Windows 10: PC becomes unresponsive out of nowhere.

Discus and support PC becomes unresponsive out of nowhere. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Today my PC started to get extremely laggy while being idle, started to get unresponsive and any apps couldn't be opened. I couldn't shut down or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by jussoperation2, Sep 18, 2024 at 5:07 PM.

1. PC becomes unresponsive out of nowhere.

Today my PC started to get extremely laggy while being idle, started to get unresponsive and any apps couldn't be opened. I couldn't shut down or restart so I had the only option to shut it down by holding the power button. After a few hours, I had the same issue but it wasn't lagging at all, I was able to close any apps but not open them, and just like I mentioned before the only choice I had, was to shut it down by holding the power button. After that, I benchmarked on Cinebench, and Cyberpunk 2077 with no unusual results, I uninstalled the latest Windows quality update, checked my drivers,

:)

jussoperation2, Sep 18, 2024 at 5:07 PM

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

3. John Vil Win User
    Keyboard unresponsive after update to Windows 10 version 1073

Hi,

One possible reason why your keyboard is slow and unresponsive after an update may be due to driver incompatibility. As an initial recommendation, we suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to resolve this issue. Kindly follow the steps
    below:

• Type Troubleshooting in Cortana's search field and press
      Enter.
    • Click on View All in the top left corner.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices from the list and follow the prompts.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

4. PC becomes unresponsive out of nowhere.

Programs become unresponsive in Windows 10

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried both with different results.

Step 1: Safe Mode:

This seemed to work and I could save a file in Word without the program becoming "Unresponsive".

Step 2: Clean Boot:

This did not work and Word would become unresponsive when trying to save a file.

I did notice another odd thing. It seems that sometimes (not often) Word would work the first time I used it If I close it and reopened it the unresponsive behavior returned. I tried opening Word several time but it remained unresponsive.

This is very frustrating as I use Word daily.

Thema:

PC becomes unresponsive out of nowhere.

1. PC becomes unresponsive out of nowhere. - Similar Threads - becomes unresponsive nowhere

2. PC becomes unresponsive out of nowhere.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC becomes unresponsive out of nowhere.: Today my PC started to get extremely laggy while being idle, started to get unresponsive and any apps couldn't be opened. I couldn't shut down or restart so I had the only option to shut it down by holding the power button. After a few hours, I had the same issue but it...
  3. PC Becomes Unresponsive On Startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Becomes Unresponsive On Startup: Hello!Recently I had a problem with my Windows not updating from 10 vers. 1909 to vers. 22H2 and have tried a number of fixes that have led me to believe that there is a physical issue with my motherboard. However, I had the idea of transferring my SSD to a friend's PC, have...
  4. PC Becomes Unresponsive On Startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Becomes Unresponsive On Startup: Hello!Recently I had a problem with my Windows not updating from 10 vers. 1909 to vers. 22H2 and have tried a number of fixes that have led me to believe that there is a physical issue with my motherboard. However, I had the idea of transferring my SSD to a friend's PC, have...
  5. PC Becomes Unresponsive On Startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. PC Overheating out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Overheating out of nowhere: Hello, okay so, overheating for my PC usually was not a problem as it never did, but, last 3 days it was overheating crazy, out of nowhere, then I went into HW Monitor in my BIOS to see that my CPU fan mostly doesn't work on first boot, SYS FAN 1 is always on 0 RPM in bios....
  7. PC Black screening and becoming unresponsive

PC Black screening and becoming unresponsive: Hello, My PC has been black screening for awhile during games and I don't know the solution. It does this during games, but windows also sometimes becomes unresponsive in which the only solution is to manually turn off the PC. I'm using an Inno3d RTX 3070 chill x3, a ryzen...
  8. PC becomes unresponsive

PC becomes unresponsive: My computer randomly becomes unresponsive, the mouse locks up, the audio drops out, and the machine itself makes a buzzing/grinding noise not from the speakers. Without any user input the machine corrects itself and goes back to normal operation. I have updated my drivers,...
  9. PC becomes unresponsive, any help?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC becomes unresponsive, any help?: So basically I've been doing fine on this PC then recently since this Sunday. Anytime I play low-performance games I don't have a problem but when I paly a high-performance game my screen will freeze on that game and if I manage to Alt + Tab out the other windows are also...
  10. PC becomes unresponsive?

PC becomes unresponsive?: So basically I've been doing fine on this PC then recently since this Sunday. Anytime I play low-performance games I don't have a problem but when I paly a high-performance game my screen will freeze on that game and if I manage to Alt + Tab out the other windows are also...