Windows 10: pdfs keep being saved a .21 files

Discus and support pdfs keep being saved a .21 files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; i have tried everything. i have tried to reset the file extension by making a text.exe and pointing it to that. that kind of clears the problem, but a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RayPreston, May 21, 2021.

1. pdfs keep being saved a .21 files

i have tried everything. i have tried to reset the file extension by making a text.exe and pointing it to that. that kind of clears the problem, but a soon as I try to make another pdf, its back as a .21 file. **** is going on, this started yesterday and I only found out when a client could not read

:)

RayPreston, May 21, 2021

2. microsoft print to pdf files will not open after saving

We suggest that you save the PDF files on your device and check if the issue persists. You may also want to associate the PDF files to Microsoft Edge as the default program to make sure that you have a default application that will open all of your PDF files.
    Here are the steps:

• Search for Default Programs.
    • Go to Associate a file type or protocol with a program.
    • Select the .pdf file type and then click the Change program button on the upper right of the
      Set Associations window.
    • Choose Microsoft Edge and then click OK.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jamille Nar, May 21, 2021
  3. Anna Bon Win User
    PDF

Hello,

Regarding your PDF documents, the location will be based on where you saved the files. For your second inquiry, your documents can be converted to a PDF. If the original file is from Office Word, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• In Word, select File > Save As.

• Select where you want to save the file.

• Type a new File name if you want.

• For Save as type, select PDF.

• For Optimize for, select an option: Standard or
      Minimum Size.

• Select Open File After Publishing, if you want to open the file after you save it as a PDF. This is selected by default.

• Select Save.
    If the steps provided is not working, please get back to us with the exact version of your Office Word.

Let us know the result of the suggested steps.

Thank you.

Anna Bon, May 21, 2021
  4. pdfs keep being saved a .21 files

save Fresh Paint file to PDF

Hi JuliaMPSimmons,

You can save your picture printing it as a PDF.

Follow these steps:

• Open your picture using the Fresh Paint app
    • Click the printer icon

pdfs keep being saved a .21 files c78a352c-deab-4dc0-9e59-8e6000858329.png

• Then, choose "Microsoft Print to PDF" as printer

pdfs keep being saved a .21 files 497b9815-9805-469f-8db1-094f6818a835.png

• Carry on and print your picture as a PDF
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you've already saved your picture as a *.png/*.jpg/... file, you can equally print the file that you have as a PDF (using "Microsoft Print to PDF").

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I hope it was helpful.

Cheers!

Alberto Giura (AlbyTech), May 21, 2021
Thema:

pdfs keep being saved a .21 files

1. pdfs keep being saved a .21 files - Similar Threads - pdfs keep being

2. Files and PDFs Keep Reappearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files and PDFs Keep Reappearing: So I am at my company and I create files on my Desktop and when I am done with the folder I then move them to a a shared network folder that we use at our company. the transaction is complete and the folders are no longer on my desktop. But after a couple of days or so I then...
  3. Files and PDFs Keep Reappearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files and PDFs Keep Reappearing: So I am at my company and I create files on my Desktop and when I am done with the folder I then move them to a a shared network folder that we use at our company. the transaction is complete and the folders are no longer on my desktop. But after a couple of days or so I then...
  4. Files and PDFs Keep Reappearing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. file not being saved to quick access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file not being saved to quick access: I have a excel file that is no longer being saved to quick access. It was being saved until a few days ago and I use it regularly. I know quick access is working because it saves other files. So I don't know why this particular excel file is no longer being saved. What should...
  6. file not being saved to quick access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file not being saved to quick access: I have a excel file that is no longer being saved to quick access. It was being saved until a few days ago and I use it regularly. I know quick access is working because it saves other files. So I don't know why this particular excel file is no longer being saved. What should...
  7. I have just discovered that many pdfs and Word files are being saved in the photos library,...

I have just discovered that many pdfs and Word files are being saved in the photos library,...: Why are pdf files and Word files now being saved to photo libraries? Why are non-document files software eg saving to documents library? Why do I have TWO user names, one numerical?I save to Desktop, and have always avoided the extra steps necessary to open a library. This is...
  8. Why are my files being saved as a .21 File?

Why are my files being saved as a .21 File?: Why are my files being saved as a .21 File instead of just as a .pdf?! When i send documents to others, they have issues trying to open them, and that is how i found out that EVERY time i save a pdf document, it is being saved as a .21 file automatically. I have researched...
  9. Not being able to save files in drive

Not being able to save files in drive: Ive had this problem from a long time, but it is that i cannot save files at my 2nd hard drive. Local Disk C: ended space and i need some, but i cant download stuff nor save stuff there. Any help?[ATTACH]...
  10. Saving PDFs

Saving PDFs: I tried saving a PDF in a folder with the symbol # in the name and when i try to open the PDF if shows an error. However if i rename the folder the PDF is saved in to anything the doesnt have the # symbol then the PDF opens fine. I am using the new Surface pro X. Its not a...