Windows 10: Photo app will not open .png files

Discus and support Photo app will not open .png files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have several users where the photo app is not working. IF the photo does open, a message appears above the screen that states '*.png Sorry Photo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dennis Shields, Oct 23, 2024 at 10:17 AM.

1. Photo app will not open .png files

I have several users where the photo app is not working. IF the photo does open, a message appears above the screen that states '*.png Sorry Photo can't open this file because the format is currently, unsupported, or the file is corrupt. " Other users can open the files with no issue. This is starting to happen to more computers in the company and I cannot determine what this issue is.Troubleshooting steps, - Ran scannow /SFC- Uninstalled Photo App, rebooted computer and added Photo App, - Provided the user with a new laptop, issue is still thereI do not now what is going on here, and I

:)

Dennis Shields, Oct 23, 2024 at 10:17 AM

2. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

3. App Photos

In this case, we suggest restoring your Photo app library to default. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer (you can open it from Start Menu, Search or taskbar).
    • Click on View tab.
    • Click on Navigation pane and choose Show libraries.
    • In the left pane right-click on Libraries and click on
      Restore default libraries
    • Open your Photos app again.

If you have additional questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Oct 23, 2024 at 11:03 AM
  4. Photo app will not open .png files

Unable to open the photos in Photos App

Hello David,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in opening the Photos in Windows. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Are you trying to open the photos in Photo App?
    • Are you getting any error messages when you try to open the photos?
    • Do you have the copy of those photos and are you able to open those photos?
    Please post to us with the information above to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 23, 2024 at 11:03 AM
Thema:

Photo app will not open .png files

1. Photo app will not open .png files - Similar Threads - Photo app open

2. Photo app will not open .png files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo app will not open .png files: I have several users where the photo app is not working. IF the photo does open, a message appears above the screen that states '*.png Sorry Photo can't open this file because the format is currently, unsupported, or the file is corrupt. " Other users can open the files with...
  3. I can't open a PNG photo !

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't open a PNG photo !: looked over info. here...many said to use the photos app., That does not work ! I see a blank square with a line running horizontally through it .Can anyone be of further help ?Thanks...
  4. Windows 10 photo viewer won't open .png files

Windows 10 photo viewer won't open .png files: Whenever I try to open a .png file I get an error with the file path and the following message: "Install failed. Please contact your software vendor" I can open the .png file in paint but not in the photo viewer....
  5. can't open png files

can't open png files: Hello! I've got a problem when opening png files. when I open it says "It looks like we don't support this file format" please help, I try all in internet. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-png-files/14eca5fd-8a4b-4d96-8670-7435e9159b65"
  6. Opening PNG FILES

in Windows 10 Customization
    Opening PNG FILES: When I open a "PNG" file I get a warning (Below) saying it could harm my computer, so I uncheck the "Always ask" box and then it opens. [ATTACH] But when I try to open another later it will ask again, is there ant way I can get it to remember my preference....
  7. Opening PNG files.

Opening PNG files.: I have received an e-mail in my Virgin Mail which has 1 PNG files and 2 GIF files attached. How do I open them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-png-files/59fd1cae-a02f-4cd2-a3a1-772edae09cbf"
  8. Opening *.jpg and *.png files

Opening *.jpg and *.png files: When attempting to open these files I now get a File system error (-2147219196) I believe I may have downloaded both Windows 10 and Lenovo upgrades that could have resulted in this error. How to fix?...
  9. how to open PNG file?

how to open PNG file?: how to open png file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-open-png-file/972786e8-87da-4e14-a5ac-e97a09a7be86"
  10. How to open PNG file

in Windows 10 Support
    How to open PNG file: Can someone advise me how to open PNG files please.....have tried converting them, but with no success.....the files are pictures from a live webcam on a holiday destination........am I able to view these ? I am sure I have done so before..........Del. 56797