Windows 10: Photos app does not show original photo

Discus and support Photos app does not show original photo in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I take landscape photos on my camera and they end up with a file called RAW. I open them in the Photos app, and it shows the original photo for about a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Windows 10-11 User, Mar 8, 2024.

1. Photos app does not show original photo

I take landscape photos on my camera and they end up with a file called RAW. I open them in the Photos app, and it shows the original photo for about a second or so, but then switches to an automatic edited version of the same photo. How do I turn this off? It would REALLY help.

:)

Windows 10-11 User, Mar 8, 2024

2. The 'Photos' app for photo viewing has disappeared.

I do not understand this, when I returned to the PC later today my original settings had returned to the start screen, including one other tile which I had also lost but had not yet re-instated. Also the original list of 'All apps' had returned to the start
    screen, including 'Photos'. There is nothing that I am aware of having done that should have caused the original disappearance of some apps from the 'All apps' list and their associated tiles, or that could have caused them to return.

It has therefore been unnecessary to follow your suggested steps, though I have done so anyway and it works as suggested. Note that I had followed your steps 1 & 2 earlier which is why I knew 'Photos' had not disappeared from the PC but was simply not
    visible on the 'All apps' list and hence my inability to re-pin the tile.

Thank you for your reply and understanding my frustration.

Frustrated - Belfast, Mar 8, 2024
  3. Edwin Win User
    Photos app not reading photos

Yes...

Photos app does not show original photo 268816d1583118601t-photos-app-not-reading-photos-000060.jpg

Edwin, Mar 8, 2024
  4. Photos app does not show original photo

Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Mar 8, 2024
Thema:

Photos app does not show original photo

1. Photos app does not show original photo - Similar Threads - Photos app does

2. Photos app does not show original photo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos app does not show original photo: I take landscape photos on my camera and they end up with a file called RAW. I open them in the Photos app, and it shows the original photo for about a second or so, but then switches to an automatic edited version of the same photo. How do I turn this off? It would REALLY...
  3. Why does my Photos app show random photos as grey in the "all photos" overview?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my Photos app show random photos as grey in the "all photos" overview?: Random images are just shown as a grey square with symbol in the middle and the word "png". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-photos-app-show-random-photos-as-grey/ca4dafab-0e1f-402c-90ef-e3642871bf85
  4. Why does my Photos app show random photos as grey in the "all photos" overview?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my Photos app show random photos as grey in the "all photos" overview?: Random images are just shown as a grey square with symbol in the middle and the word "png". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-photos-app-show-random-photos-as-grey/ca4dafab-0e1f-402c-90ef-e3642871bf85
  5. Photo app does not show images

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo app does not show images: Im using photo app and seeing photos that I saved for the past years. It is all memorable for me not until I see only black images on my photo app. My saved photo are all black and cant see any images on each single one of them. I reset the app and still getting the same...
  6. Photo app does not show images

Photo app does not show images: Im using photo app and seeing photos that I saved for the past years. It is all memorable for me not until I see only black images on my photo app. My saved photo are all black and cant see any images on each single one of them. I reset the app and still getting the same...
  7. Does the built-in window photo app reduce the quality of original photo?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does the built-in window photo app reduce the quality of original photo?: My original photo is very clear and high resolution. However, it is a little bit dark, so I open the Windows Photo app to make it brighter and save a copy. When I take a look at the copied one the brighter one, I do not see any sign of quality reduction, but I wonder if the...
  8. Does the built-in window photo app reduce the quality of original photo?

Does the built-in window photo app reduce the quality of original photo?: My original photo is very clear and high resolution. However, it is a little bit dark, so I open the Windows Photo app to make it brighter and save a copy. When I take a look at the copied one the brighter one, I do not see any sign of quality reduction, but I wonder if the...
  9. Win 10 Photo app does not show photos in high resolution

Win 10 Photo app does not show photos in high resolution: Hi Since some weeks i have this problem that my photos in my Win 10 Photo app won't show in normal resolution. Also normaly if you zoom into a picture you can swipe with the left mouse button on the picture. This also does not work anymore. Its with every file type...
  10. Photos App Restore original version

Photos App Restore original version: The original Photos App was wonderful (Pre-2016). The updated version(s) are/where terrible. Someone provided a real working solution to restore the original Photos App in a thread here a while ago but I cannot find that thread. The method involved uninstalling and...