Windows 10: PC is running slow after trying multiple solutions

Discus and support PC is running slow after trying multiple solutions in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My pc had been running slow as of yesterday. Half the time it starts up slow, half the time it starts up smoothly but then gets slow when I open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Patricia Chen1, May 13, 2024.

1. PC is running slow after trying multiple solutions

My pc had been running slow as of yesterday. Half the time it starts up slow, half the time it starts up smoothly but then gets slow when I open things. It can be as simple as opening my browser on a clean window and I can see in task manager that my CPU speed is 0.2 when the base speed is 2.00. Only 30-40% of my memory is being used and under 10% of my cpu, so I don’t understand how the tasks could be making it slow. I’ve disabled all start up apps, dusted my fans, and updated my pc. I really dont know what the problem is. I understand a solution could be to update the parts but I will use th

:)

Patricia Chen1, May 13, 2024

2. WHY IS WINDOWS 10 RUNNING SO SLOW?

Hi Sven,

Thanks for showing interest on Windows 10.

I would suggest you to Run Maintenance task

The Run maintenance task checks issues that might slow down your computer's, such as how many users are currently logged on to the computer and whether multiple programs are running at the same time.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + X on the keyboard.

• Select Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Click on Run maintenance task under
      System and Security.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, May 13, 2024
  3. windows 10 running slow

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft community.

I would suggest you to run System maintenance troubleshooter.

Try the followings steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Select "System maintenance"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, May 13, 2024
  4. John Vil Win User

PC is running slow after trying multiple solutions

PC slow and not responding

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you to run the System Maintenance Troubleshooter to check and see why your PC is running slow and unresponsive. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting. If you cant find the option, click View By and select Large Icons.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

You may also check on the article below for tips on how to improve your Windows 10 PC.

Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, May 13, 2024
Thema:

PC is running slow after trying multiple solutions

1. PC is running slow after trying multiple solutions - Similar Threads - running slow trying

2. PC is running slow after trying multiple solutions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC is running slow after trying multiple solutions: My pc had been running slow as of yesterday. Half the time it starts up slow, half the time it starts up smoothly but then gets slow when I open things. It can be as simple as opening my browser on a clean window and I can see in task manager that my CPU speed is 0.2 when the...
  3. Windows Update 2023-05 not working after trying multiple solutions.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update 2023-05 not working after trying multiple solutions.: I have been on every website and every help forum and tried all of the countless different solutions offered to try and fix this but it seems nothing it working. I have the space on the PC for the downloads, I have tried troubleshooting, no solution. I have unplugged all non...
  4. Windows Update 2023-05 not working after trying multiple solutions.

Windows Update 2023-05 not working after trying multiple solutions.: I have been on every website and every help forum and tried all of the countless different solutions offered to try and fix this but it seems nothing it working. I have the space on the PC for the downloads, I have tried troubleshooting, no solution. I have unplugged all non...
  5. Cannot run .jar files, I've tried multiple solutions.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot run .jar files, I've tried multiple solutions.: I'm using Windows 10. I play Minecraft and I use a mod called Fabric API, it is a core library for other compatible mods. It needs regular updates and suddenly I cannot run the .jar files when downloading the new files. In fact I cannot run any .jar files for any mods at...
  6. Cannot run .jar files, I've tried multiple solutions.

Cannot run .jar files, I've tried multiple solutions.: I'm using Windows 10. I play Minecraft and I use a mod called Fabric API, it is a core library for other compatible mods. It needs regular updates and suddenly I cannot run the .jar files when downloading the new files. In fact I cannot run any .jar files for any mods at...
  7. PC extremely slow after multiple hibernation

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC extremely slow after multiple hibernation: Hi all, I hope you can help me with this. Most of the time, I leave my PC in hibernation in the evening, for the convenience of starting where I left in the next morning. I do restart it, but only about once a week. After a few hibernation cycles day 1, day 2 etc .....
  8. PC running slow after running files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC running slow after running files: recently I had just bought a new 3070 and it was great. however there was one game that i couldn't run as well as i would have wanted. So I took to you tube and search up how to get better frames. I notice that all the methods were old and outdated . except for one, the...
  9. PC running slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC running slow: My laptop model is Dell Inspiron 3584. It running very slow and get hang. When I see in task manager cpu and disk running 100 percent. Pls someone help to solve this, I recently buyed and but it giving still problem....
  10. BOOTMGR missing (Tried multiple solutions)

in Windows 10 Support
    BOOTMGR missing (Tried multiple solutions): I use windows 10, i tried installing ubuntu on this system and it has been since that i have been experiencing this error. Simply put, I am able to use this computer with UEFI boot but not legacy boot. Whenever i try to use legacy boot I get an error saying "BOOTMGR...