Windows 10: PC Not Booting After Replacing CMOS Battery

Discus and support PC Not Booting After Replacing CMOS Battery in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I have recently replaced the CMOS battery in my Lenovo G580. Unfortunately, it does want to boot up. The fan and hard drive both make a noise, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Turtle11t, Jun 11, 2022.

1. Turtle11t Win User

PC Not Booting After Replacing CMOS Battery

Hi,I have recently replaced the CMOS battery in my Lenovo G580. Unfortunately, it does want to boot up. The fan and hard drive both make a noise, but the screen does not turn on and the camera LED stays on and it stays there. I tried resetting the CMOS by taking the battery out, waiting for a few minutes and then putting it back in and even using the old battery, but it shows the same issue.Are there any other solutions?Many Thanks.

:)

Turtle11t, Jun 11, 2022
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

Replaced CMOS battery Lost Win 10

In that case you are suggested to follow post #6.

3. Rick2021 Win User
    Does CMOS battery make an important role?

This means the CMOS battery has failed - you need to purchase a new CMOS battery. As suggested by another expert you should upgrade your BIOS and then do the CMOS battery replacement and this should stop it.

Rick2021, Jun 11, 2022
  4. PC Not Booting After Replacing CMOS Battery

CMOS battery

Is there any need to routinely replace a cmos battery ?
    Can you tell ( via software) if it needs replacement ? or are there any symptoms ?
    Does a mobo "recharge" a cmos battery ?

CAPSLOCKSTUCK, Jun 11, 2022
Thema:

PC Not Booting After Replacing CMOS Battery

1. PC Not Booting After Replacing CMOS Battery - Similar Threads - Booting Replacing CMOS

2. Activation fails after CMOS battery replaced.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activation fails after CMOS battery replaced.: Hello Everyone,I originally had 2 retail Win8 licences. I upgraded one PC to Windows 10 long time ago.I wasn't able to upgrade my other Windows 8 PC, due to its old CMOS battery.Today I've changed the battery. Upgrade went smoothly, but now Windows thinks that I've changed a...
  3. Activation fails after CMOS battery replaced.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation fails after CMOS battery replaced.: Hello Everyone,I originally had 2 retail Win8 licences. I upgraded one PC to Windows 10 long time ago.I wasn't able to upgrade my other Windows 8 PC, due to its old CMOS battery.Today I've changed the battery. Upgrade went smoothly, but now Windows thinks that I've changed a...
  4. Activation fails after CMOS battery replaced.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PC Not Booting After Replacing CMOS Battery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Not Booting After Replacing CMOS Battery: Hi,I have recently replaced the CMOS battery in my Lenovo G580. Unfortunately, it does want to boot up. The fan and hard drive both make a noise, but the screen does not turn on and the camera LED stays on and it stays there. I tried resetting the CMOS by taking the battery...
  6. PC Not Booting After Replacing CMOS Battery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Not Booting After Replacing CMOS Battery: Hi,I have recently replaced the CMOS battery in my Lenovo G580. Unfortunately, it does want to boot up. The fan and hard drive both make a noise, but the screen does not turn on and the camera LED stays on and it stays there. I tried resetting the CMOS by taking the battery...
  7. Toshiba Satelite L40 CMOS Battery replacement

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Toshiba Satelite L40 CMOS Battery replacement: Where to find CMOS Battery slot in Toshiba Satelite L40. Do I need to open the entire board to replace it? [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toshiba-satelite-l40-cmos-battery-replacement/83977c96-606d-4c93-ad24-7352b083cb8e
  8. Replaced CMOS battery Lost Win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Replaced CMOS battery Lost Win 10: I just replaced my CMOS battery. The system rebooted and all my Windows 10 files are gone, it's created a new drive N: but I couldn't restore from Command line and I have a semi useless Windows 8 in place. Help? 46917
  9. replace cmos

in Windows 10 Support
    replace cmos: After the battery is replaced, how do I know what settings should be in the BIOS? Should I disable the flash in my camera and take pics of the BIOS? There are a lot of sub menus. What is important to remember? If I click default that would return it to factory so that is...
  10. Just replaced CMOS battery and...

in Windows 10 Support
    Just replaced CMOS battery and...: ....according to clock on task bar the time is wrong. I know this has probably been covered before, but late in my life I find it difficult at times to find the correct old thread with the answer. Please direct and help me. 67352