Windows 10: Photos Legacy

Discus and support Photos Legacy in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I downloaded Photos Legacy mainly to take care of red eye on Windows 11 but whenever I open it, the new Photos app is opened instead. How can I fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mel Goodale, Jan 29, 2024.

1. Photos Legacy

I downloaded Photos Legacy mainly to take care of red eye on Windows 11 but whenever I open it, the new Photos app is opened instead. How can I fix this? I have re-installed it but it still comes up with the new Photos app.

:)

Mel Goodale, Jan 29, 2024
  2. Tin L Win User

how to get Photos Legacy

Hi Robert,

I'm Christine, an Independent Advisor and a Windows user like you. I can see here that you would like to get the Photo Legacy. No worries, I'll do my best to help you.

To get that app, please click start menu and type Photos then hit enter

Select Settings and scroll down, you'll see the Photo Legacy, please click on it. And that should give you the Photo Legacy.

Please check and follow the steps from the link below:

How to get the Photos Legacy

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wha...

Please let me know the result. I'll be happy to assist you all the way until it's resolved.

Thank you,

Christine L

Independent Advisor

Tin L, Jan 29, 2024
  3. Photos Legacy Stuck at "Looking for new photos and videos".

Thanks for the help but it seems like the app didn't crash it's still running it just won't proceed to the next stage to import photos. I have a habit of importing the photos through the Photo Legacy app and delete them straight away. So I would like to know what other step I could take.

Edward Lim01, Jan 29, 2024
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Photos Legacy

Multiple Photos

We suggest that you follow the steps below to delete the photo through Photos app:

• If you’re looking at your list of photos in Photos app, select the photos by clicking on checkbox on the photos you want to delete. Click
      Delete icon at the bottom right corner to delete.
    • If you open a photo, Tap or press Delete
      key from keyboard.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Jan 29, 2024
Thema:

Photos Legacy

1. Photos Legacy - Similar Threads - Photos Legacy

2. All photos gone from my laptop- no back up in OneDrive- Photo Legacy app almost loaded the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All photos gone from my laptop- no back up in OneDrive- Photo Legacy app almost loaded the...: Hello,I just noticed today that all of my pictures are gone on my laptop. I do not have a personal OneDrive that I backed up my pictures on. I've tried all of the troubleshooting advice given in the Microsoft forums including repairing the photo app, looking for double user...
  3. All photos gone from my laptop- no back up in OneDrive- Photo Legacy app almost loaded the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All photos gone from my laptop- no back up in OneDrive- Photo Legacy app almost loaded the...: Hello,I just noticed today that all of my pictures are gone on my laptop. I do not have a personal OneDrive that I backed up my pictures on. I've tried all of the troubleshooting advice given in the Microsoft forums including repairing the photo app, looking for double user...
  4. All photos gone from my laptop- no back up in OneDrive- Photo Legacy app almost loaded the...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Microsoft Photos App Non-Legacy Showing Blank Icons In Place Of Images

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos App Non-Legacy Showing Blank Icons In Place Of Images: So I'm trying to access my photos via the new photos app from both OneDrive and Local Disk folders, but the icons aren't showing anything beyond the default/blank image states, and I cannot open images in this manner either. I've reinstalled, reset, restarted system and reset...
  6. Microsoft Photos App Non-Legacy Showing Blank Icons In Place Of Images

Microsoft Photos App Non-Legacy Showing Blank Icons In Place Of Images: So I'm trying to access my photos via the new photos app from both OneDrive and Local Disk folders, but the icons aren't showing anything beyond the default/blank image states, and I cannot open images in this manner either. I've reinstalled, reset, restarted system and reset...
  7. Why do I keep losing sound when editing with Photos Legacy?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I keep losing sound when editing with Photos Legacy?: Photos Legacy alreadyu has this annoying bug that mutes the sound every time you are trying top play a video both in Windows 10 and 11. Now in Windows 11, the sound disappears completely when you are trying to edit trim a short MP4 video.This means you have to save the edit...
  8. Why do I keep losing sound when editing with Photos Legacy?

Why do I keep losing sound when editing with Photos Legacy?: Photos Legacy alreadyu has this annoying bug that mutes the sound every time you are trying top play a video both in Windows 10 and 11. Now in Windows 11, the sound disappears completely when you are trying to edit trim a short MP4 video.This means you have to save the edit...
  9. windows 10 Photo Legacy application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 Photo Legacy application: I cannot open the windows 10 Photo Legacy application, After going to help.Microsoft.com following those instructions the required registry path was not there. So what did you do to remove that path to disable a fine working program. I guess it was done via an update and not...
  10. windows 10 Photo Legacy application

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 Photo Legacy application: I cannot open the windows 10 Photo Legacy application, After going to help.Microsoft.com following those instructions the required registry path was not there. So what did you do to remove that path to disable a fine working program. I guess it was done via an update and not...