Windows 10: PC stuck in repair boot loop

Discus and support PC stuck in repair boot loop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I have an i7-6700k with a MSI Z170A gaming m3 mobo, and 32 gigs of Corsair dom plat ram normally running at 3100mhz, rated at 3200. I tried moving... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Pandaru 9018, Nov 16, 2023.

1. PC stuck in repair boot loop

Hi, I have an i7-6700k with a MSI Z170A gaming m3 mobo, and 32 gigs of Corsair dom plat ram normally running at 3100mhz, rated at 3200. I tried moving the speeds up to 3200,but now my computer is stuck in the auto repair boot loop and i cant do ANYTHING. It won't allow me to reset either. I don't know what I did or why it's doing this. I've tried using a different set of ram, using only one stick, multiple things and nothing works. I'm really stuck and need help.

:)

Pandaru 9018, Nov 16, 2023
  2. David Haz Win User

Windows 10 Repair Boot Loop

Hi Jed,

If your computer is stuck in a boot-loop state of Windows, it could mean that automatic repair isn't able to repair a corrupted or broken system file, but attempts to repair it over and over again. For us to assist you properly in resolving this boot-loop
    state, kindly respond to the questions below:

• Did the issue occur even after removing the USB wireless mouse?
    • Aside from running DISM, what other troubleshooting steps have you done? This is for us to know and to avoid any duplication of efforts on your end.

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, Nov 16, 2023
  3. archz2 Win User
    Stuck in startup repair boot loop, C drive is in RAW  

I am not getting that error now. So I don't remember the exact words. Now after 'preparing for automatic repair' and spinning dots, windows starts and I see this screen.
    PC stuck in repair boot loop 370200d1656765791t-stuck-startup-repair-boot-loop-c-drive-raw-img20220702181145.jpg
    After running startup repair using the bootable win 10 usb, I got this error.
    PC stuck in repair boot loop 370201d1656765811t-stuck-startup-repair-boot-loop-c-drive-raw-img20220702180557.jpg
    How do I check esp partition and what exactly do I check in it? How do I format it and recreate the boot critical files? Please share step by step methods.I'm doing all this for the first time.

archz2, Nov 16, 2023
  4. archz2 Win User

PC stuck in repair boot loop

Stuck in startup repair boot loop, C drive is in RAW  

Okay. I'll try with disk genius. - - - Updated - - - Okay I tried this command with disk genius.
    PC stuck in repair boot loop 370275d1656825350t-stuck-startup-repair-boot-loop-c-drive-raw-2.png
    I got this result.
    PC stuck in repair boot loop 370277d1656825368t-stuck-startup-repair-boot-loop-c-drive-raw-1.png
    Then I tried this command.
    PC stuck in repair boot loop 370279d1656825389t-stuck-startup-repair-boot-loop-c-drive-raw-3.png
    and got this result.
    PC stuck in repair boot loop 370280d1656825402t-stuck-startup-repair-boot-loop-c-drive-raw-4.png
    I forgot to mention earlier. 1 hour back, when I checked my C drive it is back to normal. I was able to run chkdsk /f and /r These analyses were done after that. The issue hasn't got resolved yet and I'm still stuck on the startup repair loop. - - - Updated - - - Okay. So I eventually created an image of my C partition using Macrium Reflect PE environment. Everything went fine. For some unknown reason, the image was of approximately 100gb in size whereas my C partition was occupied upto almost 175 GB. Then I booted using the windows 10 USB and deleted all the partitions of the C drive during the installation menu that asks for the location of windows 10. Then I chose the newly formatted C partition to install windows. The installation went fine. I got to the desktop wallpaper screens and icons. Then I booted using Macrium and restored using the image file. After I restarted my laptop. I got this error.
    PC stuck in repair boot loop 370286d1656838298t-stuck-startup-repair-boot-loop-c-drive-raw-img20220703131655.jpg
    After pressing enter, I got this.
    PC stuck in repair boot loop 370287d1656838318t-stuck-startup-repair-boot-loop-c-drive-raw-img20220703131707.jpg
    Then I checked in the boot menu of my BIOS. To my surprise, my SSD was not listed in the boot menu. Don’t know why.
    PC stuck in repair boot loop 370288d1656838343t-stuck-startup-repair-boot-loop-c-drive-raw-img20220703131841.jpg
    Then I booted using Win 10 USB, and ran sfc scannow. I also ran DISM, trying to restore the image from the official windows files present on the usb drive and got these results.
    PC stuck in repair boot loop 370289d1656838382t-stuck-startup-repair-boot-loop-c-drive-raw-img20220703133927.jpg
    Upon checking the volume information, I got this.
    PC stuck in repair boot loop 370290d1656838415t-stuck-startup-repair-boot-loop-c-drive-raw-img20220703134652.jpg
    I also tried to fix the bcd using the following commands. bcdboot c:\Windows /s Z: /f ALL The letter Z was assigned to the 100mb ESP partition on the D drive Now this 100mb partition is present on my D drive (SATA). The bcd fixing went well. I got the message ‘Boot files successfully created’ Unfortunately I didn’t click a photograph of the result. Now I booted again in windows and I am seeing this result.
    PC stuck in repair boot loop 370291d1656838480t-stuck-startup-repair-boot-loop-c-drive-raw-img20220703135134.jpg
    After pressing enter, I got this.
    PC stuck in repair boot loop 370292d1656838513t-stuck-startup-repair-boot-loop-c-drive-raw-img20220703135308.jpg
    Now I am stuck and absolutely clueless about my next step. Please advise.

archz2, Nov 16, 2023
Thema:

PC stuck in repair boot loop

1. PC stuck in repair boot loop - Similar Threads - stuck repair boot

2. Pc stuck in auto repair loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc stuck in auto repair loop: I've tried everything but nothing works I've tried restarting it troubleshooting it but it goes back to auto repair https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-stuck-in-auto-repair-loop/1093df3b-35b1-4f3a-bb65-1c3b94bdc2e9
  3. Pc stuck in auto repair loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc stuck in auto repair loop: I've tried everything but nothing works I've tried restarting it troubleshooting it but it goes back to auto repair https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-stuck-in-auto-repair-loop/1093df3b-35b1-4f3a-bb65-1c3b94bdc2e9
  4. PC stuck in repair boot loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC stuck in repair boot loop: Hi, I have an i7-6700k with a MSI Z170A gaming m3 mobo, and 32 gigs of Corsair dom plat ram normally running at 3100mhz, rated at 3200. I tried moving the speeds up to 3200,but now my computer is stuck in the auto repair boot loop and i cant do ANYTHING. It won't allow me to...
  5. PC stuck in boot loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC stuck in boot loop: The last time i had my pc on it installed a windows update and turned itself off afterwards. The next day i tried to turn it on but it wouldn’t accept my PIN or password and soon after that everytime i restarted it it comes up with a “Your PC did not start correctly” error....
  6. Stuck in boot loop automatic repair.

Stuck in boot loop automatic repair.: My laptop ran out of charge and turned off automatically. When i turned it on it showed "preparing automatic repair" and shows this blue screen.when i clicked continue it brought me back to the same blue screen. Plz help me What should I do?[IMG]...
  7. PC stuck on boot loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC stuck on boot loop: So i was trying to reset my pc because i bought it used. I tried resetting it, It was going ok until i needed more storage i dont dont if this could be a reason right now but it reset and i clicked windows 10 volume 7 because that was the only option it gave me and after that...
  8. PC stuck in boot loop

PC stuck in boot loop: Hi there. So i recently updated my graphics card driver and i think i’ve installed one which isn’t compatible with my graphics card as once my pc restarted, it would load the bios screen just fine but then fail to load Windows 10 and instead freeze on a static-like screen....
  9. PC stuck in automatic repair loop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC stuck in automatic repair loop: Hello, I moved my PC recently and I forget to turn of the computer before unplugging it so I our it up stairs and once I plugged it tried to use the automatic repair but it popped up a blue screen saying my PC didn't start up correctly. I've tried nearly everything except...
  10. PC stuck in automatic repair loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC stuck in automatic repair loop: Hello, I wanted to format my SD Card (it is 4 partitions in EXT4), so opened diskmgmt and tried to delete all sd partitions. My PC's keyboard frozen, so i restarted pc and it keep restarting until I realized it is in boot loop, and i power off and power on pc. And windows...