Windows 10: PC Stuck in a loop while factory resetting

Discus and support PC Stuck in a loop while factory resetting in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am factory resetting this old PC laptop, and it's stuck on the screen with the Windows logo and the spinning progress wheel. It's been on 26 percent... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Michael Atkins-Prescott, Jul 10, 2024.

1. PC Stuck in a loop while factory resetting

I am factory resetting this old PC laptop, and it's stuck on the screen with the Windows logo and the spinning progress wheel. It's been on 26 percent for a couple of hours now. Can I restart it? Will that get it unstuck?

:)

Michael Atkins-Prescott, Jul 10, 2024
  2. Corvs Win User

Stuck In Set Up Loop After Factory Reset

Thanks, I can look at that now I'm on a laptop. Here was the screen tapping F11:

PC Stuck in a loop while factory resetting 238027d1561155845t-stuck-set-up-loop-after-factory-reset-img_1114.jpg

and this was the system before restoring it:

PC Stuck in a loop while factory resetting 238030d1561155981t-stuck-set-up-loop-after-factory-reset-img_0767.jpg

Corvs, Jul 10, 2024
  3. Stuck in a factory reset loop

Hi I'm stuck in the windows choose and operating system part after I factory reset my computer and I wants me to pick an account but since I factory reset it there is no account and I'm stuck in a loop

Guest Profile Guest, Jul 10, 2024
  4. Corvs Win User

PC Stuck in a loop while factory resetting

Stuck In Set Up Loop After Factory Reset

Product: Pavillion 550-103na
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-Bit)

So after having an absolute nightmare not being allowed to factory reset, I finally managed to get it to do it by selecting only drives with Windows installed instead of all drives. It seemed to reset OK. But it got worse, now I start the PC, it gets the black screen and the HP logo, it then goes to a blue screen asking for location, click next, it says error and needs an update, click next to connect to WiFi as instructed and it restarts itself and loops back to the first screen asking for location. I don't have an external drive or anything, what can I do to get this set up again? It was bought in 2107 but barely used, it's practically brand new from lack of use so I just don't understand the problem.

PC Stuck in a loop while factory resetting 237926d1561072327t-stuck-set-up-loop-after-factory-reset-img_1100.jpg

PC Stuck in a loop while factory resetting 237927d1561072327t-stuck-set-up-loop-after-factory-reset-img_1099.jpg

Corvs, Jul 10, 2024
Thema:

PC Stuck in a loop while factory resetting

1. PC Stuck in a loop while factory resetting - Similar Threads - Stuck loop while

2. PC Stuck in a loop while factory resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Stuck in a loop while factory resetting: I am factory resetting this old PC laptop, and it's stuck on the screen with the Windows logo and the spinning progress wheel. It's been on 26 percent for a couple of hours now. Can I restart it? Will that get it unstuck?...
  3. PC Stuck in a loop while factory resetting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Stuck in a loop while factory resetting: I am factory resetting this old PC laptop, and it's stuck on the screen with the Windows logo and the spinning progress wheel. It's been on 26 percent for a couple of hours now. Can I restart it? Will that get it unstuck?...
  4. Stuck in a factory reset loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in a factory reset loop: Hi I'm stuck in the windows choose and operating system part after I factory reset my computer and I wants me to pick an account but since I factory reset it there is no account and I'm stuck in a loop...
  5. Stuck in a factory reset loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck in a factory reset loop: Hi I'm stuck in the windows choose and operating system part after I factory reset my computer and I wants me to pick an account but since I factory reset it there is no account and I'm stuck in a loop...
  6. Stuck in a factory reset loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. PC stuck While Factory Resetting

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC stuck While Factory Resetting: My Windows 10 Laptop has been stuck in a State Of the Asus Logo start up and then restarting. This happened when I Followed One Of your tips when my Percentage was stuck at 89 for 10 minutes straight. It was the hold down power button method. How do I fix this?...
  8. Laptop stuck while factory resetting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop stuck while factory resetting: I'm reseting my laptop but its stuck rotating between 3 different screens, the progress screen, HP loading screen, and a welcome loading screen. Its been like this for at least 6 hours and I'm not sure whether I should just wait or find another solution. submitted by...
  9. After Factory Reset, stuck in a Loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After Factory Reset, stuck in a Loop: Hello! My computer was encountering some issues so I decided to factory reset it, to make sure that I could properly install everything I needed to help it run optimally. I stuck in my USB with Windows 10 Home on it and I effectively restored the computer to its factory...
  10. Stuck in loop after Factory Reset

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck in loop after Factory Reset: So I went ahead and factory reset after not using the PC in a while, and it being slow when I last used it about a year or so ago. It is a Dell Inspiron 3252. Now my issue is the loop I'm stuck in. It first prompts me with the "Hi there" screen, asking me to set up country...