Windows 10: PC freezes and the screen turns off

Discus and support PC freezes and the screen turns off in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In the past couple of months my pc has been freezing and the screen turning off at seemingly random times, it even happened again while I was writing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Joseph Kingston, Apr 14, 2024.

1. PC freezes and the screen turns off

In the past couple of months my pc has been freezing and the screen turning off at seemingly random times, it even happened again while I was writing this question. When it happens I'm usually playing games, even games with low system requirements but then all of a sudden the pc freezes and only the screen turns off while the pc and the other accessories are still on. After that I tried leaving it as is for at least 2 hours before to no avail, so I have resorted to shutting it down manually with the power button. After turning it off I can immediately turn it on again and it works just fine. I

:)

Joseph Kingston, Apr 14, 2024

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Apr 14, 2024
  3. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Apr 14, 2024
  4. RCoon Win User

PC freezes and the screen turns off

PC Build Steps

1.1 - Ideally put optical in SATA 0, and SSD in SATA 1, this will cause the optical drive to be the default 1st boot option. You can change it manually if not, but I like it this way
    2.infinity - yes, that's fine. if it's above 70 +/- 5 degrees, then it may just need a repaste/remount

RCoon, Apr 14, 2024
Thema:

PC freezes and the screen turns off

1. PC freezes and the screen turns off - Similar Threads - freezes screen turns

2. Pc freezes and Mouse Turns Off.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc freezes and Mouse Turns Off.: Hey Guys,I built a PC and every Hardware component seems to work good. I can get to my BIOS and Change the Things i want. But as soon as i wanna start Windows the picture freezes and my Mouse Turns Off. The Keyboard ist still glowing but Not responding too both have RGB. Also...
  3. Pc freezes and Mouse Turns Off.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc freezes and Mouse Turns Off.: Hey Guys,I built a PC and every Hardware component seems to work good. I can get to my BIOS and Change the Things i want. But as soon as i wanna start Windows the picture freezes and my Mouse Turns Off. The Keyboard ist still glowing but Not responding too both have RGB. Also...
  4. Pc freezes and Mouse Turns Off.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. PC freezes and the screen turns off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezes and the screen turns off: In the past couple of months my pc has been freezing and the screen turning off at seemingly random times, it even happened again while I was writing this question. When it happens I'm usually playing games, even games with low system requirements but then all of a sudden the...
  6. Pc screen sometimes works then turns off, then the whole PC crashes, or the screen freezes...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc screen sometimes works then turns off, then the whole PC crashes, or the screen freezes...: Exactly what I said up there ^ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-screen-sometimes-works-then-turns-off-then-the/f409a7c3-20a3-48aa-8685-049688a0eeef
  7. pc freezes and everything turns off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc freezes and everything turns off: Last year during Christmas i got a new pre built nzxt computer and a few months later i got a app called wall paper engine off of steam and then after that every time I try loading into a game my screen freezes and my keyboard and mic sometimes mouse turns off but the pc...
  8. pc freezes and everything turns off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc freezes and everything turns off: Last year during Christmas i got a new pre built nzxt computer and a few months later i got a app called wall paper engine off of steam and then after that every time I try loading into a game my screen freezes and my keyboard and mic sometimes mouse turns off but the pc...
  9. PC freezes after screen turns off and/or PC not sleeping

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC freezes after screen turns off and/or PC not sleeping: I am posting this to help people that are having sleep/wake issues. I had the following cases when I returned to my laptop after a period of time: 1 Power lamp is blinking. This tells me the PC went to sleep properly and it always wakes up properly. 2 Power lamp is lit but...
  10. PC freezing and monitor turning off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC freezing and monitor turning off: Sometimes at random my PC freezes, and then about 10 seconds later the monitor turns off. It often isn't under much pressure (about 5 browser tabs and a text editor), it hasn't happened while gaming. The only way to recover it is to press the reset button, and it reboots and...