Windows 10: PC randomly crashes, driver or hardware issue?

Discus and support PC randomly crashes, driver or hardware issue? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello everyone,my PC randomly crashes/freezes mid game with not much info about these crashes in the event log. Only unexpected shutdown and kernel id... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Johannes Kessenjohann, Sep 1, 2024.

1. PC randomly crashes, driver or hardware issue?

Hello everyone,my PC randomly crashes/freezes mid game with not much info about these crashes in the event log. Only unexpected shutdown and kernel id 41 power off. The screen freezes first and turns black afterwards, sometimes the audio loops a few times before shutting down.Games where this has happened: R6 Siege, Metro Exodus, Darksiders Genesis, Deadlock, PvZ GW2This never happened in any benchmark like, Cinebench, FurMark, 3D Mark and memtest86.PC Specs:Ryzen 7 7800x3D stock no OCNoctua NH-D15SG.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 2x 16GB DDR5-6000 EXPO disabled, 4800MSI MPG B650 Carbon Wifi BI

:)

Johannes Kessenjohann, Sep 1, 2024

2. PC Randomly Crashing

Hi, It may be several reasons behind the computer crashing randomly like a driver issue, operating system issue, excess heat up, hardware miss configuration and insufficient RAM. As you said you have stable power so track
    one of these reasons which is a perfect cause behind the random system crashes. You can check manually and will able to fix it. But before I will suggest you take backup of your system. It may be possible for data loss situation. Thanks

SandraMcgray, Sep 1, 2024
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Multiple BSOD hardware issue or driver issue ?

Hi Iriszer0,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

To have a better clarity on the issue and guide you accordingly, respond to the question listed below.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?

I suggest you to try the steps listed in
    troubleshoot blue screen errors
    and check if it works.

Meanwhile you may also go through:

1. troubleshoot CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION
    2. troubleshoot CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED
    3. troubleshoot SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

Regards,

Junaid_A, Sep 1, 2024
  4. PC randomly crashes, driver or hardware issue?

PC will randomly crash with no BSOD. Please help.

Hello Microsoft Community,

I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out for urgent assistance with a longstanding issue that has been plaguing my PC for months. the problem is that my computer tends to crash randomly without any discernible cause or consistency. I have made several attempts to troubleshoot and resolve the issue, but so far, I haven't been able to pinpoint the root cause. I also cannot remember when exactly this issue began.

Here's a summary of what I've tried and observed, although not all-inclusive as this has been going on for a while now and i've attempted mutiple resolutions:

1. Windows and Driver Updates:
      • Windows is up to date.
      • All drivers, including GPU drivers, are current.
    2. Hardware Diagnostics:
      • I've run comprehensive hardware diagnostics with no reported issues.
    3. Temperature Analysis:
      • While I haven't confirmed with third-party software, the crashes don't seem to be temperature-related, occurring even at low temperatures.
    4. Power Supply:
      • The power supply is functioning correctly, though I haven't confirmed with third-party software.
    5. Event Viewer Insights:
      • The Event Viewer shows a recurring critical error (EventID 41) with no specific cause mentioned.
    6. SFC and DISM:
      • System File Checker (SFC) and Deployment Image Service and Management Tool (DISM) scans have returned clear results.
    7. Malware Scans:
      • Full scans with Malwarebytes have found no issues.
    8. BIOS Update:
      • The BIOS is updated to the latest version.
    PC Specifications:

• Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 5 1600X, 34 °C
      • Summit Ridge 14nm Technology
    • RAM:
      • 32.0GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @ 1599MHz (14-14-14-34)
    • Motherboard:
      • ASRock X370 Professional Gaming (AM4), 45 °C
    • Graphics:
      • HP N270h (1920x1080@60Hz)
      • SE2717H/HX (1920x1080@60Hz)
      • S24R35xFZ (1920x1080@60Hz)
      • 4095MB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 (NVIDIA), 55 °C
    • Storage:
      • 1863GB Seagate ST2000DM006-2DM164 (SATA), 42 °C
      • 232GB Samsung SSD 960 EVO 250GB (Unknown (SSD))
      • 931GB Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB (Unknown (SSD))
    • Optical Drives:
      • No optical disk drives detected
    • Audio:
      • CORSAIR HS80 RGB Wireless Gaming Headset
    Additional Information:

• Minidump files are enabled but do not generate upon these crashes.
    Recent Observations:

• The crashes persist, happening even during simple tasks like internet browsing.
    • Previous attempts to resolve the issue, including uninstalling Razor Synapse due to a failed stress test, have not provided a lasting solution.
    • As a network admin with various IT certifications, I've exhausted my troubleshooting capabilities.
    Considerations:

• A complete PC reset is the only unexplored option, but I'm hesitant due to the risk of data loss and the time-consuming process of reinstalling and reconfiguring.
    • Financial constraints make purchasing a new PC challenging at the moment.
    I would greatly appreciate any insights or suggestions from the community. If there are specific diagnostic steps or information that might help narrow down the issue, please share your expertise. Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.

Best regards,

Nathan

NathanJeffcoat, Sep 1, 2024
Thema:

PC randomly crashes, driver or hardware issue?

1. PC randomly crashes, driver or hardware issue? - Similar Threads - randomly crashes driver

2. PC randomly crashes, driver or hardware issue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC randomly crashes, driver or hardware issue?: Hello everyone,my PC randomly crashes/freezes mid game with not much info about these crashes in the event log. Only unexpected shutdown and kernel id 41 power off. The screen freezes first and turns black afterwards, sometimes the audio loops a few times before shutting...
  3. Ongoing PC Issues with Random BSOD Crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ongoing PC Issues with Random BSOD Crashes: Hello! I've been having BSOD crashes that happen very randomly since late May to Early June. This is an ongoing issue that I'm hoping I can fix, and I've done TONS of scans, fixes, reset windows 10 and I even reinstalled Windows 10.I had a friend help me out, but nothing we...
  4. Ongoing PC Issues with Random BSOD Crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ongoing PC Issues with Random BSOD Crashes: Hello! I've been having BSOD crashes that happen very randomly since late May to Early June. This is an ongoing issue that I'm hoping I can fix, and I've done TONS of scans, fixes, reset windows 10 and I even reinstalled Windows 10.I had a friend help me out, but nothing we...
  5. Ongoing PC Issues with Random BSOD Crashes

6. PC Freezes Randomly - Hardware issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Freezes Randomly - Hardware issue?: Hello,Need advise on issue where my PC randomly freezes. The freeze in my case isnt a complete freeze, where I can still move, click my mouse and even trigger windows button from my keyboard. However when I click on the action, for example restart or turn off the computer, it...
  7. PC Freezes Randomly - Hardware issue?

PC Freezes Randomly - Hardware issue?: Hello,Need advise on issue where my PC randomly freezes. The freeze in my case isnt a complete freeze, where I can still move, click my mouse and even trigger windows button from my keyboard. However when I click on the action, for example restart or turn off the computer, it...
  8. Hardware issue or driver?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hardware issue or driver?: My W10 PC (Build 10.0.18362 Build 18362) has been acting buggy for a few days now. I scanned with multiple security products including Malwarbytes Bitdefender and others and Im not finding anything. I first noticed a problem while running Handbrake. It would just quit within...
  9. Driver/hardware issues.

Driver/hardware issues.: Hello My old mentor built me a gaming desktop a little over a year ago and there is one big issue that I have been trying to figure out but I can't find any solutions that work. Here are the specs of my computer before I begin: OS: Windows 10 PRo System Manufacturer:...
  10. WiFi Driver/Hardware Issue

WiFi Driver/Hardware Issue: Hello Community! My Question is related to WiFi hardwrae or driver. My laptop specifications are: Dell Inspiron 5570 Service Tag: GP05ZL2 I installed driver from Dell Website. I encountered blue screen error. I had to force shut down the system. Then I went to BIOS, and...