Windows 10: Photos App no longer working...

Discus and support Photos App no longer working... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Is there anyone except me who is experiencing being unable to open photos anymore? I can't open any photos in Windows Explorer anymore. If I bring up a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by greenpoint1, Aug 11, 2022.

1. Photos App no longer working...

Is there anyone except me who is experiencing being unable to open photos anymore? I can't open any photos in Windows Explorer anymore. If I bring up a folder of photos and click on one to open it, it says, "The specified feature could not be found." Has anybody else experienced this and, if so, did you manage to get it fixed, and how?

:)

greenpoint1, Aug 11, 2022

2. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Aug 11, 2022
  3. Windows 10 Photo app no longer works

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any changes in prior to this issue?
    • Do you get any error message or error code on the screen?
    I would suggest you to follow the below methods.

Method 1: Try running windows app troubleshooter & check if the issue persists.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Method 2: Follow the below steps to update apps from store.

• Open Windows store.
    • Click on the sign in icon next to the search option.
    • Select the option download & update.
    • Click on the check for the updates.
    Method 3: I would recommend you to uninstall the Photo app using Windows PowerShell command and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.
      • get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage
    After performing the above steps, install the Photo app from the Windows store.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Photos app for Windows help.

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Hope the information helps. Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Aug 11, 2022
  4. Photos App no longer working...

Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

keep us posted. i'll be interested in this as i've been wanting to do one for a while.

Chicken Patty, Aug 11, 2022
Thema:

Photos App no longer working...

1. Photos App no longer working... - Similar Threads - Photos App longer

2. Photo App live tile no longer working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo App live tile no longer working: I have both the original updated PHOTO app and the older version PHOTO LEGACY app. I have put both on my start menu. Until recently, the live tile on both worked correctly showing the pictures in their respective storage place. Now in January 2024, the original PHOTO app live...
  3. Photo App live tile no longer working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo App live tile no longer working: I have both the original updated PHOTO app and the older version PHOTO LEGACY app. I have put both on my start menu. Until recently, the live tile on both worked correctly showing the pictures in their respective storage place. Now in January 2024, the original PHOTO app live...
  4. photo app not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    photo app not working: I have my photo app open however it is not showing any of my files or pictures. All is black and even when i relaunch it, it still the same. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-app-not-working/20d8f6e7-7e2c-4cf0-9be0-ae36cbac5e98
  5. Photos App no longer working...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos App no longer working...: Is there anyone except me who is experiencing being unable to open photos anymore? I can't open any photos in Windows Explorer anymore. If I bring up a folder of photos and click on one to open it, it says, "The specified feature could not be found." Has anybody else...
  6. Microsoft Photos no longer works

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Photos no longer works: After an automatic Windows update, Photos app no longer functions. If I attempt to open the app directly, the opening screen appears for a few moments and then closes. If I click on a jpg file in explorer, I get a system error code -2147219196. I tried uninstalling the...
  7. Can no longer jump to the next photo with the photos app

Can no longer jump to the next photo with the photos app: Hello! I work a lot with photos. If you have a folder full of photos, you normally can open a photo with the photos app and then go through all the photos contained in that folder by swiping or clicking or using the arrow keys. Yesterday I got the 2004 update, and since...
  8. Photo App "Enhance" Feature no longer working on my PC

Photo App "Enhance" Feature no longer working on my PC: After down loading pictures from my I phone I usually end up using the Enhance App to make some of the pictures a bit brighter, but as of yesterday it no longer works when you move the bar across the picture. All the other functions such as Draw, Add 3 effects all work...
  9. Apps and APP Store no longer working

Apps and APP Store no longer working: since a few days ago I have not been able to run apps such as photo, calculator or app store. When i click on a jpg photo thumbmail in explorer, I get a message "the app didn't start". I now have to view photos using "paint". I thought maybe a recent update was the problem....
  10. photos no longer wloads photos says app failed

photos no longer wloads photos says app failed: photos no longer wloads photos says app failed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-camera/photos-no-longer-wloads-photos-says-app-failed/77510534-d52d-48ce-8c3e-24a353ba412f