Windows 10: Pin not recognized, cannot log into my laptop

Discus and support Pin not recognized, cannot log into my laptop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My colleague's login Pin is not working, she has been using this for a couple of months now with no issues! When she tries to reset her Pin, a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Rhona Horner, Dec 12, 2022.

1. Pin not recognized, cannot log into my laptop

My colleague's login Pin is not working, she has been using this for a couple of months now with no issues! When she tries to reset her Pin, a validation code is being sent, but it is being sent to her old phone, she now has a new number, but can't change this in her account.Is there an easy way to change her login Pin?

:)

Rhona Horner, Dec 12, 2022

2. Pin no longer recognized after this morning's update

Hi,

To better assist you with your concern on your PIN not being recognized, may we know the following information:

• Which PIN are your referring to? Is it for your PC or for the Windows login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?
    • What is the exact error message? A screenshot will help.

We'll wait for your reply.

Christian Mart, Dec 12, 2022
  3. HaFin Win User
    Laptop PIN not recognized

My Dell Inspiron 15 laptop did not recognize my PIN when I tried to sign in (I re-entered PIN to be certain it was entered correctly). The message was "Something went wrong and your PIN isn't available" (error code 0x80280013). Fortunately, my MS password
    was recognized on my second attempt to enter the password .

This is the first time I've had this problem. Is this a problem with my laptop or with Windows not recognizing my PIN?

PS: On my first attempt to enter MS password, the response was to send me a verification code via my email. This seems very illogical, since if I can't sign-on to my laptop, I can't retrieve my code! Apparently MS assumes I have an alternative means
    of opening my email !

HaFin, Dec 12, 2022
  4. Pin not recognized, cannot log into my laptop

pin log in

Hi Keith,

You can change your PIN by following the steps below:

• Open Settings (keyboard shortcut: Windows + I) > Accounts >
      Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, click on Change.
    • Enter your current PIN, enter and confirm the new PIN, then click OK.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Dec 12, 2022
Thema:

Pin not recognized, cannot log into my laptop

1. Pin not recognized, cannot log into my laptop - Similar Threads - Pin recognized cannot

2. My PIN is not recognized

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My PIN is not recognized: PIN was not recognized then, tried restarting in safe mode and doesn't recognize my PW and PC now is asking for challenge phrase!Now what?! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pin-is-not-recognized/ac0ca68e-a2f0-4ca8-9aa6-b798bda4ea16
  3. My PIN is not recognized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PIN is not recognized: PIN was not recognized then, tried restarting in safe mode and doesn't recognize my PW and PC now is asking for challenge phrase!Now what?! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pin-is-not-recognized/ac0ca68e-a2f0-4ca8-9aa6-b798bda4ea16
  4. Cannot Log In Using Pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Log In Using Pin: I am unable to log into my laptop using my pin or any other method. My keypad and peripherals also appear to be disabled and cannot use them to type. It also indicates that 'Something happened and your pin isn't available. Click to set-up your pin again." If I choose 'I...
  5. Cannot Log In Using Pin

Cannot Log In Using Pin: I am unable to log into my laptop using my pin or any other method. My keypad and peripherals also appear to be disabled and cannot use them to type. It also indicates that 'Something happened and your pin isn't available. Click to set-up your pin again." If I choose 'I...
  6. Pin not recognized, cannot log into my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin not recognized, cannot log into my laptop: My colleague's login Pin is not working, she has been using this for a couple of months now with no issues! When she tries to reset her Pin, a validation code is being sent, but it is being sent to her old phone, she now has a new number, but can't change this in her...
  7. cannot log into my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot log into my laptop: I have been trying to log into my laptop for months, even after changing my password, I still cannot log on.What do you suggest to do because I can log in other places, just not on my laptop.Please help....
  8. cannot log into my laptop

cannot log into my laptop: I have been trying to log into my laptop for months, even after changing my password, I still cannot log on.What do you suggest to do because I can log in other places, just not on my laptop.Please help....
  9. windows cannot recognize my pin.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    windows cannot recognize my pin.: windows cannot recognize my pin. Cannot get into my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cannot-recognize-my-pin/4ee08a48-ca63-4344-a9f6-9367d7496293
  10. Cannot log into Windows: password not recognized.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot log into Windows: password not recognized.: Issue: Cannot log into Windows: password not recognized. Problem started on Thu Jan 4, 2018. Computer: This is my son’s HP ProBook 6560b Win10 Pro (x64) notebook. We live quite a few miles apart so we are talking about this issue over the phone. He gets account.live.com...