Windows 10: Phone Link calling

Discus and support Phone Link calling in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Can anyone offer suggestions about how I can improve my system to better utilize the calling feature of Phone Link. Calls cut in and out, people... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dale Webb, Dec 28, 2022.

1. Dale Webb Win User

Phone Link calling

Can anyone offer suggestions about how I can improve my system to better utilize the calling feature of Phone Link. Calls cut in and out, people complain they can't hear me, and I have a lot of problems with automated attendents. I am using my Webcam microphone for input and my Klipsch speakers for output. The microphone seems sensitive enough-the indicator responds well in Settings > System > Sounds > Microphone volume. As it is, I have to start the call in Phone Link and then switch to my phone on "speaker" to complete the call. Any ideas appreciated.

:)

Dale Webb, Dec 28, 2022
  2. bradavon Win User

Your Phone App: Ringtone and Call quality terrible?

Hi,

Anyone help with this? Thanks.

Windows 10 version: 1909 (Build: 18363.815)
    Your Phone App version: 1.20041.85.0
    Your Phone Companion Link to Windows app version: 1.20041.82.0
    Link to Windows Service version: 1.0.5.2.30

Samsung Galaxy S10: Android 10 / OneUI 2.1

It worked fine using my Surface Pro 4 but on my new Surface Pro X the Ringtone and Call Quality through the Your Phone app are terrible: Constant crackling, tapping whatever you want to call it. Kind of like coins being dropped.

All other aspects of Your Phone work wonderfully.

I've tried:

Phone:

1. Bluetooth: Unpairing the Surface Pro X
    2. Your Phone Companion App: Clearing Application Data/Cache
    Surface Pro X:

1. Settings -> Bluetooth: Unpairing the phone
    2. Settings -> Phone: Unlinking the phone
    3. Settings -> Apps: Your Phone App: Repair and Reset
    I then set it all up again which went through all fine.

I've also tried:

1. Device Manager -> All Bluetooth Drivers -> Update Driver
    2. Paired a Bluetooth speaker to my Surface Pro X. This works fine.
    I suspect the issue is related to the Your Phone App and Bluetooth but don't know where to check next?

Because the crackling noise seems to be bluetooth related.

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone?

Thanks

bradavon, Dec 28, 2022
  3. meebers Win User
    Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Mobile

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Dec 28, 2022
  4. Dos101 Win User

Phone Link calling

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Dec 28, 2022
Thema:

Phone Link calling

1. Phone Link calling - Similar Threads - Phone Link calling

2. Phone Link Calls arent working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link Calls arent working.: Hi there! I'm hoping someone can help me. I have a Surface Pro 8 running Windows 11 and my phone is a Samsung Zfold5 running Android 14 Samsung One UI 6.1. The Phone Link app works perfectly for everything except the calls screen. I've tried to uninstall and reinstall, and...
  3. Phone Link not working for Messaging or Calls

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link not working for Messaging or Calls: I Have an iPhone and am trying to set up my phone link and I have gotten it set up to the point that i am receiving notifications for everything however I cannot send messages, receive messages, or do anything relating to calls. All of my settings are on however when I go...
  4. Phone Link not working for Messaging or Calls

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone Link not working for Messaging or Calls: I Have an iPhone and am trying to set up my phone link and I have gotten it set up to the point that i am receiving notifications for everything however I cannot send messages, receive messages, or do anything relating to calls. All of my settings are on however when I go...
  5. Can't connect calls to Phone Link

Can't connect calls to Phone Link: I recently got my very first Samsung and was excited to try the Phone Link app. I am physically disabled and being able to use my phone on my computer makes it much more accessible. However, calls will not connect to the app. I get the little popup for calls, but it says...
  6. Phone Link Audio Call Quality

Phone Link Audio Call Quality: Hello, Before I start, I already tried everything on the Microsoft support knowledge base and forums...Just got a new Dell XPS 8960 w/Windows 11 Home/23H2. All updates Windows and drivers applied. I am trying to setup the Phone Link with my Google Pixel 6a Android Phone...
  7. Phone Link calling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link calling: Can anyone offer suggestions about how I can improve my system to better utilize the calling feature of Phone Link. Calls cut in and out, people complain they can't hear me, and I have a lot of problems with automated attendents. I am using my Webcam microphone for input and...
  8. Phone Link - Hide call banner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link - Hide call banner: Hi,How do I make the ongoing-call banner disappear? The fact it forces itself over everything is very annoying https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phone-link-hide-call-banner/5762ed30-e117-4646-8b39-69e8abb87514
  9. Microsoft Phone Link: Click to call

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Phone Link: Click to call: Is it possible to make a phone number on a Windows computer clickable and make Microsoft Phone Link to place a call to that number? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-phone-link-click-to-call/996a0e46-cd10-42fa-83fa-58a1dcd287f4
  10. Microsoft Phone Link: Click to call

Microsoft Phone Link: Click to call: Is it possible to make a phone number on a Windows computer clickable and make Microsoft Phone Link to place a call to that number? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-phone-link-click-to-call/996a0e46-cd10-42fa-83fa-58a1dcd287f4