Windows 10: PC Freezing & crashing issues

Discus and support PC Freezing & crashing issues in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I recently upgraded my PC to the followingAsus B550M-A Wifi II Motherboard Ryzen 7 5800x3D Power color 7900XT 20GB 2x16GB Partiot Viper Steel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Matthew Payant, Sep 6, 2024.

1. PC Freezing & crashing issues

Hi, I recently upgraded my PC to the followingAsus B550M-A Wifi II Motherboard Ryzen 7 5800x3D Power color 7900XT 20GB 2x16GB Partiot Viper Steel 3600MHz Corsair RM850x PSU Thermalright PS120SE RGB Cooler Issue: My PC has been crashing & freezing quite often, sometimes multiple times a day. Theres 3 possibilities.1 My game will freeze, waiting a couple minutes will then close the game and prompt me with AMD Driver error. All remains responsive afterwards and I am able to reboot my game until the issue happens again.2 My game will freeze, after a few minutes my game closes, mouse becomes

:)

Matthew Payant, Sep 6, 2024
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Sep 6, 2024
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Sep 6, 2024
  4. beeze Win User

PC Freezing & crashing issues

Constant PC crashing/freezing

Hello!

Brief description of problem: Over the past few months my PC has been randomly crashing/freezing. It doesn't seem to matter how large of a load it is trying to take on; whether i'm only writing a paper while listening to music, or i'm playing Counter Strike on one monitor and have multiple processes open on the other. The up time ranges anywhere between 1 minute to 12 hours.

PC Specs:
    CPU - AMD FX-6300
    RAM - 16gb HyperX ddr3-1886
    Video Card - Radeon R7 370
    MOBO - GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P
    HHD - 1 TB
    Power Supply - 500w

Continued Description of Problem: I recently ran a memtest on my ram and found out that one of the sticks were bad(It has been replaced with the ram currently listed above) this resolved about half of the issues I was facing. Before the ram was replaced I was getting a multitude of blue screens alongside the random freezing. The next and most recent step I've taken to restore my PC was replacing the hard drive. It doesn't seem to have fixed anything; one change I noticed after installing windows onto the new hard drive is that the time/timestamp on any browser, program or desktop doesn't display correctly. It has been replaced with some odd symbols- ex; Screenshot - 16eb15deb6d9e5e2fcaae2618a12b0ce - Gyazo , Screenshot - 63eff3026946796a175cdb11e13473b4 - Gyazo . With all this in mind I am assuming that we can exclude the RAM and HHD from potential problems.

Additional Details on the Crashing/Freezing: As stated before it doesn't matter how much strain is on the PC, but crashing does seem more prevalent when playing games. When It does freeze/crash and there is audio playing the video will freeze but the audio will just mimic the last frequency it received. Sometimes it freezes and will go back to normal(This is a pretty rare occurrence).

Thank you in advance for any advice/help; If you would like any additional information on specs/freeze details.

beeze, Sep 6, 2024
Thema:

PC Freezing & crashing issues

1. PC Freezing & crashing issues - Similar Threads - Freezing crashing issues

2. PC Freezing & crashing issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Freezing & crashing issues: Hi, I recently upgraded my PC to the followingAsus B550M-A Wifi II Motherboard Ryzen 7 5800x3D Power color 7900XT 20GB 2x16GB Partiot Viper Steel 3600MHz Corsair RM850x PSU Thermalright PS120SE RGB Cooler Issue: My PC has been crashing & freezing quite often, sometimes...
  3. PC FREEZING/CRASHING

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC FREEZING/CRASHING: Aloha so my PC keeps crashing/ freezing and restarting. i may get a minute or two out of it before it freezes, and becomes unresponsive. these are my current specs i am running. •AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.2 GHz, •NVIDIA RTX 4080, •1TB NVME Gen4 SSD, •32GB DDR5 RAM RGB,•1000W Gold...
  4. Pc freezes and crashes, cant find the issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc freezes and crashes, cant find the issue: I have an issue where my pc will freeze and crash randomly, but mainly, I think, when I am trying to play a game. This has started randomly. I have check my graphics card driver, pc driver, run DISM command tool and the sfc scan now command tool and they both came back fine....
  5. Pc freezes and crashes, cant find the issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc freezes and crashes, cant find the issue: I have an issue where my pc will freeze and crash randomly, but mainly, I think, when I am trying to play a game. This has started randomly. I have check my graphics card driver, pc driver, run DISM command tool and the sfc scan now command tool and they both came back fine....
  6. PC Freezes/Crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Freezes/Crashes: I've had this computer for about a couple years now, two or three give or take. But lately and abruptly as of like last week, it's been freezing up or crashing non-stop. I've tried a fresh reset of the computer to no avail It needed one anyway, too much clutter. Oftentimes it...
  7. PC Freezes and crashes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Freezes and crashes.: Hi, I really need help. Whenever I open games on my PC, at random points in the program, my pc will freeze. So far, the only way to fix this was a hard reboot, which definately does not boost my pc's peformance. I have tried using sfc /scannow, although it did patch...
  8. PC Crashing / Freezing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC Crashing / Freezing: To start with not sure if it's just a windows issue or a hardware issue yet. I can be playing games or just be in chrome. It will start with the audio repeating the second it's on whether it be a song or in-game sound. Then applications will slowly stop working. Then the...
  9. PC Freezing and Crashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC Freezing and Crashing: Hello, I would like to ask for help because the past month my PC has been freezing and crashing I have Reseted it and install a new copy of windows if you can help that will be amazing...
  10. PC crashing or freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC crashing or freezing: I've got the Acer Aspire TC380 desktop purchased earlier this year. It's not used everyday but recently it's been crashing to black where the monitor is in sleep mode but the computer is running fine requiring hard resets. I noticed it was getting worse with the more Windows...