Windows 10: PC keeps freezing and blue screening

Discus and support PC keeps freezing and blue screening in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, my pc has been constantly freezing and sometimes blue screening when having games open or switching through tabs, main ones being Spotify,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Derek Lee1, Jun 2, 2024.

1. PC keeps freezing and blue screening

Hello, my pc has been constantly freezing and sometimes blue screening when having games open or switching through tabs, main ones being Spotify, chrome, and discord. I’ve tried everything I could find through other users posts and done things such as CMD commands Including sfc /scannow, and multiple others thats the only one I remember off the top of my head, all of which return no issues. I’ve updated windows, dusted out my pc, ran multiple malware checks through windows defender and malwarebytes, and even completely reset the pc, all of which don’t help. Could someone please assist me

:)

Derek Lee1, Jun 2, 2024

2. Computer Freezes Then Blue Screen

Hello,

A stop error (also called a "blue screen" error) can occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart unexpectedly. These errors can be caused by both hardware and software issues.

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your device?

Meanwhile, we suggest performing the steps on this article
    on how to troubleshoot blue screen errors on Windows 10.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jun 2, 2024
  3. my system keeps on crashing. (blue screen)

Hello Harrison,

A stop error (also called a "blue screen" error) can occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart unexpectedly. These errors can be caused by both hardware and software issues.

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your device?

Meanwhile, we recommend performing the suggested steps in this article to troubleshoot blue screen issues
    on Windows 10.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jun 2, 2024
  4. PC keeps freezing and blue screening

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jun 2, 2024
Thema:

PC keeps freezing and blue screening

1. PC keeps freezing and blue screening - Similar Threads - keeps freezing blue

2. PC keeps freezing and blue screening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC keeps freezing and blue screening: Hello, my pc has been constantly freezing and sometimes blue screening when having games open or switching through tabs, main ones being Spotify, chrome, and discord. I’ve tried everything I could find through other users posts and done things such as CMD commands Including...
  3. PC keeps freezing and blue screening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC keeps freezing and blue screening: Hello, my pc has been constantly freezing and sometimes blue screening when having games open or switching through tabs, main ones being Spotify, chrome, and discord. I’ve tried everything I could find through other users posts and done things such as CMD commands Including...
  4. Switched Mobo and CPU and PC keeps freezing/blue screening

Switched Mobo and CPU and PC keeps freezing/blue screening: I just switched my pc from an ASUS ROG Strix Z370f Gaming motherboard and 8700k to an MSI MPG Z690 EDGE Wi-Fi motherboard and 13700k. The computer posts just fine, but will freeze or blue screen after no more than 10 minutes. I have tried reactivating windows, updating...
  5. Switched Mobo and CPU and PC keeps freezing/blue screening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switched Mobo and CPU and PC keeps freezing/blue screening: I just switched my pc from an ASUS ROG Strix Z370f Gaming motherboard and 8700k to an MSI MPG Z690 EDGE Wi-Fi motherboard and 13700k. The computer posts just fine, but will freeze or blue screen after no more than 10 minutes. I have tried reactivating windows, updating...
  6. Switched Mobo and CPU and PC keeps freezing/blue screening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Pc keeps freezing / Hanging up / Blue Screening

Pc keeps freezing / Hanging up / Blue Screening: Hello , my pc that I've had for about 6 months has been freezing and getting blue screen's. This usually happens when I first boot into windows, or when I'm watching YouTube, listening to music , or just using a small program. I usually have to have one of my games open in...
  8. My Pc Keep Blue Screen Then Freezes

My Pc Keep Blue Screen Then Freezes: My PC keeps crashing and I'm not sure why. Updated all drivers and check power usage, Did think it was the Minecraft but happen when using internet last night. I have to Hard restart PC to get working again any help would be great Event log details below Log Name:...
  9. PC Freezing then blue screen

PC Freezing then blue screen: Okay, so the problem has happened for the past couple months to me and I've tried multiple fixes however none are yet to work. So, my PC loads up completely fine. Logs in fine. Starts up fine. I can initially open anything with no issues. I play my game or write my...
  10. PC keeps restarting, crashing, freezing and showing Blue Screens.

PC keeps restarting, crashing, freezing and showing Blue Screens.: As the title reads, my PC has been crashing a lot lately. I've tried running various troubleshooting programs on my PC, but none seem to help. I do believe that it has to do with my drivers or the Windows update, but I'm not sure. Whenever I try to update my PC to the latest...