Windows 10: Permanently deleting the library folder

Discus and support Permanently deleting the library folder in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Why can't I remove the library folder from the navigation pane on the file explorer. I already tried the "options->view" and unchecked the library box,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Bob11746, Jul 19, 2024.

1. Bob11746 Win User

Permanently deleting the library folder

Why can't I remove the library folder from the navigation pane on the file explorer. I already tried the "options->view" and unchecked the library box, but it has no effect. For that matter, the "network" folder has the same issue. I can't see a difference when the 'nav' box is checked or not. I just want to declutter my file explorer. For me, 99% of my searches are withing the document folder, I don't need quick access or folders duplicated in multiple places. Also, why are the "picture" and "music" folders within my "documents" folder visible? I can't expand them or see what is in t

:)

Bob11746, Jul 19, 2024

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Permanently deleting the library folder :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Permanently deleting the library folder :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Jul 19, 2024
  3. Delete folders in Libraries

I am trying to delete a folders under the library of Videos and Documents. These folders do not exist so I try to delete I get an error message.

Location is not available

So it will not let me delete this folder from the library.

Any ideas how to delete or remove these (ghost folders) that don't exist anymore and are still listed in my library.

Thanks.

oneview0505, Jul 19, 2024
  4. Permanently deleting the library folder

Delete a Library in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

I would suggest you to restore the Libraries and then try deleting the Library folder.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + E keys from the Keyboard to open the
      File Explorer.
    • Locate Libraries from the left pane.
    • Right click on Libraries and select Restore default libraries option from the list.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jul 19, 2024
Thema:

Permanently deleting the library folder

1. Permanently deleting the library folder - Similar Threads - Permanently deleting library

2. Permanently deleting the library folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Permanently deleting the library folder: Why can't I remove the library folder from the navigation pane on the file explorer. I already tried the "options->view" and unchecked the library box, but it has no effect. For that matter, the "network" folder has the same issue. I can't see a difference when the 'nav' box...
  3. How to delete the Windows.old folder PERMANENTLY?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to delete the Windows.old folder PERMANENTLY?: These two folders are annoying me, I'm unable to delete both of them. Both the folders are taking up too much space on the disk, around 5-6 GB. Whenever, I try to delete them permanently, I get a message that, you don't have the permissions because it's owned by the...
  4. Permanently delete the folders generated by windows10?

Permanently delete the folders generated by windows10?: How do you permanently delete the folders generated by windows10 such as 3D Objects, Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, Videos? I am sick of Windows10 defaulting to these folders. Basically I want to save files where I want to save them. I don't want an operating system...
  5. Names of permanently deleted files and folders.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Names of permanently deleted files and folders.: is it possible to access Names of permanently deleted files in folder? I accidentaly removed lots of files in my downloads folder, as soon as TRIM is enabled on my SSD it was impossible for me to recover removed files, so I'm interested if its possible to see names of...
  6. Permanently delete default folders

Permanently delete default folders: Every time I delete these folders they keep coming back. I don't need them. How do I stop them from being restored?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/permanently-delete-default-folders/d28689ae-92b2-4cc3-a600-657d66699eee"
  7. Library folder grows back after delete

Library folder grows back after delete: Some process keeps recreating a "Public Music" folder in it's former location after removal from the library, network shares and deletion from disk. The folder is empty, but it's in a partition where I really don't want Windows inserting things. It will not also not allow...
  8. Folder in library does not exist, cannot delete library folder

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Folder in library does not exist, cannot delete library folder: The first clue that I have an issue. After doing a backup, the error log said "Backup encountered a problem while backing up file D:\Documents\Pictures. Error*SadSTATUS_WAIT_3 (0x80070003))"The Pictures Library contains a folder pointing to D:\Documents\Pictures, however,...
  9. How to delete an empty folder from a library?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to delete an empty folder from a library?: . The attached screenshot shows an empty Downloads folder in a Win XP-type of folder setup. I accidentally moved this empty folder from my C:\Users folder. The folder is empty because my Downloads are actually on the E partition, as you can see from the screenshot. The...
  10. Removing folder from library without deleting it

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Removing folder from library without deleting it: One of my folders appears in 2 libraries. If I delete the folder from the wrong library, it gets actually deleted from both libraries AND ALSO FROM MY "DOCUMENTS" and sent to the bin. How can I remove it from that wrong library but not from my Documents nor from my other...