Windows 10: Permissions error when trying to transfer files to a USB

Discus and support Permissions error when trying to transfer files to a USB in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Good day, I am having an issue with transferring files to a USB but the permissions are all in order, I am the owner, I have read and write permissions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Caleb Demas, Oct 7, 2024 at 9:27 AM.

1. Permissions error when trying to transfer files to a USB

Good day, I am having an issue with transferring files to a USB but the permissions are all in order, I am the owner, I have read and write permissions on the USB, when I try to paste a document onto the USB I get an error saying I do not have permission to do so, I am however able to copy files on the USB and transfer them to my desktop. I have backup all the data on the flash drive and tried to format the USB but do not have permission to do that either. Can someone please advise on how I go about resolving this error. I have only experienced this error on windows 11

:)

Caleb Demas, Oct 7, 2024 at 9:27 AM
Thema:

Permissions error when trying to transfer files to a USB

1. Permissions error when trying to transfer files to a USB - Similar Threads - Permissions error trying

2. Permissions error when trying to transfer files to a USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permissions error when trying to transfer files to a USB: Good day, I am having an issue with transferring files to a USB but the permissions are all in order, I am the owner, I have read and write permissions on the USB, when I try to paste a document onto the USB I get an error saying I do not have permission to do so, I am...
  3. Error messages when trying to change admin permissions.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error messages when trying to change admin permissions.: Windows 11, desktop PC. Just purchased PC. Tried using an external plug-in dvd drive. I inserted the software disk into the drive and the setup.exe file would not auto-run. Received the following error message:"An administrator has blocked you from running this application....
  4. Error messages when trying to change admin permissions.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error messages when trying to change admin permissions.: Windows 11, desktop PC. Just purchased PC. Tried using an external plug-in dvd drive. I inserted the software disk into the drive and the setup.exe file would not auto-run. Received the following error message:"An administrator has blocked you from running this application....
  5. USB file transfer error ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB file transfer error ?: I was copying some data to a USB flash drive and the copy did not complete.I pulled out the USB flash drive but now I keep getting this error message.How can I fix this ?...
  6. USB file transfer error ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB file transfer error ?: I was copying some data to a USB flash drive and the copy did not complete.I pulled out the USB flash drive but now I keep getting this error message.How can I fix this ?...
  7. USB file transfer error ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Permissions problems when trying to access my files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Permissions problems when trying to access my files: Hi I recently installed windows 10 on a new laptop and I connected my previous data hard drive to the laptop . I am trying to open files and folders on the previous drive and I getting messages about not having permission to access my files. I just went through the exact...
  9. Transfer files to USB stick

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfer files to USB stick: I am trying to copy a file from my computer to a flash drive usb stick to transfer the file to my laptop. My computer is using windows 10, nothing happens when I put the usb stick in the computer. I don't have a clue how to do this. Any help would be welcome....
  10. Permissions issue when trying to change file properties

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Permissions issue when trying to change file properties: Hi all - Problem Description: I have a number of media files from ripping/converting my DVDs to a drive that I use for streaming. Some of the older files I have have data in them in properties (Right click file, left click Properties, Details Tab) that for whatever...