Windows 10: PC Completely freezes after a few minutes of gaming

Discus and support PC Completely freezes after a few minutes of gaming in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Everything was normal before, but yesterday, from the first attempt to play, after a few minutes, windows just crashes, the screen goes black, and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Kevin Taylor14, Sep 20, 2023.

1. PC Completely freezes after a few minutes of gaming

Everything was normal before, but yesterday, from the first attempt to play, after a few minutes, windows just crashes, the screen goes black, and the sound glitches out.Tried a few games, every one of them ends up in the same situation, my screen just goes black and the sound becomes a buggy mess. The games run normally until this crash occurs, no loading problems, no fps problems, nothing.I tried everything I could find online, updated my GPU drivers, updated windows, updated the BIOS, cleaned my RAM, even tried a brand new 8gb ram stick, the problem still persists.What is funny is that I ha

:)

Kevin Taylor14, Sep 20, 2023

2. Minecraft freezes gaming PC

Hi,

We have here a thread Windows 10 freezes when playing games
    related to your concern. We suggest that you go through the steps provided by
    Roger Lu.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marivel Man, Sep 20, 2023
  3. Roohi_Taj Win User
    Can't play Hit It Rich game and system freezes

Hi carmenstanley1,

Thank you for your response.

I can understand how frustrating it would be. This issue might be due to corrupted profile or if the game is not installed completely. I suggest you to follow these steps and let us know if it works.

Could you please help me with the below questions:

• Are you aware of any changes happened on the computer prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried playing this game on other browser (Google chrome or Mozilla) and check for the issue?

Step 1: Uninstall or Repair the game.

1. Press Windows and
      R key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type appwiz.cpl and hit enter.
    3. Right click on the Hit it Rich app > Select Repair or uninstall it.
    4. Reinstall the application and check for the issue.

Step 2: Create a new local account.

The reason might be due to user account corruption, so I would suggest you to ‘Create
    a local user or administrator account’
    and check if the issue persists.

Note: You will not see all your files under your default file location.
    So your data will be saved under C:\Users\User_name.

If you are facing issues with freezing, I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps on
    Tips to improve PC performance in Windows

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Sep 20, 2023
  4. Marby Rey Win User

PC Completely freezes after a few minutes of gaming

Marby Rey, Sep 20, 2023
Thema:

PC Completely freezes after a few minutes of gaming

1. PC Completely freezes after a few minutes of gaming - Similar Threads - Completely freezes few

2. My pc freezes after playing game for few minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc freezes after playing game for few minutes: After upgrading my processor and motherboard, I noticed that my PC started to have issues while playing games. Previously, everything ran smoothly, but now, after about 30 minutes of gaming, my PC starts to freeze, and my peripherals suddenly stop working. Right before this...
  3. PC keeps on freezing after few minutes of gaming

PC keeps on freezing after few minutes of gaming: I have a gaming pc for about a year now. Since the past few months i have been facing issues when playing games. Depending on the game, usually after 15-30mins the pc freezes and sometimes it gives a weird looking BSOD. This happens with almost every game. One weird thing...
  4. PC keeps on freezing after few minutes of gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps on freezing after few minutes of gaming: I have a gaming pc for about a year now. Since the past few months i have been facing issues when playing games. Depending on the game, usually after 15-30mins the pc freezes and sometimes it gives a weird looking BSOD. This happens with almost every game. One weird thing...
  5. PC Completely freezes after a few minutes of gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Completely freezes after a few minutes of gaming: Everything was normal before, but yesterday, from the first attempt to play, after a few minutes, windows just crashes, the screen goes black, and the sound glitches out.Tried a few games, every one of them ends up in the same situation, my screen just goes black and the...
  6. PC Completely freezes after a few minutes of gaming

PC Completely freezes after a few minutes of gaming: Everything was normal before, but yesterday, from the first attempt to play, after a few minutes, windows just crashes, the screen goes black, and the sound glitches out.Tried a few games, every one of them ends up in the same situation, my screen just goes black and the...
  7. Pc freezes after a few minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc freezes after a few minutes: Ive had my pc for a few years but the most recent upgrade was December of 2022. Ive had problems with the pc not booting in may, but that was solved by turning off c-state in bios. For the past week my pc has been freezeing on idle and the only way to fix it was a hard...
  8. Pc freezes after a few minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc freezes after a few minutes: Ive had my pc for a few years but the most recent upgrade was December of 2022. Ive had problems with the pc not booting in may, but that was solved by turning off c-state in bios. For the past week my pc has been freezeing on idle and the only way to fix it was a hard...
  9. Pc freezes after a few minutes

10. PC freezes and then crashes a few minutes after closing a game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezes and then crashes a few minutes after closing a game.: Hi. I've been having this issue for a little while now where when I close a hardware-intensive game on my pc, specifically games such as Red Dead Redemption 2 or The Last of Us Part 1, it'll be absolutely fine for about 5-10 minutes. After 5-10 minutes my video output will...