Windows 10: Passwordless Account with but login attempts are still listed as "wrong password"

Discus and support Passwordless Account with but login attempts are still listed as "wrong password" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I recently just made my account passwordless because I learned of it the other day, I added it alongside my existing 2FA options. I reviewed my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Quito382, Jan 21, 2024.

1. Quito382 Win User

Passwordless Account with but login attempts are still listed as "wrong password"

So I recently just made my account passwordless because I learned of it the other day, I added it alongside my existing 2FA options. I reviewed my account activity and noticed that there were sign attemptes in several countries since I went passwordless. Regardless, they werent able to sign because the activity says "incorrect password entered". Which is weird because I disabled my password. I tried loging into my account from another device to see if I could input my previous password but couldn't find it amongst the other login options the other options being sending an code to my recovery

:)

Quito382, Jan 21, 2024

2. Disable autologin with multiple passwordless accounts

Hi, I have a home PC with these accounts:

• 1 local admin account with password
    • 3 local standard accounts without password for family members
    What I want:

• a login screen at each startup, which lets you choose a family member account
    What actually happens:

• windows lets you choose for the first time, but then after turning off from a passwordless account and then turning back on, it autologins with that last used account (undesired in case other family member is at the computer)
    What I tried based on quick research:

1. change HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\PasswordLess\Device “DevicePasswordLessBuildVersion” from “2” to “0”
    2. start netplwiz
    3. check that "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" is already checked
    4. change the registry back to default
    Best regards,

Muller

MiroslavMuller, Jan 21, 2024
  3. Login Error - Wrong Microsoft Account Listed

I'm not sure how this happened, but my laptop shows the administrator account with the wrong email address, which does not belong to me, and I have no idea what the password is for that account. The laptop will not allow me to restore unless I have the
    right credentials. I cannot access the settings or the start menu without first logging in. Since I do not have the password, I cannot login. I can't afford to lose my programs and files. Any suggestions on how to login using a different account that is
    not listed?

dbspikes67, Jan 21, 2024
  4. donnyb Win User

Passwordless Account with but login attempts are still listed as "wrong password"

No login password craziness

Brink, that was the missing step. What threw me off was in netplwiz, where it asks about password for my MS account, the user name was not the same as my MS account name. Once I entered the password (twice) I can now login without entering a password. In fact the name that was listed was not the MS account name, but a folder name. The folder is the one that shows when you click on C:\Users.
    Thanks for the help.

donnyb, Jan 21, 2024
Thema:

1. Passwordless Account with but login attempts are still listed as "wrong password" - Similar Threads - Passwordless Account login

2. Seeing incorrect password login attempts even with a passwordless account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Seeing incorrect password login attempts even with a passwordless account.: Before switching to passwordless, i had a password and 2FA but after noticing a large amount of failed login attempts from overseas i swtiched to passwordless with the authenticator app.The large amount of attempts stopped for a good 20 days but when i checked yesterday there...
  3. Seeing incorrect password login attempts even with a passwordless account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Seeing incorrect password login attempts even with a passwordless account.: Before switching to passwordless, i had a password and 2FA but after noticing a large amount of failed login attempts from overseas i swtiched to passwordless with the authenticator app.The large amount of attempts stopped for a good 20 days but when i checked yesterday there...
  4. Passwordless Account with but login attempts are still listed as "wrong password"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Passwordless Account with but login attempts are still listed as "wrong password": So I recently just made my account passwordless because I learned of it the other day, I added it alongside my existing 2FA options. I reviewed my account activity and noticed that there were sign attemptes in several countries since I went passwordless. Regardless, they...
  5. Passwordless Account with but login attempts are still listed as "wrong password"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Passwordless Account with but login attempts are still listed as "wrong password": So I recently just made my account passwordless because I learned of it the other day, I added it alongside my existing 2FA options. I reviewed my account activity and noticed that there were sign attemptes in several countries since I went passwordless. Regardless, they...
  6. I have a passwordless account and use the authenticator app but password attempts are still...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a passwordless account and use the authenticator app but password attempts are still...: I have a passwordless account and use the authenticator app, whenever I was updating my devices and needed to access Microsoft, I got authentication requests on my app that I had to approve with no password asked for. I have noticed that there are roughly 15+ attempts a day...
  7. I have a passwordless account and use the authenticator app but password attempts are still...

I have a passwordless account and use the authenticator app but password attempts are still...: I have a passwordless account and use the authenticator app, whenever I was updating my devices and needed to access Microsoft, I got authentication requests on my app that I had to approve with no password asked for. I have noticed that there are roughly 15+ attempts a day...
  8. Passwordless account but still receive authentication attempt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Passwordless account but still receive authentication attempt: I am passwordless with Microsoft, I suddenly received a Microsoft authentication request and denied it as I wasn't logging in. Activity shows attempt from IP out of San Jose other side of the country from me. When I click secure my account I am told no worry as they didn't...
  9. Passwordless account but still receive authentication attempt

Passwordless account but still receive authentication attempt: I am passwordless with Microsoft, I suddenly received a Microsoft authentication request and denied it as I wasn't logging in. Activity shows attempt from IP out of San Jose other side of the country from me. When I click secure my account I am told no worry as they didn't...
  10. Wrong Password when attempt to login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Wrong Password when attempt to login: i cant sign in on my computer. i can sign into to out look and everything but when i try to sign into my account on my computer it says when password is wrong even when i reset it 2 minutes earlier. what is the issue [Original Title: account]...