Windows 10: PC random black screen crashes

Discus and support PC random black screen crashes in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Dear support,For the last few weeks I have had numerous problems with my pc because it was crashing out of nowhere, multiple times a day.It started a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DarKeanu, Jun 12, 2024.

1. DarKeanu Win User

PC random black screen crashes

Dear support,For the last few weeks I have had numerous problems with my pc because it was crashing out of nowhere, multiple times a day.It started a month ago, gradually. I would only get 1-2 crashes a day, usually the first hour when I booted my pc. If it didnt crash in the first hour, my pc would usually be fine for the remaining time of the day.But this got worse and worse to the point where my system had to undergo a complete factory reset it was unusable, crashed every 15 mins.The crashes were sudden black screens where my pc remained on, fans were going, rgb was still on etc. I could

:)

DarKeanu, Jun 12, 2024

2. PC crash to black screen

Hi Andrew,

Your concern regarding the black/blank screen issue after updating the graphics card can be caused by a change on the device settings or corrupted system files. As an initial step to isolate your concern, we suggest that you perform the methods suggested
    on this support article. Select the option that's related to your concern to view the appropriate steps.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Jun 12, 2024
  3. vinsterX Win User
    Random Crash/Freeze on Build 10130

Hello everyone.

I have been running the Windows 10 preview for the last few months and other than a driver issue here or there, did not experience any real problems. However, with the last update to build 10130, I have been experiencing a random crash/freeze that manifests itself in one of two ways:

1. If I step away from the computer and come back before the monitor is set to go to sleep, I will come back to a frozen cursor, unable to do anything.
    2. If I step away from the computer and come back after the monitor has gone to sleep, I will come back to a black screen, unable to do anything.
    In both cases, I have to hold the power button in to shut down the computer for a restart.

Any direction or help would be greatly appreciated.

vinsterX, Jun 12, 2024
  4. PC random black screen crashes

at random, monitor turns black and computer crashes

At seemingly random moments, my monitor will suddenly turn black, and then my computer will crash and automatically restart. Sometimes I will hear audio from programs when the screen turns black, other times the speakers will make a buzzing noise. Sometimes my PC will go a few days without crashing; other times my PC will crash multiple times in an hour.

Interestingly, these crashes never happen when while playing video games. They always seem to happen shortly after I close the video game, or while I surf the web. This leads me to believe that the problem is software, not hardware, related, but I don't know what.

So far I have (to no avail):

• Reset my PC
    • Reinstalled GPU drivers
    • Windows Memory Diagnostic Test - No problems with memory
    • Checked GPU and CPU temperatures -- They are good, as expected. again my PC hasn't crashed while gaming
    • Updated CPU drivers
    I've also checked windows event viewer; seconds before the crash I always get an 'event id 28 kernel event tracing' error, but I am not sure what to make of this.

I have a Dell G5 5000 (2 years old, problem manifested itself a few months ago)

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-10400F CPU @ 2.90GHz

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 Super

Memory: 2 x 8 GB

Any troubleshooting suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

redminotaur, Jun 12, 2024
Thema:

PC random black screen crashes

1. PC random black screen crashes - Similar Threads - random black screen

2. PC random black screen crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC random black screen crashes: Dear support,For the last few weeks I have had numerous problems with my pc because it was crashing out of nowhere, multiple times a day.It started a month ago, gradually. I would only get 1-2 crashes a day, usually the first hour when I booted my pc. If it didnt crash in the...
  3. PC random black screen crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC random black screen crashes: Dear support,For the last few weeks I have had numerous problems with my pc because it was crashing out of nowhere, multiple times a day.It started a month ago, gradually. I would only get 1-2 crashes a day, usually the first hour when I booted my pc. If it didnt crash in the...
  4. Random Black Screen Crashes

Random Black Screen Crashes: Hi all!I've been having issues where my screen randomly goes black and my PC crashes. Sometimes I can still hear audio in the background and sometimes it's a full on crash. Things I've tried:1. Updated all drivers2. Underclocked GPU3. Set GPU to Max performance from Nvidia...
  5. Random black screen crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random black screen crashes: For almost a year now I've been having crashes with no discernible source, seemingly at random. I could be browsing the internet, playing a game, or literally doing nothing. Sometimes I've had my computer crash after a restart before I can even open a program. When it first...
  6. Random black screen crashes

Random black screen crashes: For almost a year now I've been having crashes with no discernible source, seemingly at random. I could be browsing the internet, playing a game, or literally doing nothing. Sometimes I've had my computer crash after a restart before I can even open a program. When it first...
  7. Random black screen crashes

8. Random Black Screen Crashes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random Black Screen Crashes: My computer will randomly crash to a black screen, continue audio for a little bit, then nothing. This usually occurs when streaming video, but occasionally occurs when browsing or doing something else. However, it has never crashed while playing a video game. I've tried the...
  9. PC crashes randomly with black screen

PC crashes randomly with black screen: While it is hapaning i cant do anyting i cat even force close i reinstaled the graphic driver but it doesent work i need help asap please! ***Original Title: Random crash whit black screen***...
  10. PC randomly crashes and restarts with a black screen

PC randomly crashes and restarts with a black screen: Every time the PC crashes it will boot up and stay stuck on a black screen. Once it is shut down manually then booted up again it is fine. Description A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly. Problem signature Problem Event Name:...