Windows 10: Pictures saving with wrong date & time

Discus and support Pictures saving with wrong date & time in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was looking for some artwork today & saved 2 but they all had the wrong dates & time. The saved pictures show different dates & times, one shows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Scorpionxx0, May 18, 2020.

1. Pictures saving with wrong date & time

I was looking for some artwork today & saved 2 but they all had the wrong dates & time. The saved pictures show different dates & times, one shows 9/14/2009 at 9:27am & the other 7/27/2014 at 7:49am. I just recently got a new computer with windows 10 & haven't messed with any of the default settings aside from the way stuff gets sorted in my folders. this is the first time this has happened & only happened on those 2 pictures so far so I'm just wondering why this is happening.

:)

Scorpionxx0, May 18, 2020

2. Date and Time is right but wrong

Hi Joshua,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

- Do you have a different computer set up with your Microsoft account?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Andre Da Costa on
    How to troubleshoot Product Activation in Windows 10

I would also suggest you to manually set up your computer to synchronize with Windows time by following the steps below:

1. Type "date and time" in the search bar and open it.

2. Click on "internet time" tab.

3. Click on "change settings".

4. Check "synchronize with an internet time server"

5. Under server, select time.windows.com
    from the drop down list.

6. Click on "update now" and click
    ok.

7. Restart your computer and check if the issue persists.

Also make sure the time zone is set correctly by following the steps below:

1. Press Windows key + I

2. Click on "time and language".

3. Click on "date and time"

4. Choose the appropriate time zone from the drop down list.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, May 18, 2020
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. Aries Win User

Pictures saving with wrong date & time

save date/time shows wrong time

So are you saying that, out of the hundreds of files that I have saved from a picture online, this is the ONLY one that has the info about the date the picture was taken which gets transferred to my "saved as" version?

Aries, May 18, 2020
Thema:

Pictures saving with wrong date & time

1. Pictures saving with wrong date & time - Similar Threads - Pictures saving wrong

2. Saved tiff file, file date is not date/time when file was saved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saved tiff file, file date is not date/time when file was saved: When I save a tiff the file save date displaying in explorer is incorrect. File saved 8-23-2024 12:58 AM reflects in file properties explorer shows 4-27-24 at 6:23PM. The date is correct in the tiff file's properties. Anyone know what's going on here? This is a tiff from a...
  3. Time & date always wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time & date always wrong: Since upgrading to Windows 11 a few months ago, the time and date on my system are always wrong on boot. I have to go into date & time settings and click "Sync Now" to fix it. I've tried multiple debugging steps but nothing has worked:Replaced the CMOS battery. I also...
  4. Time & date always wrong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Time & date always wrong: Since upgrading to Windows 11 a few months ago, the time and date on my system are always wrong on boot. I have to go into date & time settings and click "Sync Now" to fix it. I've tried multiple debugging steps but nothing has worked:Replaced the CMOS battery. I also...
  5. Date and Time is wrong

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Date and Time is wrong: My date and time is wrong and I cant seem to fix it. I have it set to set automatic time and time zone but it sets it to pacific time when I am central. It shows its 2 hours behind. I would set it manually but then I have trouble with programs not working correctly as the...
  6. Downloading pictures wont save in folder by date

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloading pictures wont save in folder by date: I'm not sure what happened but usually I can download pics from sd card and they go to a folder with the date. Now each pic is saved individually. How can I get it back to the way it was before....
  7. Date/Time flyout Agenda shows wrong meeting times since Daylight Savings time started

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Date/Time flyout Agenda shows wrong meeting times since Daylight Savings time started: I have a recurring meeting at 1PM on my calendar. I created on the built in Calendar app which is connected to my outlook.com account. It was correctly adjusted when the time change happened, it still shows as 1PM on my calendar and I get a meeting notification at 1PM, but...
  8. Dates and time of saves files are wrong how do i fix it?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dates and time of saves files are wrong how do i fix it?: i download files from watsapp and for some reason they are being downloaded with the wrong date and time. why is ithappening and how do i tix this problem. im using WINDOWS 10 Home edition...
  9. when i save a file it saves the wrong date

in Windows 10 Customization
    when i save a file it saves the wrong date: The computer is saving the wrong date when I export or have a save-as file. How can I fix this? This is happening on 2 of the computers I bought new at the same time and they are having the same problem. Thanks Linda...
  10. Time correct but date often wrong

in Windows 10 Support
    Time correct but date often wrong: I have a brand-new computer with a clean install of Win 10 which I've been using for about 10 days now. While the system time is always correct, every couple of days when I boot the system the date will be off by a day or two, usually ahead. I have reset the date in the BIOS...