Windows 10: Photos no longer open

Discus and support Photos no longer open in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My photos no longer open on my laptop Windows 10. I just get a black screen. I can see the images in tiles, but can't view them.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Cat Genc, Aug 27, 2023.

1. Cat Genc Win User

Photos no longer open

My photos no longer open on my laptop Windows 10. I just get a black screen. I can see the images in tiles, but can't view them.

:)

Cat Genc, Aug 27, 2023

2. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Aug 27, 2023
  3. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Aug 27, 2023
  4. Photos no longer open

Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

keep us posted. i'll be interested in this as i've been wanting to do one for a while.

Chicken Patty, Aug 27, 2023
Thema:

Photos no longer open

1. Photos no longer open - Similar Threads - Photos longer open

2. Both Microsoft Photos and Photos Legacy no longer open image files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Both Microsoft Photos and Photos Legacy no longer open image files: Both Microsoft Photos and Photos Legacy no longer open image files. This has happened before and after going into APPS and both Repairing and Resetting both apps they worked. However, that no longer fixes this issue. Microsoft Photo Gallery does open all image files.Why is...
  3. Both Microsoft Photos and Photos Legacy no longer open image files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Both Microsoft Photos and Photos Legacy no longer open image files: Both Microsoft Photos and Photos Legacy no longer open image files. This has happened before and after going into APPS and both Repairing and Resetting both apps they worked. However, that no longer fixes this issue. Microsoft Photo Gallery does open all image files.Why is...
  4. Photos no longer open

Photos no longer open: My photos no longer open on my laptop Windows 10. I just get a black screen. I can see the images in tiles, but can't view them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-no-longer-open/1757597d-e10b-4e51-91b1-e3ba4351d10c
  5. Photos App no longer working...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos App no longer working...: Is there anyone except me who is experiencing being unable to open photos anymore? I can't open any photos in Windows Explorer anymore. If I bring up a folder of photos and click on one to open it, it says, "The specified feature could not be found." Has anybody else...
  6. Photos App no longer working...

Photos App no longer working...: Is there anyone except me who is experiencing being unable to open photos anymore? I can't open any photos in Windows Explorer anymore. If I bring up a folder of photos and click on one to open it, it says, "The specified feature could not be found." Has anybody else...
  7. Microsoft Photos no longer works

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Photos no longer works: After an automatic Windows update, Photos app no longer functions. If I attempt to open the app directly, the opening screen appears for a few moments and then closes. If I click on a jpg file in explorer, I get a system error code -2147219196. I tried uninstalling the...
  8. my jpg files can no longer be opened and background photo dissapeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my jpg files can no longer be opened and background photo dissapeared: my jpg files can no longer be opened...movies of same pictures open but not jpg or any doc with picture https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-jpg-files-can-no-longer-be-opened-and/2bf2398c-7c62-4b1c-b15a-e5e949a9e877
  9. Windows Photos will no longer open.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Photos will no longer open.: My HP Laptop suffered a complete meltdown the other day of which I had to reinstall windows 10 along with settings for Office etc. Once complete, all seems ok ... but ... went to look at a picture with Microsoft Photos being the default app. Messages keep cropping up eg...
  10. photos not opening

photos not opening: My photos are not opening. It keeps on displaying file system error -2147219196 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-not-opening/10cf9525-01fe-453f-ac6d-34658df59bf5