Windows 10: PC screen freezing/crashing after closing games

Discus and support PC screen freezing/crashing after closing games in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My PC crashes/freezes after closing games. Sometimes very soon after sometimes 10 minutes later and sometimes never.The crashes/freezes come in a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by agentFLO, Aug 17, 2022.

1. agentFLO Win User

PC screen freezing/crashing after closing games

My PC crashes/freezes after closing games. Sometimes very soon after sometimes 10 minutes later and sometimes never.The crashes/freezes come in a few forms. Most often the screen will freeze and the system is unresponsive, sound stops etc. Sometimes the screen will turn black, sound will continue for a short moment and then stop. It has never BSOD on me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

agentFLO, Aug 17, 2022
  2. home pc1 Win User

As the title describes, my PC crashes/freezes after closing games. Sometimes very soon after sometimes 10 minutes later and sometimes never.

The crashes/freezes come in a few forms. Most often the screen will freeze and the system is unresponsive, sound stops etc. Sometimes the screen will turn black, sound will continue for a short moment and then stop. It has never BSOD on me.

I feel as though its the graphics card but I am unsure. I recently re installed Windows 10 in an attempt to clean up any possible driver issues but the crashes persist, inconsistently. My ram is running its XMP profile, my CPU is not overclocked.

My specs are:

CPU: AMD A4 8350B R5

RAM: 8GB DDR3

GPU: AMD R5 240

Storage: SATA SSD (empty currently), SATA HDD

It is also worth noting that these crashes started after installing GPU and SSD.

Thanks for the help PC screen freezing/crashing after closing games :)

home pc1, Aug 17, 2022
  3. Nawaf 911 Win User

Hello,

As the title describes, my PC crashes/freezes after closing games. Sometimes very soon after sometimes 10 minutes later and sometimes later.

The crashes/freezes come in as the screen will freeze and the system is unresponsive or extremely slow and when I checked my sensors I found out my CPU frequency dropped to only 500 MHz & sometime I will manage to open AMD Ryzen Master quickly so I can re-apply the Auto OC mode and if I do that the CPU frequency ramps up to the normal state but most of the time I have to actually restart the PC using the hard restart button!!

Please note all drivers & BIOS are up to date, the PC is almost new with topline hardware and water cooling as well as all drivers are direct from the source also this PC in particular, is dedicated to games only so not many apps at all.

Please find the link for my minidumps file:

Derzeit nicht verfügbar, bitte versuchen Sie es später erneut.

My specs are:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X

RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 3600Mhz DDR4 C14

MOBO: ASUS ROG COROSSHAIR VIII FORMULA

GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3090 GAMING OC

PSU: Corsair 1000D (Dual System Setup)

Storage: 4x M.2 SSD (dedicated one for boot), SATA SSD For Some games, 1x HDD WD Black for General storage.

It is also worth noting that these crashes started around a week ago & I was trying to find a solution myself but I can't find one.

Please assist ASAP on urgent bases.

Best Regards.

Nawaf 911, Aug 17, 2022
  4. PC screen freezing/crashing after closing games

As the title describes, my PC crashes/freezes after closing games. Sometimes very soon after sometimes 10 minutes later and sometimes never.

The crashes/freezes come in a few forms. Most often the screen will freeze and the system is unresponsive, sound stops etc. Sometimes the screen will turn black, sound will continue for a short moment and then stop. It has never BSOD on me.

I feel as though its the graphics card but I am unsure. I recently re installed Windows 10 in an attempt to clean up any possible driver issues but the crashes persist, inconsistently. My ram is running its XMP profile, my CPU is not overclocked, although I think PBO is on and my GPU is undervolted by about 100mv and running a custom fan curve (though this has been stable for over a year).

I have tried everything I know but I am at a loss. I have looked through event viewer, reliability history and have tried to interpret the minidumps, but I have no clue what I am reading. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My specs are:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

RAM: 16GB Kingston 3333Mhz DDR4

MOBO: MSI B450M PRO M2 MAX

GPU: MSI Armour GTX 1660ti

PSU: Corsair CX550M (about a year old, replaced an old green label cx500)

Storage: M.2 SSD (boot), SATA SSD (empty currently), Couple of hard drives for games

It is also worth noting that these crashes started months ago, but I didn't use my computer for a while because I was away at University.

Thanks for the help PC screen freezing/crashing after closing games :)

AndrewMarsh5, Aug 17, 2022
Thema:

1. PC screen freezing/crashing after closing games - Similar Threads - screen freezing crashing

2. PC screen freezing/crashing after closing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC screen freezing/crashing after closing games: As the title describes, my PC crashes/freezes after closing games. Sometimes very soon after sometimes 10 minutes later and sometimes never.The crashes/freezes come in a few forms. Most often the screen will freeze and the system is unresponsive, sound stops etc. Sometimes...
  3. PC screen freezing/crashing after closing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC screen freezing/crashing after closing games: My PC crashes/freezes after closing games. Sometimes very soon after sometimes 10 minutes later and sometimes never.The crashes/freezes come in a few forms. Most often the screen will freeze and the system is unresponsive, sound stops etc. Sometimes the screen will turn...
  4. PC screen freezing/crashing after closing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC screen freezing/crashing after closing games: My PC crashes/freezes after closing games. Sometimes very soon after sometimes 10 minutes later and sometimes never.The crashes/freezes come in a few forms. Most often the screen will freeze and the system is unresponsive, sound stops etc. Sometimes the screen will turn...
  5. PC screen freezing/crashing after closing games

PC screen freezing/crashing after closing games: As the title describes, my PC crashes/freezes after closing games. Sometimes very soon after sometimes 10 minutes later and sometimes never.The crashes/freezes come in a few forms. Most often the screen will freeze and the system is unresponsive, sound stops etc. Sometimes...
  6. PC screen freezing/crashing after closing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. PC screen freezing/crashing after closing games

8. PC screen freezing/crashing after closing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC screen freezing/crashing after closing games: Hello,As the title describes, my PC crashes/freezes after closing games. Sometimes very soon after sometimes 10 minutes later and sometimes later.The crashes/freezes come in as the screen will freeze and the system is unresponsive or extremely slow and when I checked my...
  9. PC screen freezing/crashing after closing games

PC screen freezing/crashing after closing games: Hello,As the title describes, my PC crashes/freezes after closing games. Sometimes very soon after sometimes 10 minutes later and sometimes later.The crashes/freezes come in as the screen will freeze and the system is unresponsive or extremely slow and when I checked my...
  10. PC screen freezing/crashing after closing games

PC screen freezing/crashing after closing games: As the title describes, my PC crashes/freezes after closing games. Sometimes very soon after sometimes 10 minutes later and sometimes never. The crashes/freezes come in a few forms. Most often the screen will freeze and the system is unresponsive, sound stops etc. Sometimes...