Windows 10: PC keeps randomly freezing/crashing

Discus and support PC keeps randomly freezing/crashing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I would be playing a game and my PC would randomly crash and or freeze. I’ve tried everything, i’ve reinstalled windows, i’ve installed new components,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jaxon Mckamie, Sep 15, 2024 at 5:17 PM.

1. PC keeps randomly freezing/crashing

I would be playing a game and my PC would randomly crash and or freeze. I’ve tried everything, i’ve reinstalled windows, i’ve installed new components, i’ve tried it all. I get no blue screen or any source of information on why my PC crashed.

:)

Jaxon Mckamie, Sep 15, 2024 at 5:17 PM

2. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Sep 15, 2024 at 5:26 PM
  3. My PC keeps freezing/crashing randomly

Hello.

My custom built PC has been experiencing problems since December of 2023. This all pretty much started when my SSD (Where Windows 11 was installed) got full and I had to move some files over. Also during that time, I renamed my PC. Then later after that my PC started to randomly freeze/crash. The strange part is, I would never get a BSOD. After around 2ish weeks, I tried reinstalling Windows 11 Home. I want to note that I have not done a clean install of Windows. Although, the amount of times it crashes would go down. It would take about 3 days after reinstalling Windows that my PC would crash. What makes me really mad, is the fact that it HAPPENS RANDOMLY! I have yet to find what causes this bug to happen.

After messing around with it when the problem does happen, I tried un-plugging and re-plugging my USB Mouse and Keyboard. The first time I did that, the devices would work normally, but the mouse would drift across the screen after I moved it. Then the second time I tried re-plugging some USB devices, they wouldn't have power.

Every time my PC does crash/freezes it does the following

1. Wifi slows down
    2. When trying to interact with Windows UI it freezes
    3. All windows stops working
    After my PC crashes, I am forced to "hard restart it"

What I've tried to fix this problem

• Reinstall Windows (2 Times)
    • Check Event View for any error messages
    • Disabling Auto Profile Sign In
    • Reseating my Ram
    • Performed Memory Check
    • Update BIOS
    What I haven't done

• Preform a Clean Install of Windows 11
    • Used a different profile
    My PC Specs

• AMD Ryzen 5 5500
    • 16GB DDR4
    • AND Radeon RX 6600
    • Kingston SA2000M SCSI SSD (250 GB)
    • WDC WD20EZBX-00A SCSI HDD (2 TB)
    • B450 DS3H V2 (Motherboard)

• Windows 11 Home Version 23H2 x64
    • OS Build 22631.3085

Error Message

Unfortunately, I don't have a direct error message. I have no idea which error message might help you, so I just pulled some right before, and some after my PC crashed.

1. Name resolution for the name wpad timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded. Client PID 3260.
    2. LSA package is not signed as expected. This can cause unexpected behavior with Credential Guard. PackageName: sfapm
    3. MDM ConfigurationManager: Command failure status. Configuraton Source ID: ({78797CF0-8B40-4DB2-A7F2-2D6E7133353B}), Enrollment Type: (FamilySafety), CSP Name: (AppLocker), Command Type: (Clear: first phase of Delete), CSP URI: (./Vendor/MSFT/AppLocker/FamilySafety/FamilySafetyGroup), Result: (Unknown Win32 Error code: 0x86000002).
    4. SCEP Certificate enrollment initialization for Local system via https://AMD-KeyId-52fb59e29aa83a962fb9eef0fe5b4811de6b751e.microsoftaik.azure.net/templates/Aik/scep failed:

GetCACaps

GetCACaps: Not Found

{"Message":"The authority \"amd-keyid-52fb59e29aa83a962fb9eef0fe5b4811de6b751e.microsoftaik.azure.net\" does not exist."}

HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found

Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2024 00:07:38 GMT

Content-Length: 121

Content-Type: application/json; charset=utf-8

X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff

Strict-Transport-Security: max-age=31536000;includeSubDomains

x-ms-request-id: b3a027f7-7d07-4310-9de8-7dd495ba139d

Method: GET(344ms)

Stage: GetCACaps

Not found (404). 0x80190194 (-2145844844 HTTP_E_STATUS_NOT_FOUND)

Kavanaugh Conner, Sep 15, 2024 at 5:26 PM
  4. dalchina Win User

PC keeps randomly freezing/crashing

My brand new PC keeps crashing

Hi, Sorry to hear of your problem.
    Basics: Do you experience these freezes only after installing additional software? Try a clean boot and check for freezes then.

There are 54 pages in this thread on random freezes..

Windows 10 freezes randomly - Windows 10 Forums

Please feel free to search the forum for (e.g.)
    PC freezes
    random freeze

When you've had a look thru things people have suggested and tried, if still no solution, post back with a list of what you've tried.

Good luck!

Thema:

PC keeps randomly freezing/crashing

1. PC keeps randomly freezing/crashing - Similar Threads - keeps randomly freezing

2. PC keeps randomly freezing/crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps randomly freezing/crashing: I would be playing a game and my PC would randomly crash and or freeze. I’ve tried everything, i’ve reinstalled windows, i’ve installed new components, i’ve tried it all. I get no blue screen or any source of information on why my PC crashed....
  3. PC Freezing/Crashing randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Freezing/Crashing randomly: My PC has a history of randomly freezing and restarting itself. Recent crashes have been followed by this in the event log:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000116 0xffff8c8160ad4010, 0xfffff8058a271120, 0xffffffffc000009a, 0x0000000000000004....
  4. PC Freezes and Crashes Randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Freezes and Crashes Randomly: For the past while, I've had issues where my PC freezes up, then after a few minutes a blue screen of death appears on my primary monitor, then it restarts. Before this I had issues where after some seemingly random amount of time without restarting the Win search bar stopped...
  5. PC keeps randomly crashing/freezing/bsoding

PC keeps randomly crashing/freezing/bsoding: Device name DESKTOP-LUH262FProcessor AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Six-Core Processor 3.60 GHzInstalled RAM 16,0 GBDevice ID 4A1A1971-375D-4E0B-8797-72EC5B4444B2Product ID 00325-96265-93287-AAOEMSystem type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processorPen and touch No pen or touch input...
  6. PC keeps randomly crashing/freezing/bsoding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps randomly crashing/freezing/bsoding: Device name DESKTOP-LUH262FProcessor AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Six-Core Processor 3.60 GHzInstalled RAM 16,0 GBDevice ID 4A1A1971-375D-4E0B-8797-72EC5B4444B2Product ID 00325-96265-93287-AAOEMSystem type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processorPen and touch No pen or touch input...
  7. PC keeps randomly crashing/freezing/bsoding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. PC Randomly Freezes and Crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Randomly Freezes and Crashes: Hi,I've been having an issue where my PC would randomly completely freeze and become unresponsive. Sometimes the screen goes black and becomes completely unresponsive, and other times it freezes on the current screen and restarts itself a few moments later. This sometimes...
  9. PC Randomly Freezes and Crashes

PC Randomly Freezes and Crashes: Hi,I've been having an issue where my PC would randomly completely freeze and become unresponsive. Sometimes the screen goes black and becomes completely unresponsive, and other times it freezes on the current screen and restarts itself a few moments later. This sometimes...
  10. PC Crashes/freezes randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Crashes/freezes randomly: I bought a new pc 2 weeks ago and it started crashing for no reason. I'm not sure why, it even happens when i'm just using discord. This is what it looks like: https://imgur.com/a/wHmrtHJ My pc freezes, second monitor goes green, I can't use my mouse or keyboard but i still...