Windows 10: Photo storage full but local disk empty?

Discus and support Photo storage full but local disk empty? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I was transferring photos over from my iphone because of course my iphone is almost out of storage and one of the folders of pictures was unable to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MorganRds, Sep 21, 2024 at 9:47 AM.

1. MorganRds Win User

Photo storage full but local disk empty?

I was transferring photos over from my iphone because of course my iphone is almost out of storage and one of the folders of pictures was unable to be transferred. When I clicked on the little red X next to it, the message said I am over storage capacity. However, when I go to "This PC", under "Devices and Drives" it says that my Local Disk C still has over 800GB of free space. I am very confused. Are files and folders NOT stored in the disk??? What the heck is storing them then? I tried to drag the photos folder into the Local Disk. It asks if i would like to "create a link here" but then s

:)

2. Recovering Local Disk

Thank you for your quick response.

It could be a compatibility issue with the latest update and your local disk. We suggest updating your disk driver. Follow these steps:

• On the Start, type Device Manager.
    • Locate and select Disk drives.
    • Right-click on your disk drive, select Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab and choose Update Driver.
    • Once done, click OK.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ronalene Mat, Sep 21, 2024 at 9:49 AM
  3. EmilyS726 Win User
    Is Microsoft storage and local disk storage different?

Hello, this is Emily.

No, they are not the same.

The storage you bought is cloud storage. The 1 TB of storage that comes with your Microsoft 365 Basic subscription is located on Microsoft's servers, accessible over the internet. You can use this space to store documents, photos, and other files, and access them from any device connected to the internet. It's not physically present on your computer.

There's no way you can make your local disk by adding cloud storage. You cannot install games or apps to the cloud storage either, they need to be installed on the local disk.

Also, I want to point out - the cloud drive is using sync technology - meaning - you cannot delete the files after you move them to the cloud drive. It will then delete on the cloud too and you will end up with data loss. However, what you can do is to turn on OnDemand feature for the files you store in the cloud. This way the local copies will be simply a link instead of the actual copies, so it can save room on the local disk and spare that room for other usage. To learn more about OnDemand, you can read about it here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/save...

4. Photo storage full but local disk empty?

Local Disk Storage is Decreasing

My Local Disk "C" Storage is decreasing EVERYDAY. I even want to add My Local Disk F space to Local Disk C but if I do that and this problem continues, then I need to separate the disk space again. Yesterday it was 77.7 GB free of 172 GB and today it's 76.4 GB free of 172 GB it's happening everyday.

I'm doing Disk Cleanup and maintaining the space. On the first day of Disk Cleanup it showed 6GB to clean and the next day, following it's subsequent days its showing 300 MB to clean in the Disk. Is there a solution?

Thema:

Photo storage full but local disk empty?

1. Photo storage full but local disk empty? - Similar Threads - Photo storage full

2. Photo storage full but local disk empty?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photo storage full but local disk empty?: I was transferring photos over from my iphone because of course my iphone is almost out of storage and one of the folders of pictures was unable to be transferred. When I clicked on the little red X next to it, the message said I am over storage capacity. However, when I go...
  3. Photo storage full but local disk empty?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo storage full but local disk empty?: I was transferring photos over from my iphone because of course my iphone is almost out of storage and one of the folders of pictures was unable to be transferred. When I clicked on the little red X next to it, the message said I am over storage capacity. However, when I go...
  4. Local disk full

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local disk full: My C drive only has 20 GB of space, even though I only have one game downloaded on it. A scan with Malwarebytes shows that there are no viruses on my PC. Sometimes, the storage goes below 20 and becomes red. It used to have around 70 GB of space....
  5. Local disk full

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local disk full: My C drive only has 20 GB of space, even though I only have one game downloaded on it. A scan with Malwarebytes shows that there are no viruses on my PC. Sometimes, the storage goes below 20 and becomes red. It used to have around 70 GB of space....
  6. Local Disk C full

Local Disk C full: 2 weeks ago, my laptop, running Windows 10 22H2, 8GB RAM, had local disk c with just 10GB of free space, out of 300GB. I uninstalled some softwares, three of which notably are huge, more than 60GB disk space MATLAB, Mentor Graphics Hyperlynx and Ansys Electromagnetic Suite....
  7. Full Local Disk

Full Local Disk: I have a problem with my local disk, It is full but there are no external or third party apps installed to it. I always install apps to my secondary HDD. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/full-local-disk/1849644d-bd0a-4f92-9a7e-72394454d3c1
  8. Empty disk with no storage??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Empty disk with no storage??: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/butterfly_flyflyaway [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hn1jzx/empty_disk_with_no_storage/
  9. Local Disk (C:) full!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Local Disk (C:) full!: Hi, before several hours ago I did a backup for my iPhone using iTunes, when the backup ends I got an error message, I don't remember exactly what it says but something about ( your backup is not complete ) so I close the message window then I went to file explorer, I saw the...
  10. Local Disk full

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Local Disk full: My local disk is full. Most of the space is used for Apps & features (21.8 GB) . Never the less if I sort by size the heaviest app weights 352 MB Adobe Acrobat Reader. I have installed only 18 apps. Does anybody have the same issue? 140364