Windows 10: PC doesn't follow power settings

Discus and support PC doesn't follow power settings in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Recently I've noticed that my PC ignores all the power settings set in settings and advanced controls in control panel. The screen never turns off, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AlastairNiclair, Jun 27, 2021.

1. PC doesn't follow power settings

Recently I've noticed that my PC ignores all the power settings set in settings and advanced controls in control panel. The screen never turns off, it never sleeps and the hard disk doesn't turn off. All of these power settings used to work but now they don't despite changing nothing.

:)

AlastairNiclair, Jun 27, 2021
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

PC doesn't follow power settings [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jun 27, 2021
  3. pigulici Win User
    Pc problem, randomly doesn't turn on sometimes.

"
    Fast startup is a feature in Windows that helps your computer start faster. You can use the following steps to enable or disable fast startup.

• Type Control Panel in the search box.
    • Click Control Panel.
    • Click Power Options.
    • Click Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Click Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    • Scroll down to Shutdown settings and uncheck Turn on fast startup.
    • Click Save changes."

pigulici, Jun 27, 2021
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

PC doesn't follow power settings

Windows 10 Power Settings

Hi Mike,

There are various reasons why you are experiencing this issue. One of which is misconfigured power settings.

Considering that the settings are properly set up and the issue is still happening, we suggest running the troubleshooter for Power on your Settings. This will help in identifying the root cause of the issue and provide appropriate fix for it. Kindly
    follow the steps below to do it:

• Open Settings.
    • Choose Update & security.
    • Under Update & security, choose Troubleshoot.
    • Under Find and Fix other problems, scroll down and look for
      Power
    • Click Power, and click Run the troubleshooter tab, then, follow the on-screen instructions to perform it.

Kindly update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Jun 27, 2021
Thema:

PC doesn't follow power settings

1. PC doesn't follow power settings - Similar Threads - doesn't follow power

2. Windows 11 - Power Button Doesn't Work, No "Power Button Controls" in Windows Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Power Button Doesn't Work, No "Power Button Controls" in Windows Settings: Hi there,I'm using a new Acer Nitro 16 with Windows 11, and I can't seem to make the power button work. Pressing does nothing though I can put the computer to sleep through the start menu. I've tried going to System Settings > Power & Battery settings, but there is no setting...
  3. PC doesn't turn on at all following windows updates.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC doesn't turn on at all following windows updates.: I don't know too much about pc building so I often get help from friends or family when stuff like this happens. The last three times my pc has tried to install the latest windows update, after it shuts down it becomes completely unresponsive. I know it gets power and there's...
  4. PC doesn't turn on at all following windows updates.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC doesn't turn on at all following windows updates.: I don't know too much about pc building so I often get help from friends or family when stuff like this happens. The last three times my pc has tried to install the latest windows update, after it shuts down it becomes completely unresponsive. I know it gets power and there's...
  5. Windows 11 will not follow power options display or sleep settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 will not follow power options display or sleep settings: I just updated my desktop computer to windows 11. Immediately the display shuts off after 30 seconds to one minute and requires me to login again. It will continue to do this indefinitely. After doing some research, I stopped the nuisance display shut off by changing the...
  6. Windows 11 will not follow power options display or sleep settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 will not follow power options display or sleep settings: I just updated my desktop computer to windows 11. Immediately the display shuts off after 30 seconds to one minute and requires me to login again. It will continue to do this indefinitely. After doing some research, I stopped the nuisance display shut off by changing the...
  7. WakeTimers setting in Power management doesn't work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WakeTimers setting in Power management doesn't work: Hello, The Waketimers setting does nothing. I have running wake timer that just ignores this setting. (StartMenuExperienceHost.exe) Is there a way to delete a specific wake timer? I can't find any list of them, or is there a way from CMD to do it? submitted by...
  8. PC doesn't restart/power off correctly.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC doesn't restart/power off correctly.: I've been having issues with my PC. I tired to power it off but I only received a blue screen saying that my process to power if off has faild. Tried restarting and that gave the same result. I tried different methods and nothing works. I even tried to reset and that didn't...
  9. Sleep doesn't follow timer settings, neither does turning off the monitor

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep doesn't follow timer settings, neither does turning off the monitor: With Win 10 Pro 64, and Intel NUC 6i5, the screen never turns off set to turn off at 1 minute, and the computer doesn't sleep set to sleep at 2 minutes. I have researched this forum and followed all the tips - multimedia, settings in control panel, etc, etc. The bios and...
  10. Windows 10 - Power Setting - Closing Lid / With Power Do Nothing - Doesn't work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - Power Setting - Closing Lid / With Power Do Nothing - Doesn't work: Hi - I've a Windows 10 Laptop with an external monitor. I've set the Power Setting for Closing the Lid to Do Nothing. But it's not working. The external monitor does not come on. I have to open the Laptop lid to get the desktop to show on the external monitor....