Windows 10: PC lags whenever opening anything

Discus and support PC lags whenever opening anything in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Whenever I open literally anything my pc lags. My disk usage doesn't go to 100% so that isn't the problem. whenever I move my mouse cursor thats when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by J Phillips1, Sep 9, 2024.

1. PC lags whenever opening anything

Whenever I open literally anything my pc lags. My disk usage doesn't go to 100% so that isn't the problem. whenever I move my mouse cursor thats when the lag starts but when i stop moving it then everything goes back to normal eventually it stops lagging when moving the mouse but it still gets annoying at the start so is there anything that can fix this?

:)

J Phillips1, Sep 9, 2024
  2. Jose Est Win User

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Sep 9, 2024
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Sep 9, 2024
  4. Daneth_M Win User

PC lags whenever opening anything

Computer games lagging badly

Your computer’s sudden lag and performance issues can be frustrating, but let’s troubleshoot and find a solution. Here are some steps you can take to address the problem:

1. Check Network Stability:
      • Ensure your internet connection is stable. Fluctuating ping and sudden spikes could be due to network issues.
      • Try connecting to a different network or restarting your router.
    2. Update Graphics Drivers:
      • Outdated or corrupted graphics drivers can cause lag in games.
      • Visit your graphics card manufacturer’s website and download the latest drivers.
    3. Monitor Background Processes:
      • Check for resource-intensive background processes.
      • Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager and identify any programs consuming excessive CPU or memory.
    4. Adjust Game Settings:
      • Lower in-game graphics settings to reduce strain on your system.
      • Disable unnecessary features like shadows, reflections, or anti-aliasing.
    5. Check for Malware:
      • Run a thorough malware scan using reliable antivirus software.
      • Malware can significantly impact system performance.
    6. Clear Temporary Files:
      • Use the built-in Disk Cleanup tool to remove temporary files and free up disk space.
    7. Monitor System Temperature:
      • Overheating can cause performance issues.
      • Ensure your PC is adequately cooled and clean any dust from fans and vents.
    8. Consider Hardware Upgrades:
      • If your PC is aging, upgrading RAM or switching to an SSD can improve performance.
    Remember to apply these steps one by one and test your system after each change. Hopefully, this will help resolve your lagging issue.

Daneth_M, Sep 9, 2024
Thema:

PC lags whenever opening anything

1. PC lags whenever opening anything - Similar Threads - lags whenever opening

2. PC lags whenever opening anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC lags whenever opening anything: Whenever I open literally anything my pc lags. My disk usage doesn't go to 100% so that isn't the problem. whenever I move my mouse cursor thats when the lag starts but when i stop moving it then everything goes back to normal eventually it stops lagging when moving the mouse...
  3. PC lags whenever opening anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC lags whenever opening anything: Whenever I open literally anything my pc lags. My disk usage doesn't go to 100% so that isn't the problem. whenever I move my mouse cursor thats when the lag starts but when i stop moving it then everything goes back to normal eventually it stops lagging when moving the mouse...
  4. Audio lags whenever I am downloading anything.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio lags whenever I am downloading anything.: This started a month ago and whenever I am downloading/updating a game/file the audio would become distorted/laggy? Is there any solution to this?...
  5. Audio lags whenever I am downloading anything.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio lags whenever I am downloading anything.: This started a month ago and whenever I am downloading/updating a game/file the audio would become distorted/laggy? Is there any solution to this?...
  6. PC's wifi lags whenever I open files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PC's wifi lags whenever I open files.: Noticed especially whenever I'm in a discord call or in an online class, whenever I open file explorer to find something or open some other file my PC's wifi will lag or cut out causing me to reconnect or just not hear the call for a bit. Only started happening recently and...
  7. PC lagging after 30 seconds not doing anything.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC lagging after 30 seconds not doing anything.: Hi, lately I am having the following problem with my PC: The computer works perfect until I stop using it for exactly 30 seconds without touching the mouse or the controller I play with and it starts to lag: if I am playing a game, FPSs drop heavily. However, when I touch the...
  8. PC Lags whenever I turn it on.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC Lags whenever I turn it on.: Hello everyone I hope all of you are having an amazing day, as the title says; my computer completely lags and starts making some static audio whenever I turn it on after shutting it down and it freaks me out. I've had this PC for almost a year now it was completely fine and...
  9. Application Not Found Whenever I try to open anything

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Application Not Found Whenever I try to open anything: So my computer has been fine up until last night. I was trying to open my discord app when I first got an error message saying 'No Such Interface Supported'. Well i tried looking up some possible ways to fix this but it seems i might have made it worse I'm not sure. I have...
  10. Windows Extreme lag when opening anything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Extreme lag when opening anything: Hi, I just formatted my PC and I have this problem that when ever I open something the computer seems overloaded and the mouse is super slow. If I open Skype, Chrome or any program, it will become excessively slow. I tried formatting it and even then the simplest task...