Windows 10: Photos Legacy

Discus and support Photos Legacy in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Had some advice from DaveM121 but couldn't send another reply to him.Am trying to resize an image using Photos Legacy Resize Image.I still can't get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Heather Pitch, Jun 29, 2023.

1. Photos Legacy

Had some advice from DaveM121 but couldn't send another reply to him.Am trying to resize an image using Photos Legacy Resize Image.I still can't get the right dialogue box with the 3 Best for ... options. This is what I get:

:)

Heather Pitch, Jun 29, 2023
  2. Tin L Win User

how to get Photos Legacy

Hi Robert,

I'm Christine, an Independent Advisor and a Windows user like you. I can see here that you would like to get the Photo Legacy. No worries, I'll do my best to help you.

To get that app, please click start menu and type Photos then hit enter

Select Settings and scroll down, you'll see the Photo Legacy, please click on it. And that should give you the Photo Legacy.

Please check and follow the steps from the link below:

How to get the Photos Legacy

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wha...

Please let me know the result. I'll be happy to assist you all the way until it's resolved.

Thank you,

Christine L

Independent Advisor

Tin L, Jun 29, 2023
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    My question concerns running "Photos Legacy"with Windows 11.

Hi BertST,

I am Dave, I will help you with this.

If you click your Start Button and just type photos do you see both the Windows 11 Photos app and the Legacy Photos app listed on the resulting menu?

If not, open the Settings App, then o to Apps - Installed Apps

In the search box in there, type Photos, do you find the Photos app and the Legacy Photos app listed in there?

Photos Legacy cQfEzexWNS463aoOK1xEIbq287uNE1WpOYCG5yjAelqzQvhiNvU%2bD5LDrvmOouhYHhTF7LP9R1P4eteLm1bJvG%2bjs%3d.png

DaveM121, Jun 29, 2023
  4. kormath Win User

Photos Legacy

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Photos Legacy :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jun 29, 2023
Thema:

Photos Legacy

1. Photos Legacy - Similar Threads - Photos Legacy

2. Microsoft Photos App Non-Legacy Showing Blank Icons In Place Of Images

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos App Non-Legacy Showing Blank Icons In Place Of Images: So I'm trying to access my photos via the new photos app from both OneDrive and Local Disk folders, but the icons aren't showing anything beyond the default/blank image states, and I cannot open images in this manner either. I've reinstalled, reset, restarted system and reset...
  3. Microsoft Photos App Non-Legacy Showing Blank Icons In Place Of Images

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos App Non-Legacy Showing Blank Icons In Place Of Images: So I'm trying to access my photos via the new photos app from both OneDrive and Local Disk folders, but the icons aren't showing anything beyond the default/blank image states, and I cannot open images in this manner either. I've reinstalled, reset, restarted system and reset...
  4. Why do I keep losing sound when editing with Photos Legacy?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I keep losing sound when editing with Photos Legacy?: Photos Legacy alreadyu has this annoying bug that mutes the sound every time you are trying top play a video both in Windows 10 and 11. Now in Windows 11, the sound disappears completely when you are trying to edit trim a short MP4 video.This means you have to save the edit...
  5. Why do I keep losing sound when editing with Photos Legacy?

Why do I keep losing sound when editing with Photos Legacy?: Photos Legacy alreadyu has this annoying bug that mutes the sound every time you are trying top play a video both in Windows 10 and 11. Now in Windows 11, the sound disappears completely when you are trying to edit trim a short MP4 video.This means you have to save the edit...
  6. windows 10 Photo Legacy application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 Photo Legacy application: I cannot open the windows 10 Photo Legacy application, After going to help.Microsoft.com following those instructions the required registry path was not there. So what did you do to remove that path to disable a fine working program. I guess it was done via an update and not...
  7. windows 10 Photo Legacy application

windows 10 Photo Legacy application: I cannot open the windows 10 Photo Legacy application, After going to help.Microsoft.com following those instructions the required registry path was not there. So what did you do to remove that path to disable a fine working program. I guess it was done via an update and not...
  8. windows 10 Photo Legacy application

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. i wanted to share a folder on microsoft photo legacy, so i pressed the share tab and the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i wanted to share a folder on microsoft photo legacy, so i pressed the share tab and the...: i tried to share an album from microsoft photo legacy and when i pressed share it emptied the album and i can't find the upload. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-wanted-to-share-a-folder-on-microsoft-photo/3e4147b8-23e5-4649-82eb-9a930b869e88
  10. i wanted to share a folder on microsoft photo legacy, so i pressed the share tab and the...

i wanted to share a folder on microsoft photo legacy, so i pressed the share tab and the...: i tried to share an album from microsoft photo legacy and when i pressed share it emptied the album and i can't find the upload. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-wanted-to-share-a-folder-on-microsoft-photo/3e4147b8-23e5-4649-82eb-9a930b869e88