to copy similar size files onto a Sandisc 64GB USB Flash Drive using the same device and these both run in both versions of WMP

Additionally, when I look at the file directory in the legacy WMP each file shows as duration time of 0 when all 3 files have been copied to the USB device.

For the life of me I cannot understand why all the files appear to be corrupted only once a third files is copied to the USB.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Denny57, Oct 10, 2023
Thema:

1. Play MP4 Videos copied from hard drive to Lenovo USB Flash Drives - Similar Threads - Play MP4 Videos

2. Play MP4 Videos copied from hard drive to Lenovo USB Flash Drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Play MP4 Videos copied from hard drive to Lenovo USB Flash Drives: I have Windows 7 Ultimate computer and copied MP4 videos from my hard drive to Lenovo USB flash drives that I recently purchased which are 1TB and 500GB in size. When I go to play the movies I get a pop up message saying "Windows Media Player cannot play the file. etc... This...
  3. Help with USB Flash Drive playing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with USB Flash Drive playing: I want to watch a musical that is on a USB. There are 2 acts. Act I plays fine, Act II starts but then 6 seconds in it stops. How do I get Act II to play? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-with-usb-flash-drive-playing/62c49a05-8c7f-4d2e-8b48-01116d2212ce
  4. Help with USB Flash Drive playing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with USB Flash Drive playing: I want to watch a musical that is on a USB. There are 2 acts. Act I plays fine, Act II starts but then 6 seconds in it stops. How do I get Act II to play? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-with-usb-flash-drive-playing/62c49a05-8c7f-4d2e-8b48-01116d2212ce
  5. Problems copying additional MP4 files to a USB Flash Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems copying additional MP4 files to a USB Flash Drive: I have a number of MP4 files which I am trying to copy to a USB Flash Drive. Each file is approximately 17GB. I have been able to copy File 1 which runs in WMP. I then load File 2, which also runs in WMP. However, when I copy File 3 all three files fail to run.It does not...
  6. Problems copying additional MP4 files to a USB Flash Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems copying additional MP4 files to a USB Flash Drive: I have a number of MP4 files which I am trying to copy to a USB Flash Drive. Each file is approximately 17GB. I have been able to copy File 1 which runs in WMP. I then load File 2, which also runs in WMP. However, when I copy File 3 all three files fail to run.It does not...
  7. How do I copy photos from my hard drive to a USB flash drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I copy photos from my hard drive to a USB flash drive?: How do I copy photos from my hard drive to a USB flash drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-copy-photos-from-my-hard-drive-to-a-usb/f24f8778-8e5b-4381-8274-2426dfe7f654
  8. Can't copy files from laptop to USB flash drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't copy files from laptop to USB flash drive: Can't copy files from PC Windows 10 laptop to USB drive nor delete file/folders on USB drive. Says I need administrator permission. I am the administrator. I can copy files/folders from USB to desktop. SD card is formatted for FAT32 so no security tab under properties....
  9. Cant play MP4 videos from my external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant play MP4 videos from my external hard drive: Hi Can anyone help me with this, I down loaded a heap of MP4 clips from my Go Pro to my lap top & to save space I then copied them to my 2TB external hard drive. Every video only plays for 1 second & then stops. I tried copying them back to the computer desktop & still have...
  10. Copy a DVD onto a usb drive flash

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Copy a DVD onto a usb drive flash: How do I Copy a DVD onto a usb drive flash? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-a-dvd-onto-a-usb-drive-flash/717a7fe9-432b-499c-aa65-aa77754a0457