Windows 10: Pin and Password to login to WIndows on a laptop does not work anymore

Discus and support Pin and Password to login to WIndows on a laptop does not work anymore in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi!I cannot acces my windows on my laptop anymore. Neither PIN nor WIndos login credentials are accepted by the laptop. My Windows account is OK, I can... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by NatalieSegur, Sep 17, 2024.

1. Pin and Password to login to WIndows on a laptop does not work anymore

Hi!I cannot acces my windows on my laptop anymore. Neither PIN nor WIndos login credentials are accepted by the laptop. My Windows account is OK, I can get in via browser without any problems. I had a chat with microsoft support but the could not help, they agreed a 2nd level support for today but they cancelled it. Could anybody help me please?

:)

NatalieSegur, Sep 17, 2024

2. Forgotten PIN and expired password

Hi Dyari,

Thanks for your answer.

I tried steps of both links:

• #1: reset PIN code
      • I see no link "reset your PIN"on login page --> I can't reset it
    • #2: change or reset windows password
      • My Windows account is not displayed at all on login page.
      • I am using a local account
    If you have any other suggestion, I would be more than happy to try.

Regards,

Guillaume

Guillaume ., Sep 17, 2024
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Sep 17, 2024
  4. Pin and Password to login to WIndows on a laptop does not work anymore

Unable to login using The login PIN

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the pin and check fi it helps.

• In the login page next to “PIN password option”.
    • You will find “Other sign in options”, click on it will prompt you for regular password.
    • Enter regular password and login to the computer.
    • I suggest you to click on the Start Menu
      and select settings.
    • Now select Accounts.
    • Next select the tab Sign-in option.
    • Under the “PIN tab” click on “ADD” option.
    • It will prompt you for current pin password and new password, please provide
      new password then apply the changes, restart
      the computer and check if it works.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 17, 2024
Thema:

Pin and Password to login to WIndows on a laptop does not work anymore

1. Pin and Password to login to WIndows on a laptop does not work anymore - Similar Threads - Pin Password login

2. Pin and Password to login to WIndows on a laptop does not work anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin and Password to login to WIndows on a laptop does not work anymore: Hi!I cannot acces my windows on my laptop anymore. Neither PIN nor WIndos login credentials are accepted by the laptop. My Windows account is OK, I can get in via browser without any problems. I had a chat with microsoft support but the could not help, they agreed a 2nd level...
  3. Pin and Password to login to WIndows on a laptop does not work anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pin and Password to login to WIndows on a laptop does not work anymore: Hi!I cannot acces my windows on my laptop anymore. Neither PIN nor WIndos login credentials are accepted by the laptop. My Windows account is OK, I can get in via browser without any problems. I had a chat with microsoft support but the could not help, they agreed a 2nd level...
  4. My PIN does not work anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PIN does not work anymore: Dear all, I have no idea what happened. When I turned on my PC today it stated: that there is an error and my PIN is not available. I have to click "set up PIN" in order to set up again. When I click "set up PIN" it does nothing. translated from GermanI have absolutely no...
  5. My PIN does not work anymore

My PIN does not work anymore: Dear all, I have no idea what happened. When I turned on my PC today it stated: that there is an error and my PIN is not available. I have to click "set up PIN" in order to set up again. When I click "set up PIN" it does nothing. translated from GermanI have absolutely no...
  6. Windows 11 PIN and password not working for login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 PIN and password not working for login: I have been am using windows 11 pro insider preview build 25276. I have never had any issues with the insider preview until today. I had a password and PIN for my account, this all worked fine yesterday. Now when I try to login it no longer justs asks for my pin. It asks for...
  7. Windows 11 PIN and password not working for login

Windows 11 PIN and password not working for login: I have been am using windows 11 pro insider preview build 25276. I have never had any issues with the insider preview until today. I had a password and PIN for my account, this all worked fine yesterday. Now when I try to login it no longer justs asks for my pin. It asks for...
  8. PIN for Logging in does not work anymore and password has been forgotten in time

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PIN for Logging in does not work anymore and password has been forgotten in time: Hope someone besides Microsoft can help me to unlock my laptop. Since the boot time was extremely long I decided to install Diagnose boot up only and THAT is where the whole thing went bottom up. When I rebooted the PC to see if it would really be quicker, the login...
  9. Password not working - how to login with Pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password not working - how to login with Pin: After my PC failed to update to latest version of Win10 my PC now requires that I log in with a Password vs. a Pin. I've used PIN so long that I've forgotten my Password. At the login screen I see not way to enter the PIN. I also don't have a Microsoft Account set up on...
  10. Pin does not work for login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Pin does not work for login: Hi, I am on latest insider build 14372. For the past view insider builds on this particular machine I can no longer in via pin. Always says incorrect. It use to work. It works on my other machine with same build. I can login with my MS account and change pin.? 55086