Windows 10: Phone Link disconnects when a VPN connection is established

Discus and support Phone Link disconnects when a VPN connection is established in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Either a recent update from Nord or Microsoft is causing my Phone Link connection to go offline. It has worked fine since I first began using it when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jeff Tank1, Jan 6, 2023.

1. Phone Link disconnects when a VPN connection is established

Either a recent update from Nord or Microsoft is causing my Phone Link connection to go offline. It has worked fine since I first began using it when I upgraded to Windows 11 until the last few days. I added Phone Link to the apps list for Split Tunneling, but that did not fix the issue. When the VPN is active, it disconnects my phone from my PC and shows offline as the status. When I deactivate the VPN, it reconnects to my phone in a few seconds. I have also tried numerous other Nord VPN servers. Same problem.I searched through the other questions regarding this same problem, but there w

:)

Jeff Tank1, Jan 6, 2023
  2. evildog1 Win User

VPN: A connection to the remote computer could not be established

After i reseted the whole network, the VPN does not work anymore no matter how i configurated the VPN but it works in Virtual Machine. What i did was input these commands in cmd
    Code:
    Code:
    netsh winsock reset netsh int ip reset ipconfig /release ipconfig /renew ipconfig /flushdns
    Then open PC Settings -> Network -> Status and reset network
    Now VPN does not work anymore. Always saying "A connection to the remote computer could not be established. You might need to change the network."

Phone Link disconnects when a VPN connection is established 4BMnOlK.png

Here is the security settings configuration. NordVPN support told me that i must configure settings like that to work correctly.

Phone Link disconnects when a VPN connection is established EY0JZ1T.png

I tried PPTP VPN with default settings but it does not work too. Same error.

The internet says that WAM Miniport drivers could be corrupted. I uninstalled all WAM Miniport drivers and restart my computer. These drivers were installed but it doesn't solve the problem. Same error 720

Phone Link disconnects when a VPN connection is established WoQalCk.png

Here are the log from Event Viewer Code:
    Code:
    CoId={0BE099E6-3F7B-455B-84E0-8FF0E4A22BC3}: The user SYSTEM has successfully established a link to the Remote Access Server using the following device: Server address/Phone Number = (IP hidden)Device = WAN Miniport (L2TP)Port = VPN3-1MediaType = VPN. CoId={0BE099E6-3F7B-455B-84E0-8FF0E4A22BC3}: The link to the Remote Access Server has been established by user SYSTEM. CoId={0BE099E6-3F7B-455B-84E0-8FF0E4A22BC3}: The user SYSTEM dialed a connection named DE 126 which has failed. The error code returned on failure is 720. CoId={0BE099E6-3F7B-455B-84E0-8FF0E4A22BC3}: The user SYSTEM dialed a connection named DE 126 which has terminated. The reason code returned on termination is 631.

evildog1, Jan 6, 2023
  3. Knoxx29 Win User
    Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Jan 6, 2023
  4. Gary0 Win User

Phone Link disconnects when a VPN connection is established

Silent VPN Disconnection

Hello, Devlin,

Please find my replies to your questions and comments below.

Gary0, Jan 6, 2023
Thema:

Phone Link disconnects when a VPN connection is established

1. Phone Link disconnects when a VPN connection is established - Similar Threads - Phone Link disconnects

2. Phone Link Disconnects from ScreenMirroring after I've turned on the VPN on my phone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link Disconnects from ScreenMirroring after I've turned on the VPN on my phone: I know there is the thread same as this already, but I couldn't solve the problem with using that methods. I'm using the OPPO Reno 12 Pro and using the South Korean VPN called JLVpn can be found on the Mac AppStore and iOS AppStore and Google Play Store, and after trying all...
  3. Phone Link Disconnects from ScreenMirroring after I've turned on the VPN on my phone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone Link Disconnects from ScreenMirroring after I've turned on the VPN on my phone: I know there is the thread same as this already, but I couldn't solve the problem with using that methods. I'm using the OPPO Reno 12 Pro and using the South Korean VPN called JLVpn can be found on the Mac AppStore and iOS AppStore and Google Play Store, and after trying all...
  4. Phone Link disconnects when a VPN connection is established

Phone Link disconnects when a VPN connection is established: Either a recent update from Nord or Microsoft is causing my Phone Link connection to go offline. It has worked fine since I first began using it when I upgraded to Windows 11 until the last few days. I added Phone Link to the apps list for Split Tunneling, but that did not...
  5. Phone link and Nord VPN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone link and Nord VPN: My system: Windows 11 Pro 10.0.22621 Build 22621Phone: Samsung Flip 2 - android 13I've ran software updates on my pc and phone, the nord desktop client is the most recent version.I've recently subscribed to NordVPN and want to use the desktop app opposed to just running a...
  6. Phone link and Nord VPN

Phone link and Nord VPN: My system: Windows 11 Pro 10.0.22621 Build 22621Phone: Samsung Flip 2 - android 13I've ran software updates on my pc and phone, the nord desktop client is the most recent version.I've recently subscribed to NordVPN and want to use the desktop app opposed to just running a...
  7. Problems with establishing a VPN connection to the Intranet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problems with establishing a VPN connection to the Intranet: Hey, Short summary of what i am trying to do: To get access to my data on the univerity network i have to connect to the intranet via VPN. I have a servername, my username and password. At first i tried to connect with the recommended (by the uni) client "Aruba Virtual...
  8. When VPN Connects, WiFi Disconnects

When VPN Connects, WiFi Disconnects: Thank you for taking a look at my thread.. This has never been an issue that I am aware of.... but... when I connect my VPN my wifi seems to disconnect. When I disconnect VPN the Wifi resumes. My settings haven't changed and its always been fine. Now I see that if I enter...
  9. Can't establish VPN connection to my office

Can't establish VPN connection to my office: I've upgraded both my laptop and my desktop in my office to Windows 10 Pro (both were coming from Windows 8.1). VPN was working perfect before the upgrade. At current I can't establish a VPN connection to my office. The VPN server (at my office) is listening to port...
  10. VPN: A connection to the remote computer could not be established

VPN: A connection to the remote computer could not be established: After i reseted the whole network, the VPN does not work anymore no matter how i configurated the VPN but it works in Virtual Machine. What i did was input these commands in cmd Code: netsh winsock reset netsh int ip reset ipconfig /release ipconfig /renew ipconfig...